NFL GDT: 2022 AFC Wild Card Round: (3) Cincinnati Bengals vs (6) Baltimore Ravens

CIN vs BAL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
How would that not make him flip the f*** out?
i'm just saying i don't envision the ravens losing him for nothing. if he leaves, it'll be because the ravens tagged him and then traded him

he's getting paid either way and i still think the ravens are the team that will pay him. they know franchise QBs don't grow on trees and the only way they'll lose him is if he straight up tells them he doesn't want to play for them

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
looks like huntley is gonna get the start, even though it should be anthony brown who looked far better than huntley. he and skylar thompson are gonna duke it out for worst QB to start a playoff game in recent memory

this one's gonna be over before it even starts

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Lamar's gone in the offseason. This whole thing is such an asshole move by John Harbaugh.

If your QB is out, just f***ing say so. All we've been hearing the last couple weeks is "Oh Lamar is a quitter! he's selfish!" when in reality, PCL injuries are serious and from what i read, a grade 2 sprain is essentially a thread away from being torn. Lamar rightfully will not take the risk when he gets his biggest contract in the offseason. Even if he did, he's likely ineffective since he can't be mobile with an injury like that.

The whole "week to week" thing was crap. If Lamar knew he couldn't go then surely the organization did. Why not just say it? It makes it look like you don't have his back.

Most are saying he likely still needs surgery in the offseason. Those contract negations gonna be extra spicy and i bet it ends with him either walking away or forcing a trade if they franchise tag him.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Lamar's gone in the offseason. This whole thing is such an asshole move by John Harbaugh.

If your QB is out, just f***ing say so. All we've been hearing the last couple weeks is "Oh Lamar is a quitter! he's selfish!" when in reality, PCL injuries are serious and from what i read, a grade 2 sprain is essentially a thread away from being torn. Lamar rightfully will not take the risk when he gets his biggest contract in the offseason. Even if he did, he's likely ineffective since he can't be mobile with an injury like that.

The whole "week to week" thing was crap. If Lamar knew he couldn't go then surely the organization did. Why not just say it? It makes it look like you don't have his back.

Most are saying he likely still needs surgery in the offseason. Those contract negations gonna be extra spicy and i bet it ends with him either walking away or forcing a trade if they franchise tag him.

They'll probably franchise tag him, no team right now is going to give Lamar his money due to his recent injuries. Lamar should've just signed his deal last year and be done with it.

Reactions: fin8

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
They'll probably franchise tag him, no team right now is going to give Lamar his money due to his recent injuries. Lamar should've just signed his deal last year and be done with it.
oh no, he's still getting paid despite his injury. see: dak prescott

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

Don’t put this on Harbaugh. Every coach would do this. They love keeping opponents guessing to make them prepare for two QBs. He’s not thinking about how fans and media will make wild speculation.

Reactions: fin8

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think the ravens are a bit more confident of their organization that they’re not going to feel beholden to do something they don’t want to do, even if that includes the quarterback. That said, he will be franchised if they can’t get a deal.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The score of last weeks game is…misleading? Baltimore rested key starters, Burrow had a bad game and Baltimore managed to out gain them by a ton? Turnovers killed them. But they played their third string QB, backup RB and sat their best offensive weapon at TE.

I don’t think this is a route. They’ve struggled with Baltimore’s D twice. And the offense they’ll put out this week has upgrades at three key positions over last week

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
The score of last weeks game is…misleading? Baltimore rested key starters, Burrow had a bad game and Baltimore managed to out gain them by a ton? Turnovers killed them. But they played their third string QB, backup RB and sat their best offensive weapon at TE.

I don’t think this is a route. They’ve struggled with Baltimore’s D twice. And the offense they’ll put out this week has upgrades at three key positions over last week
yeah but that doesn't matter when your QB struggles to throw a ball further than 10 yards. brown honestly wasn't bad last week aside from the first two drives where he was picked and the ravens would be better off starting him over huntley, but that's not going to happen. huntley is just flat out terrible

the defense can have a good game but it won't make a difference when the offense can't score

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
There's drama in Baltimore....

Jackson Tweeted specifics about his injury that someone else clearly wrote. Not sure why his camp would do that.

Then Sammy Watkins said this

“In this league, everybody is pretty much banged up, hurt,” veteran wideout Sammy Watkins said Wednesday in a quiet corner of Baltimore’s locker room. “I don’t want to speak for him and his situation and whatever he’s going through with the contracts. I don’t know what world he’s in. But for me, you got a chance to do something special. We all know with Lamar Jackson out there, this team is really freaking good, and special things can happen. He can will this team to a Super Bowl. I don’t think he’s thinking about it that way."

Ravens will get BTFO in this game and it feels like this could possible be the end of Lamar Jackson in Baltimore.

• Haha
Reactions: NJDevs26

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
lol. most ravens fans are completely over all this BS drama surrounding lamar. at this point it's inevitable that he's going to get tagged and if he wants out, then so be it. we've got a playoff game to lose in a few days

watkins should be the last guy talking about injuries though

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
There's drama in Baltimore....

Jackson Tweeted specifics about his injury that someone else clearly wrote. Not sure why his camp would do that.

Then Sammy Watkins said this

“In this league, everybody is pretty much banged up, hurt,” veteran wideout Sammy Watkins said Wednesday in a quiet corner of Baltimore’s locker room. “I don’t want to speak for him and his situation and whatever he’s going through with the contracts. I don’t know what world he’s in. But for me, you got a chance to do something special. We all know with Lamar Jackson out there, this team is really freaking good, and special things can happen. He can will this team to a Super Bowl. I don’t think he’s thinking about it that way."

Ravens will get BTFO in this game and it feels like this could possible be the end of Lamar Jackson in Baltimore.

Lmao Sammy Watkins of all people is implying someone can't handle an injury? Really?

Lamar isn't healthy. He can't play.

Reactions: Terry Yake

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Lmao Sammy Watkins of all people is implying someone can't handle an injury? Really?

Lamar isn't healthy. He can't play.

Yeah and Sammy should know better than to talk about another guys contract situation, suggesting stupid stuff like have Lamar just play on passing downs, Even if Lamar woke up today healthy by a miracle he hasn't practiced once in 6 weeks.

The Bengals should run away with this one, Huntley is pretty much garbage even when healthy and he has a bum throwing shoulder. All that being said, this sets up for an appearance from the Bungles to somehow allow 8 sacks, and the Ravens to return a punt and block a kick for a score and pull off a miracle. I wouldn't bet on it to happen, but these division matchups sometimes lead to strange results

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Yeah and Sammy should know better than to talk about another guys contract situation, suggesting stupid stuff like have Lamar just play on passing downs, Even if Lamar woke up today healthy by a miracle he hasn't practiced once in 6 weeks.
It's just mind boggling.

Lamar is a competitor. He'd play if he could. That I have no doubt.
The Bengals should run away with this one, Huntley is pretty much garbage even when healthy and he has a bum throwing shoulder. All that being said, this sets up for an appearance from the Bungles to somehow allow 8 sacks, and the Ravens to return a punt and block a kick for a score and pull off a miracle. I wouldn't bet on it to happen, but these division matchups sometimes lead to strange results
We are not running away with this one. AFC North playoff games are usually close even if not on paper.

We should win, and if we don't it will be one of the worst playoff chokes we've ever had, but we are not particularly good at blowing teams out even when we should.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
lol. tell me you've never watched the ravens play without lamar without telling me you've never watched the ravens play without lamar

they literally can't score without him

What? You don't think 65 pts in 5 games is getting it done?

Maybe the Bengals will get locked in the lockerroom and have to forfeit

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
What? You don't think 65 pts in 5 games is getting it done?

Maybe the Bengals will get locked in the lockerroom and have to forfeit
i believe i saw that they haven't scored more than 17 pts in a game without lamar

yeah that'd probably be the only chance they have at winning

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad