Bathory, GA

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Arizona vs. Bryant/Wright State
Seton Hall vs TCU
Texas Tech vs. Montana State
Alabama vs. Notre Dame/Rutgers

I'll be at these. Some strange matchups there.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
Alright, the NCAA tournament is upon us.

Starting next year, the Turner games should have simulcasts on broadcast stations in markets with a rooting interest in the participating teams.

Affiliates of The CW, as a joint venture between the two media companies which share broadcast rights to the tournament, would have right of first refusal, with other stations (prioritizing non-CBS stations co-owned with CW stations, and non-CW stations co-owned with CBS stations) being able to air games if simultaneous games on Turner's side feature teams of local interest.

In Zanesville, Ohio, the only market without an over-the-air CBS affiliate, the one local station that does exist, NBC affiliate WHIZ-TV, would also be eligible to air CBS games featuring the Ohio State Buckeyes or Ohio Bobcats.

To avoid ratings damage from affiliate pre-emptions, The CW would not air any first-run episodes on nights Turner networks are scheduled to air tournament games, only expendable repeats.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
As a Michigan fan I knew they were more than capable of pulling the upset. However, after losing their PG right before the tournament and Dickerson's status still kinda sketchy, I was directing people towards Colorado State.

Glad I was wrong.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Darn, bad foul by South Dakota State on a Providence three point attempt basically sealed the loss for them. Too bad, like rooting for MVC schools (even though they're only in that conference in football).

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
What a weird year for my alma mater, Alabama. Even filling out my bracket, I think about this Bama team beating Gonzaga, Baylor, Tennessee, and Houston this year, almost taking it to Auburn and Kentucky, and I have hope.

Then I think about losing to Georgia (their only SEC win), losing to Iona, getting spanked by Memphis, and I'm left with this feeling of indecision.

But since we didn't win a game in the SEC tourney, I have us beating the Irish and then losing to TT.

Whatever, RTR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad