NCAA: 2022 College Off-season Thread

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Cale Gundy stepping down at OU. because he apparently read the N word off of a players IPAD?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Clemson, MI, & TX still haven't decided who their starting QB will be.
Still 3 weeks before the labour day weekend.

Michigan, McCarthy he got hurt during spring practice so he was a bit behind. More talent than McNamara but missed reps due to injury.

Texas, neither starter was great last season. Thompson transferred while card stayed. Have Ewers now but I saw him air mail a few passes in the spring game.

Clemson, DJ U was poor last season. Have a top recruit in Cade Klubik this season as a true freshman.

Last edited:
Reactions: Say Hey Kid

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Fox is gonna be left out too? That is even more shocking

edit: not in their A-package

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

I’m ready to hear from ESPN about how good the PAC-12 is

• Haha
Reactions: DaveG

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Isaiah Neyor tore his ACL in Texas scrimmage. The rumors were that he was going to put up a crazy season. Unfortunate.

Sep 19, 2008
I was listening to some preseason scouting reports @PanthersPens62 and the vibes are very high on Miami. One podcast The Solid Verbal went into detail on Mario's strengths and weaknesses. Mario does well with the O-line so that should be improved. The D is kind of barren so we will see what happens there, but obvious coaching upgrades to his assistants, and a reliance on the run game should help take pressure off Tyler Van Dyke

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Absolutely. Most of Georgia’s team from last season especially on Defnece got drafted to the nfl. Polls should not come out until October.
I maybe bias, but I have no f***ing clue how A&M is ranked so highly. They have the #1 recruiting class. But lost Elko, NFL talent and jumbo sucks as an OC

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Absolutely. Most of Georgia’s team from last season especially on Defnece got drafted to the nfl. Polls should not come out until October.
Agreed, but Georgia is at the point where they're just reloading under Kirby. The offense figures to be much better this year, which will certainly help early on while the new starters are gelling on defense, but that unit is just stacked with high four and five star talent. They also have more returning than people think on defense. Jalen Carter was probably the best DT on the team last year despite the Davis/Wyatt hype, Nolan Smith is looking to jump draft stock as the former number one recruit in America, and Ringo is looking like a top ten pick going into the 2023 draft. They need to grow up at LB but they have an absurd amount of click and collect five stars in the position group.

Their schedule certainly helps as well. They get Oregon in game one of the Lanning era in Atlanta, Florida who's a year or two away (if they ever get there under Napier), Tennessee at home, and a down Auburn team at home. Kentucky is a horrible matchup for Kentucky because they're essentially a C version of Georgia and the only other crossover game with the SEC West is MSU. I fully expect Georgia and Alabama to get to Atlanta undefeated, and at that point the game is just about playoff seeding. No way the loser of that game gets left out if both are undefeated to that point.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Jesus

so Myles Brennan LITERALLY just committed a legal fraud, if that makes sense.

These NIL deals are the WILD FRANKIN WEST

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jesus

Yeah I bet a lawyer could make that case. But I don’t begrudge him for gaming the system.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Jesus

Yeah I bet a lawyer could make that case. But I don’t begrudge him for gaming the system.
Probably not. The more likely case is that the contracts get canceled either due to a clause in the contract or due to a frustration of purpose argument.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Probably not. The more likely case is that the contracts get canceled either due to a clause in the contract or due to a frustration of purpose argument.
Probably depends on the wording of the agreement. Logically, depending on the company he signed with, did the people who drafted the agreement put in a clause that he needs to remain a part of the LSU football team. The NIL money is not permitted to be tied to performance, such as being the starter or throwing for X number of yards/TDs. The value of his NIL is being on the LSU football.

So, his agent/lawyer should have been consulted before he stepped away from the team. Is he no longer on a football scholarship? I get that practicing without the chance of being the starter sucks, especially for a senior, but if the scholarship and NIL money were tied to being on the team, then he needed to consider it, if money is tight for him and his family. If it's not, then he's more than free to walk away from it all at this time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad