NFL GDT: 2022 AFC Divisional Round: (1) Kansas City Chiefs vs (4) Jacksonville Jaguars

KC vs JAX

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
i think i can confidently say that if the jags turn the ball over 5 times against the chiefs they wont win

its a tough matchup for jacksonville either way though. i think this game may end similarly to the regular season game

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
i think i can confidently say that if the jags turn the ball over 5 times against the chiefs they wont win
That's my thing too. Jags comeback was a great story, but the Chargers also gave them a good part of that game, and I don't see the Chiefs doing the same.

I'm cheering for the Jags (I like the Chiefs but want a new SB winner this year), but I think this is where the clock strikes midnight on the Duval Cinderella run.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
If this was last year's Chiefs i would give them a chance. Mahomes wasn't unbeatable and routinely played too much hero ball. This year's Mahomes is scarily locked in. It's almost like getting rid of Tyreek forced him to like, make reads and scan the field again instead of just relying on his stupidly gifted physical attributes.

Jacksonville's best hope is Lawrence shook off all the nerves/butterflies from being in the playoff in that Chargers game. I'd normally say putting a guy as young as Lawrence in the position where he has to match Mahomes pass for pass isn't a good idea, but the former has proven he's pretty god damn clutch already.

Game stays close through the first three quarters and then KC pulls away in the fourth. 34-21 Chiefs.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Everything is sadly lining up for Chiefs Super Bowl

Think it’s year too early for Jags.
Chiefs defense has struggled so there’s their chance

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

its a tough matchup for jacksonville either way though. i think this game may end similarly to the regular season game

Chiefs could probably turn it over 5 times to them and still win

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
These playoffs have been wild so far. Get the feeling this ends up being a close game somehow. I’ll be rooting hard for the Jags.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Chiefs could probably turn it over 5 times to them and still win
They nearly did in the first matchup (3 turnovers + the Jags recovering an opening onside kick). I don't think the Chiefs can get away with that level of sloppiness again - they added a missed PAT for good measure - but I do think they will be able to move the ball with some ease against the Jags again and put up points. The defense has been rounding into form a bit, particularly from a pass rush perspective, as long as the offense can avoid the dumb mistakes they should be able to beat Jacksonville.

One thing I hope to see is Reid match Pederson's aggressiveness. Andy has this infuriating tendency to get conservative in all the wrong ways. The amount of times he takes Mahomes and the offense off the field on a 4th and short in opponent's territory is maddening, particularly with the shambolic special teams they're running out there this year. You know Pederson's going to go for it, so can't take your foot off the gas.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
I think this will be closer than people think. Trevor Lawrence is starting to look like the player the Jags expected to draft. Jags are probably pretty fearless right now. Wouldn't shock me if we see a repeat of last week where the Chiefs go up big and the Jags claw it back to a nervy finish.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
About to head to the tailgate. Nothin like playoff football at Arrowhead - go Chiefs!

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
FB_IMG_1674320983586.jpg

Reactions: Hall of Faber

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad