WJC: 2022 Czech Republic Roster talk

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The important thing is that we flew over our best D prospect since Nagano. Pulled him out of Extraliga, tossed him in quarantine, watched him get hurt inside of 1 period and then flew him back for the prestige of a tournament that will probably be cancelled later today.

Neat Jiricek stat from his period of play. We scored 2 even strength goals in that period... svozil and gut. We haven't scored an even strength goal in the 5 periods since.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Not that I expected to medal but that medal draught just got one year longer

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
upload_2021-12-30_13-59-26.png

Are we looking at 3 possible first rounders in Jiricek, Kulich and Sapovaliv?

In other good news.. Kempny played over 20 minutes in the NHL last night. Hajek is getting regular minutes now for the Rangers and doing quite well. Jenik is playing. Frk is very close to an NHL start as is Franouz and Vrana must be getting close by now.

My total pure speculatino is that they are trying to trade away Kempny and showcasing him.

Some sunshine!

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
For the summer tournament:

Novak - Mysak - Kulich
Sale - Gut - Brabanec
Malat - Ivan - Rysavy
Kos - Kolacek - Urban
Konceny

Jiracek - Svozil
Spacek - Moravec
Hamara - Krutil
Balaz - Tichacek

Malik
Bednar
Malek

Medal-canidate, imo.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
For the summer tournament:

Novak - Mysak - Kulich
Sale - Gut - Brabanec
Malat - Ivan - Rysavy
Kos - Kolacek - Urban
Konceny

Jiracek - Svozil
Spacek - Moravec
Hamara - Krutil
Balaz - Tichacek

Malik
Bednar
Malek

Medal-canidate, imo.
I'd add sapo personally.

That D would be our best one at this tournament in a very long time.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Novak - Gut - Kulich
Sale - Mysak - Sapovaliv
Malat - Konceny - Rysavy
Kos - Ivan Ivan - Brabanec
Urban

Jiracek - Svozil
Spacek - Moravec
Hamara - Krutil
Balaz - Tichacek

Malik
Bednar
Malek

Im wondering about Adam Beres. He had a good u18 wc. Ready for this?

Attack being weak i dont agree with. Kulich and Sale is major talents. Novak and Mysak is Landeskog-types. Key is to have them on different lines. Gut is doing great in WHL. Sapo is skilled. Top 6 is good. Konceny have good numbers in Czech league, he is underated. Goalies are good. D is great. Medal-canidate, in my eyes.

Congrats to Czechs for the bronze in WHC. Now its time for a medal in u20!

Dont laugh at me Anti.

Reactions: Czechboy

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
His results in Extraliga, considering he had a pretty humble team to coach, seem excellent. So there is at least that.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Novak - Gut - Kulich
Sale - Mysak - Sapovaliv
Malat - Konceny - Rysavy
Kos - Ivan Ivan - Brabanec
Urban

Jiracek - Svozil
Spacek - Moravec
Hamara - Krutil
Balaz - Tichacek

Malik
Bednar
Malek

Im wondering about Adam Beres. He had a good u18 wc. Ready for this?

Attack being weak i dont agree with. Kulich and Sale is major talents. Novak and Mysak is Landeskog-types. Key is to have them on different lines. Gut is doing great in WHL. Sapo is skilled. Top 6 is good. Konceny have good numbers in Czech league, he is underated. Goalies are good. D is great. Medal-canidate, in my eyes.

Congrats to Czechs for the bronze in WHC. Now its time for a medal in u20!

Dont laugh at me Anti.
The attack seemed weak to me, and in fact it was worse. There's no point in pretending it wasn't ... We'll get a second chance. I'm not sure if players like Šále, Šapovaliv or Hamara will be on the team. If it leads to a revival of our performance, I'll be happy, you can trust me:hit:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The attack seemed weak to me, and in fact it was worse. There's no point in pretending it wasn't ... We'll get a second chance. I'm not sure if players like Šále, Šapovaliv or Hamara will be on the team. If it leads to a revival of our performance, I'll be happy, you can trust me:hit:
We may have an entire D core that has been drafted. That has to be a first!

With Malik emerging as a star we also have 3 very solid goalies (whom may also be drafted)

Our entire top 6 may also be drafted except for Sale (too young but he's our next big forward IMO)

Do I think all these guys will go.. I doubt it. I could see Malik pulling a Zacha. Jiricek in training camp.

We need Marcel Marcel to play with Ivan Ivan so Twitter can have a fit.lol

Now even if they all go.. do I think we have a shot at a medal? Not really.lol

• Haha
Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
1655934397824.png

Here are the invites for summer tourney...

Notable exceptions are Krutil on D and Malek who started the game against Canada. No reason given.
Nick Malik also missing but I think he's eligible but I think he hates us.

It's solid but I don't see a medal contender. Happy that Ivan Ivan and Marcel Marcel are attending though!

If Jiricek backs out we are in trouble but if he plays that would be big for us. I'll call it 50-50 but hope I'm wrong.

Eduard Sale is a substitute but is expected at Hlinka.

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
Pavel Novák diagnosed with cancer...
As a rockets fan, tbh it took me a few days to accept that…I've watched him grow up in the WHL and I know how many setbacks he's had along the way. Injuries, visa issues, covid, the cancellation of the tournament… He overcame all of these to get his first NHL contract as a 5th rounder, he deserves better. Then it happened, suddenly everyone is talking about him, even though they may not know him or what he's been through.
I even don't care when or whether he gets back on the ice, I just hope he can finally beat cancer and enjoy his whole life.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Very high number. Personally, I hope most don't go over yet. I'm also thinking it's related to a missing nation. Still, we have 2 first rounders coming up (I hope) and might have more than usual. Positive signs.

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
I think Kulich will take a more important role. He's a solid sniper in PP, and without Novie, he will get longer PP time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad