NFL GDT: 2022 AFC Wild Card Round: (2) Buffalo Bills vs. (7) Miami Dolphins

BUF vs MIA

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Miami really really really really can’t play Tua this season again.

3 head injuries already on one season, just stop the madness

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

Something potentially to watch.

If he does clear protocol i'm not sure i want him playing. Like yeah, it sucks to just punt a playoff game but this team isn't going anywhere even if they beat the Bills. The guy suffered three concussions in like 4 months, one of which put him in the hospital. Give him a full offseason of rest, get him a better helmet, do whatever you need to do. Just don't risk his health.

Let's just say IF Miami does win, there's a really high probability your road to the Super Bowl looks like something like this; Beat the Bills in Buffalo, then travel to KC to play the Chiefs, THEN more than likely have to go to Cincy for the AFC championship game. I can be a homer, but not even i will willingly claim that's somehow a doable stretch. Especially with how red hot the Bengals have been and how...Chief-y the Chiefs have been.

Frankly i'm just happy they got in, even as a token seed if only to stop Stephen Ross from doing something dumb in the offseason.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
If the Dolphins play Tua, they do not care about his health. He’s probably one hit away from wearing a helmet for awhile. They need to let his brain recover.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Anything can happen, perhaps the D shows up strong and we can get Wilson to run the ball more. I feel like multiple times this year, we were running the ball well and decided to move away to the passing game, only the falter. Keep the ball as long as we can, limit Allen's chances, and see what happens. The Bills aren't invincible.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO

Seems like the right call for Tua's long term health, but that takes any intrigue out of this game. Bills are going to cruise.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
If Tua starts I don't see how he finishes because some pearl clutching spotter will put him in the tent.
Mosert will have a big game.. this is closer than some think.. Bills by 6.
I like how somehow anyone could think this way after they not only lied about a back injury on the first concussion…letting him back in the game and starting the next week so he could get his second concussion…BUT THE SPOTTER MISSED THE THIRD CONCUSSION.

This woe is me they’re looking for a reason with Tua…

THEY HAVEN‘T BEEN. THAT’S WHY HE‘S f***ED UP

Reactions: Peat

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Bills.. No excuse not to win this . Tua ain't playing and Mostert is hurt. Stop the run and force Thompson to beat us.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
so now it'll be bills by 10+ instead of by 6

thompson might be the worst QB to start a playoff game in recent memory. the only other ones who come to mind are connor cook vs brock osweiler in 2017

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I like how somehow anyone could think this way after they not only lied about a back injury on the first concussion…letting him back in the game and starting the next week so he could get his second concussion…BUT THE SPOTTER MISSED THE THIRD CONCUSSION.

This woe is me they’re looking for a reason with Tua…

THEY HAVEN‘T BEEN. THAT’S WHY HE‘S f***ED UP
No argument that's why I say if someone gives him the stink eye someone will throw him in the tent.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
I expect this game to be the biggest blowout. Dolphins defense has been much better at home than on the road, and with Tua being concussed I don't think whether he played or not would change things in the grand scheme of things. Would've been awfully negligent to play him in light of all his concussions this season. I get how much it sucks to punt a playoff game, but it was the right move.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
As a longtime Bills fan, I'm not burying the Dolphins just yet. I've seen too much to just give us the automatic W.

The reason why I don't think this will be the biggest blowout of the weekend is because the Dolphins still have Hill and Waddle and the RBs are decent. I don't know who Baltimore has when that entire team has gone through the run game (specifically Lamar) for the last few years.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
The reason why I don't think this will be the biggest blowout of the weekend is because the Dolphins still have Hill and Waddle and the RBs are decent. I don't know who Baltimore has when that entire team has gone through the run game (specifically Lamar) for the last few years.
Mostert has a badly broken thumb or finger & the OL is a complete mess right now, loaded with injured players. 62-7 is much more likely than a Dolphins win.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I'm not saying it's going to be a close game. I'm just saying Miami still has weapons to make it not be embarrassing for a while.
they put up like 9 vs the jets last week with getting the ball alot when the jets went 3 and out ever drive so they had loads of TOP. Miami stinks in cold weather..like 0-8

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I think the Cincey game will be the big blow out but this game might be the second. Buffalo will have this game over by the 4th quarter.
This game, to me, is far less close.

Miami winning this game would be one of the greatest upsets in NFL playoff history. Literally everything is coming up Bills for this one. Everything.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, AFC North games aren't played on paper. I will not be in the least surprised if Baltimore keeps it to within 7 somehow, and I don't think Miami can keep this within 14.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad