WJC: 2022 Czech Republic Roster talk

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
František Němec being on this team is such a joke. Terrible player in my opinion. Why Alscher didn't get an invite?
Agreed... Losing krutil and not inviting alscher isn't the best for us. Still a nice looking D though.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
We beat Austria today... Allowed 2 goals against in 10 seconds.lol

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Sabres fans are quite excited to watch Kulich play. Many think he was a huge steal at #28 in the draft.

Wondering why Sale isn't on the team? Put him on the bus to Edmonton!

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Sale should have been selected as well, agreed.

Looking forward to see Jiricek. My favorite D from the draft, even if that can change in the future.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Sabres fans are quite excited to watch Kulich play. Many think he was a huge steal at #28 in the draft.

Wondering why Sale isn't on the team? Put him on the bus to Edmonton!
Totally agree... We lost Novak and Brabenec... Even if he was put into the 13th forward slot and deployed like Jecho was here... I'd be fine with that. He better be there at xmas in a sheltered offensive role.

Kulich looks to be a riser... Really curious how he does in Buffalo and where he plays this season

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Totally agree... We lost Novak and Brabenec... Even if he was put into the 13th forward slot and deployed like Jecho was here... I'd be fine with that. He better be there at xmas in a sheltered offensive role.

Kulich looks to be a riser... Really curious how he does in Buffalo and where he plays this season
Sale is still only 17, but think he'd be fine at this level. Should be a lock for 2023 team.

The AHL would be a serious grind for Kulich, an 18 year-old playing in his first season on smaller NA rinks at 175ish pounds. Cape Breton would be my preference. He'd have a chance to star, playing lots of minutes on what is expected to be a weak team, at a much less challenging level. Obviously he could stay in the Extraliga as well. Your thoughts?

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Sale is still only 17, but think he'd be fine at this level. Should be a lock for 2023 team.

The AHL would be a serious grind for Kulich, an 18 year-old playing in his first season on smaller NA rinks at 175ish pounds. Cape Breton would be my preference. He'd have a chance to star, playing lots of minutes on what is expected to be a weak team, at a much less challenging level. Obviously he could stay in the Extraliga as well. Your thoughts?
I think going from the czech league to the QMJHL would be a step back. Especially for a guy like Kulich, who is probably just too good for Q.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
I think going from the czech league to the QMJHL would be a step back. Especially for a guy like Kulich, who is probably just too good for Q.
That's certainly possible.

I'd like him to adjust to NA size ice next season. Better that he dominates in his age group than get bounced around at a level that might be beyond him. 19 in December would be very young for an AHL player. If the Sabres don't care about the rink size adjustment, then he might as well stay in Extraliga.

Apologies for derailing the thread. Best of luck in the WJC.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
That's certainly possible.

I'd like him to adjust to NA size ice next season. Better that he dominates in his age group than get bounced around at a level that might be beyond him. 19 in December would be very young for an AHL player. If the Sabres don't care about the rink size adjustment, then he might as well stay in Extraliga.

Apologies for derailing the thread. Best of luck in the WJC.
I'd prefer him struggling in AHL then the Q. Sounds crazy I know but I'd go

AHL
Extraliga

Q

For this particular guy. In all cases at wjhc as a top liner.

Conversely... I'd be fine with sale hitting the OHL because it's his draft year.

Reactions: Goodman68

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022

I'd rather have him shine at HGC than as a fringe player at WJC.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I'd prefer him struggling in AHL then the Q. Sounds crazy I know but I'd go

AHL
Extraliga

Q

For this particular guy. In all cases at wjhc as a top liner.

Conversely... I'd be fine with sale hitting the OHL because it's his draft year.
I get that but in a lot of those cases, kids end up not seeing the ice very much in a pivotal development year. I think he'll be fine either way but I'd love to watch him eat up the Q

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad