NCAA: 2022 College Off-season Thread

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Can we sticky this? Spring ball is starting for most teams, should be interesting times.

Also ASU starting QB Jadyn Daniels transferred to LSU. Going to be interesting to see how he does.

I really like what Napier built at Florida, same as Cristobal at the U. Florida crooting going to be a BLOODBATH and that's before Deion goes to FSU next year.

Also seems like Arch is down to 3 teams: Alabama, Texas, Georgia.

Reactions: DaveG

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Can we sticky this? Spring ball is starting for most teams, should be interesting times.

Also ASU starting QB Jadyn Daniels transferred to LSU. Going to be interesting to see how he does.

I really like what Napier built at Florida, same as Cristobal at the U. Florida crooting going to be a BLOODBATH and that's before Deion goes to FSU next year.

Texas has sophomore Ewers and Georgia landed gunner Stockton this class. Arch is likely a day 1 starter so if both of those guys land the starting role and play well think that could take those schools out of the race.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021

He better bring Travis Hunter with him.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Gonna have a lot of people hitting the portal soon. Gotta be in by May 1st to play next year unless you are a grad transfer.
Yeah but even if you do transfer you would be so behind the guys at the next school who have been participating in spring practices to get playing time. Especially for QB position.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
got a scorching hawt take here. Alabama wins it all and Saint Nick retires.

They replace him with Lane Train.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
So I don’t know how many people are paying attention to NIL but it’s really starting to become a shit show. I can speak on rumours related to Texas. But apparently USC/Oregon are going all out. USC/Oregon made offers to Xavier Worthy and Jahdae Barron to come play for them and both nearly portal’s from Texas.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
So I don’t know how many people are paying attention to NIL but it’s really starting to become a shit show. I can speak on rumours related to Texas. But apparently USC/Oregon are going all out. USC/Oregon made offers to Xavier Worthy and Jahdae Barron to come play for them and both nearly portal’s from Texas.
It is the wild Wild West.
For those not good enough to ever play in the nfl, good on them to get their money.
I don’t follow how NIL works but I thought that it was fine of the kids to seek their own deals or at least with the school helping to broker a deal with a company. But it can’t be that the school itself is paying the kids is it?

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
It is the wild Wild West.
For those not good enough to ever play in the nfl, good on them to get their money.
I don’t follow how NIL works but I thought that it was fine of the kids to seek their own deals or at least with the school helping to broker a deal with a company. But it can’t be that the school itself is paying the kids is it?
NCAA granted them agents to let them negotiate deals for players, but it’s turned into agents back channeling for agents for this. Example, Jordan Addison going to USC

Say Hey Kid

War, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Now the NCAA is looking at an NIL salary cap. Paying athletes a salary would have made more sense. There should be an option to just play college sports if some players want that. There will be free agency instead of the draft and a super conference someday.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I definitely don’t like the idea of going into a transfer portal because you got offered a better deal (as opposed to looking for one). It’s also annoying as a fan to have to keep track of it, but it already was that way. I can’t get mad at players for exploiting it though given how long this went on. It’s definitely bad for the have-nots of the sport though and anything big schools see as too restrictive, they can just organize and leave the NCAA, the bowls and playoff, and money for other schools will go with them.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The September 10 game between Alabama and Texas in Austin will be a 11am local start, as it was selected by Fox for their Big Noon Saturday - the first pick of national games for the year. That's not going to go over well with the heat in Texas.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
The September 10 game between Alabama and Texas in Austin will be a 11am local start, as it was selected by Fox for their Big Noon Saturday - the first pick of national games for the year. That's not going to go over well with the heat in Texas.
I was potentially gonna fly from Toronto for this game.... now. yikes

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011

People are going to focus on the messenger and be like "really Nick, you've never bought a player?"

There's basically an unwritten rule in the SEC, you can pay but don't go crazy. Kirby when he took over at Georgia was paying players, Nick didn't really care. A&M got pissed that Texas joined the SEC without them knowing and starting acting out of pocket with the bag game and everyone knows it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad