NFL: 2022 Draft Prospects

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I like Rattler to go #1
Depending on who ends up with the pick, right now he’s the guy. Others are good enough that they can emerge, but in September, his stock os highest.

Sep 19, 2008
Seen a bit of Pickett but I agree he is impressive and he is a senior too IIRC. Corrall again is also good. Howell and Rattler's stock have dropped down this year.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
253521672_1875169652667146_8778908543947241507_n.jpg

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
It'll probably happen just because NFL front offices are stupid but any GM who takes a QB first over Thibodeaux or Hutchinson should be fired immediately

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
It'll probably happen just because NFL front offices are stupid but any GM who takes a QB first over Thibodeaux or Hutchinson should be fired immediately

If things stay as is, Jacksonville and Detroit have the first two picks. Both of which have holes all over their roster and would probably best going BPA. Both teams need impact players and Thibodeaux and Hutchinson promise to be just that.

Jacksonville definitely won't take a QB since they got their guy already and i can't see Detroit taking a QB when they know they're stuck with Goff for 2022 at the minimum.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I don’t see any QB who is worth trading up for. Are any of these kids better than Fields who went #11 or Jones who went 15?

athletically Corrall and Pickett better than Jones as is the Liberty QB. Are they as smart? Don’t know.

I don’t think the benefit to a team like Jax or Det is worth passing up a potential elite DE pass rusher to drop down to where the likes of team who want QBs would draft. Can get Secondary position guys like Stingley or Hamilton. But those are not the premium position that DE, LT rate after QB.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If the Lions took a QB, they can definitely cut Goff. I don’t think it will happen, but if they have a guy, you’re not winning next year anyways, who cares about $30m in dead cap

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If the Lions took a QB, they can definitely cut Goff. I don’t think it will happen, but if they have a guy, you’re not winning next year anyways, who cares about $30m in dead cap
This year's guys are not as impressive as prior years or what is expected to be available next year. No point in taking a QB unless, you are prepared to commit the entire length of his rookie deal in developing him IMO. Unless you believe that there is a Herbert potential QB in Willis/Corral/Pickett that can be unlocked, I wouldn't take a QB in the top 5 if I was one of the bad teams this year. Different story if I'm WAS, DEN, PIT, etc. and one of those guys is available for me when my turn comes as I have a better supporting cast to help develop the QB, vs putting so much on his plate early in his career.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Didn't want any part of Justin Fields last year and I don't want any QB in the first round of this draft class.

Detroit is going to stink regardless and needs help all over the board.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
QBs shouldn't start coming off the board until the Washington, Pittsburgh, etc portion of the draft, solid teams not drafting in the top 10 who need clear successors. Any rebuilding team should just wait for next year's vastly superior class.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
QBs shouldn't start coming off the board until the Washington, Pittsburgh, etc portion of the draft, solid teams not drafting in the top 10 who need clear successors. Any rebuilding team should just wait for next year's vastly superior class.

While I see your point, a lot can change from year to year. Take a look at your OP for the best example of this.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Quarterbacks will rise up during the draft process. They always do.

Agreed. Not saying anyone is guaranteed to pick a QB high but when you take a look league-wide you see a LOT of teams with no long-term solution at QB.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Food for thought: do the Lions take a QB with the Rams' 1st and/or use it as part of a package to trade up for a QB?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Taking a QB high means that you want to support the guy with weapons. Saw Miami and Philly trade back up to grab Waddle and Smith. So don’t take a QB unless you are prepared to spend the next 3 years developing him like the Giants have with Jones. Ultimately I don’t think he’s the guy but you have to see if he is or is not.

how many or whether any of these kids are worth that type of investment remains to be seen. See how the evaluation process goes.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Food for thought: do the Lions take a QB with the Rams' 1st and/or use it as part of a package to trade up for a QB?
If you identify someone as you guy, and he's a QB, and you're willing to put the future of your program on him, you go and get him. But you don't do it just because you're taking a QB just because you think you should.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
If you identify someone as you guy, and he's a QB, and you're willing to put the future of your program on him, you go and get him. But you don't do it just because you're taking a QB just because you think you should.

I agree, but I was more wondering aloud if anyone thinks it possible that the Lions will do it in reality and less about whether or not it makes actual sense.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Brad Holmes was the Rams director of college scouting when we drafted Goff and seems to still think pretty highly of him, I’d be shocked if they didn’t at least give him one more year with a better team

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I agree, but I was more wondering aloud if anyone thinks it possible that the Lions will do it in reality and less about whether or not it makes actual sense.
Too large a gap between their pick and the Rams pick to grab a QB.
Right now no one seems like they have the potential of elevating from their ncaa performance like Herbert has done. But that can change during the evaluation process and workouts.

this draft has the feel of the Jones/Haskins class. Neither were clear cut top 10 guys though Jones did get in there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad