Status
Not open for further replies.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
1 Philly
2 Chicago

We pick 8th

That would make me laugh and cry a bit. It would also make me think the lottery is fixed.

"We owe Philly for the Nolan Patrick ordeal. Plus we can't have Wright go to Arizona! What would the media say if the #1 overall pick is playing in a 5000 seat arena that STILL can't sell out?!" (Seriously, have you seen their ticket prices?)

Also Chicago winning Cooley would actually make me lol all day. It means they have to give up next year's pick with no protection, and that team is looking even more thin than Detroit while being in a way worse cap situation.
Chicago Blackhawks Salary Cap, Draft Picks, and Player Contracts - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Full pessimism:

1 - Anaheim
2 - Buffalo

I'd be less mad about Anaheim winning but I'm tired of Buffalo getting a top pick. They've had 2 #2 picks and 2 #1 picks since 2014. Plus if Buffalo wins then it ruins my idea of trading them the #8 pick for the #9 pick and Peterka.

I think we win it

Feels like the year

That kind of positivity is what will kill you in here.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Yeah, Anaheim seems like the least frustrating way to fall to #10. Mostly I'm glad that there's no real "conspiracy" team this year - even if Chicago wins, as you note, they really sort of lose.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Yeah, Anaheim seems like the least frustrating way to fall to #10. Mostly I'm glad that there's no real "conspiracy" team this year - even if Chicago wins, as you note, they really sort of lose.

I'm betting it will be a combination of an old power and seattle.

Montreal wins #1 then Seattle gets #2.

If Seattle gets the #2 pick I'd bet on them getting one of Jiricek or Slafkovsky. And I'll injure myself from laughing on the mains for the next 5 years as Montreal turns Shane Wright into Nico Hischier or RNH.

• Haha
Reactions: FMichael and njx9

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Maybe it's been a progression. Drop for a few years then stay where they're supposed to be and then... Movin' on up!

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I am expecting 8, and I feel like I have a decent feel for who the 7 players are that will go before we pick.

Jiricek, Nemec, Wright, Slafkovsky, Cooley, Kemell, Savoie

I think we will be picking between the likes of Geekie, Mintyukov, Lekkerimaki, Nazar, Gauthier, or Kasper unless we go "off the board".

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
I'm betting it will be a combination of an old power and seattle.

Montreal wins #1 then Seattle gets #2.

If Seattle gets the #2 pick I'd bet on them getting one of Jiricek or Slafkovsky. And I'll injure myself from laughing on the mains for the next 5 years as Montreal turns Shane Wright into Nico Hischier or RNH.
Yeah - seems like winning the lottery is almost a burden some years.

I guess with our luck we'll settle for 8th this year.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I am expecting 8, and I feel like I have a decent feel for who the 7 players are that will go before we pick.

Jiricek, Nemec, Wright, Slafkovsky, Cooley, Kemell, Savoie

I think we will be picking between the likes of Geekie, Mintyukov, Lekkerimaki, Nazar, Gauthier, or Kasper unless we go "off the board".

The only off-board pick that would shock me is Ostlund. I'd be less happy with Lekkerimaki, Kemell and Mintyukov but life would go on. Geekie just does not seem like a DRW pick but I could be wrong.

Reactions: lilidk

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The only off-board pick that would shock me is Ostlund. I'd be less happy with Lekkerimaki, Kemell and Mintyukov but life would go on. Geekie just does not seem like a DRW pick but I could be wrong.
I think Kemell is going top 5, I think scouts are high on him. Yzerman drafted some big CHL forwards in Tampa.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Every time lottery day comes around I get this false hope. Maybe this year is the year

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Would be fun to get 2023 1st for Hronek.

Then that team will fail at 2022-23 season and we will win the lottery and get Bedard. :cool:
Yeah as deep as the 2023 NHL draft will be, If we can get a 2023 1st round pick for both Hronek and Bertuzzi you take it. Then we have 3 picks in the top 32 in the deepest draft in over 20 years.

Every time lottery day comes around I get this false hope. Maybe this year is the year
Same here, Doubt we get 1st overall. But we can't rule out 2nd overall in 100 tries on Tankathon i hit 2nd overall about 15% of the time. I'd gladly take those odds .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad