2022 Draft Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I think Kemell is going top 5, I think scouts are high on him. Yzerman drafted some big CHL forwards in Tampa.

All his best forwards were smaller guys though. Stamkos, Point, Cirelli, Kucherov, Palat. I think Killorn was the only of his core group that was taller than 6'1". Even Yanni Gourde is 5'9" and Tyler Johnson was about the same.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Shane, I hope you like coney dogs, summers on a lake, and Joumana Kayrouz billboards because you’re Detroit-bound motherf***er.

6% never felt so good.

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
I feel like a little more negative attention:

So what are your predictions for first overall, and for Detroit's ping-pong ball?

And before you can say "It's random" -- nah bra. It's not.

For 5 years running, the first overall has gone to a team in either NY or NJ. Wow those are some big markets. What a co-inky-dink. Year before that, Toronto. And then the league has always had their sentimental favorites like Edmonton and Shitsburgh.

My prediction for 1st overall this year: Seattle Kraken.

NJ already has quite a few good centers, so they'll give Wright to Seattle to help develop that expansion market. Lots and lots of merch to move, when no one has any merch yet. And then there's the market tie-in with the bottom-shelf spiced rum -- $$$$.

My prediction for Detroit: 9th.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
I feel like there have been quite a few disappointments in the top 3 the past couple years. If the Wings do win #1 overall, who do you go with? What is Wright's bust potential?

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020

Top 5

1. Wright
2. Cooley
3. Kemmel
4. Slafkovsky
5. Nemec

17. Savoie
24. Nazar
27. Kasper
31. Geekie

Button is usually alright when it comes to ranking but this year looks like he's missed the mark by quite a bit.
Holy f***. Filip Mesar at #52? We should be so lucky! That kid gives me big Pastrnak vibes.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Button is usually alright when it comes to ranking but this year looks like he's missed the mark by quite a bit.
Holy f***. Filip Mesar at #52? We should be so lucky! That kid gives me big Pastrnak vibes.

For better or worse, Craig seems to rely heavily on international tournaments. The lack of a proper WJC this year I think is tricky for me.

I think there are some shockers on this list, but I also think we'll see a ton of variance on final mocks from now until draft day. It's a messy year.

My instinct is to trade down from 8/9 to the mid teens, but I'm not sure that teams are going to pay heavy to move up this year so it might not make sense.

Seider=Carlo lol

I hear you, but I think Craig takes too much heat for this one. For one, when it's your job to comment on every prospect, you're gonna have some rough calls. Button to his credit came around on Seider much quicker than for example Wheeler, who like tripled down on Seider being a meat and potatoes player.

Beyond that, I honestly don't think Carlo was a wild suggestion on draft day. Like if you posted that comparison on draft day morning on this board, before we picked Seider, I don't think you'd have gotten a ton of pushback. Button was certainly not alone in projecting Seider as a second pairing guy.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
For better or worse, Craig seems to rely heavily on international tournaments. The lack of a proper WJC this year I think is tricky for me.

I think there are some shockers on this list, but I also think we'll see a ton of variance on final mocks from now until draft day. It's a messy year.

My instinct is to trade down from 8/9 to the mid teens, but I'm not sure that teams are going to pay heavy to move up this year so it might not make sense.

I hear you, but I think Craig takes too much heat for this one. For one, when it's your job to comment on every prospect, you're gonna have some rough calls. Button to his credit came around on Seider much quicker than for example Wheeler, who like tripled down on Seider being a meat and potatoes player.

Beyond that, I honestly don't think Carlo was a wild suggestion on draft day. Like if you posted that comparison on draft day morning on this board, before we picked Seider, I don't think you'd have gotten a ton of pushback. Button was certainly not alone in projecting Seider as a second pairing guy.

The furthest I would want Detroit to move back is to 14. That's where I think it gets a little hairy as the value of players takes a dip. And the package would have to be a pretty good one to move back that far.

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015

Top 5

1. Wright
2. Cooley
3. Kemmel
4. Slafkovsky
5. Nemec

17. Savoie
24. Nazar
27. Kasper
31. Geekie
Savoie at 17 with the raw talent he has is inexcusable. I understand it's subjective but at a certain point it's just clickbait. You can't honestly watch Savoie and tell me he isn't a better prospect than Gauthier or Snuggerud.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
I feel like a little more negative attention:

So what are your predictions for first overall, and for Detroit's ping-pong ball?

And before you can say "It's random" -- nah bra. It's not.

For 5 years running, the first overall has gone to a team in either NY or NJ. Wow those are some big markets. What a co-inky-dink. Year before that, Toronto. And then the league has always had their sentimental favorites like Edmonton and Shitsburgh.

My prediction for 1st overall this year: Seattle Kraken.

NJ already has quite a few good centers, so they'll give Wright to Seattle to help develop that expansion market. Lots and lots of merch to move, when no one has any merch yet. And then there's the market tie-in with the bottom-shelf spiced rum -- $$$$.

My prediction for Detroit: 9th.

Are you accusing Ernst and Young of something nefarious?

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Savoie at 17 with the raw talent he has is inexcusable. I understand it's subjective but at a certain point it's just clickbait. You can't honestly watch Savoie and tell me he isn't a better prospect than Gauthier or Snuggerud.
It depends how you project him as an NHLer. You aren't drafting prospects to play junior hockey, you are drafting them to play in the NHL. 17 feels low for me but I don't doubt that some teams have Gauthier over him. Snuggerud is underrated. He isn't top 10 good but he has had a very good season. Winnipeg is a super high profile team this year. I know people question how much junior hockey Button is actually watching, but if there is one team you would watch this year as a draft reporter, it is the Ice.

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
Kind of a bizarre list. Light a match to it. However we should get Reiger Lorenz and Lian Bischel with our next two picks. I’m good with that

Christien

May 1, 2010
Hope it’s Jiricek but I doubt he’ll be there. Hope they go for Nazar, Kasper, or Lambert.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I'm hoping Kemell or Savoie falls to us. If not my guy at 8 is Nazar, but I'm gonna do a deep dive on the main guys available in the coming days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad