NFL GDT: 2022 AFC Championship Game: (1) Kansas City Chiefs vs (3) Cincinnati Bengals

KC vs CIN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
What makes Kelce a beast is he's athletic but also almost always makes the right read. So he's hard to cover man-to-man and tough to manage in zone. Pratt, Bates and Bell are athletic enough but that's not always enough. Anarumo is sharp dude though.

On the topic of Mahomes' injury - is it possible this is the kind of thing the loosens up as he moves on it? I always read that this injury is about pain tolerance but he's so good on the move I wonder about forcing him to do it and then paying for it later.

On the other side of the ball, it's cliche but I feel like if Bengals can run when they want to and convert third downs they should be fine. If I was a fan I'd be looking at that 27 points they scored last week and thinking if they get there again I'm feeling pretty good, even though it's the Chiefs.

Did I see the weather is going to be iffy?
There was snow in the forecast here in KC but now it just seems like it's going to be pretty cold, currently looking to be about 15 degrees around kickoff). It's very simple on defense for the Chiefs, they need to tackle first and foremost and they need Chris Jones to be the DPOY nominee he has been throughout the year. I trust Reid and Co. to come up with a game plan that makes sense based off what Mahomes is able to do and the fact the Bengals DC always has a wrinkle for them. If the defense can't pressure or tackle the rest doesn't really matter.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Only stretches and jogging but Mahomes seems to be moving around normally based off everything coming out of practice today. Obviously a lot remains to be seen and actual game action is the biggest test, but that's better than I was expecting midway through the week.

Edit - Mahomes was a full participant today

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Only stretches and jogging but Mahomes seems to be moving around normally based off everything coming out of practice today. Obviously a lot remains to be seen and actual game action is the biggest test, but that's better than I was expecting midway through the week.

Edit - Mahomes was a full participant today

If there’s a real high ankle sprain he can’t be 100% in one week.
Especially after playing with it and making it worse

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
If there’s a real high ankle sprain he can’t be 100% in one week.
Especially after playing with it and making it worse
I’m sure he isn’t 100%. Given how bad it looked Saturday, the fact he’s moving around without a limp and taking all the reps at practice is more than I was expecting on Wednesday.

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
There was snow in the forecast here in KC but now it just seems like it's going to be pretty cold, currently looking to be about 15 degrees around kickoff). It's very simple on defense for the Chiefs, they need to tackle first and foremost and they need Chris Jones to be the DPOY nominee he has been throughout the year. I trust Reid and Co. to come up with a game plan that makes sense based off what Mahomes is able to do and the fact the Bengals DC always has a wrinkle for them. If the defense can't pressure or tackle the rest doesn't really matter.
If it snows, are the Bengals going to be allowed to wear white? lol

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Wasn't that long ago we had Brees, P Manning, Rodgers, Brady and others.
Brees, Ben, Brady, Rodgers, Peyton, Russ with Seattle, Rivers, and even Eli.

More than half are out of the nfl. Brady and Rodgers are getting old and Russ got served humble pie thinking more about individual awards than team success.

Reactions: Voight

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Picking the Chiefs even though I want Cincy to win this game.

I think this is where their OL injuries come back to bite them.
It’s a good point because the Chiefs pass rush is decidedly better.

Chiefs back to -1.5

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
Top 2 QBs in the NFL battle it out. What’s not to like about this one?! I don’t care who wins. Should be an entertaining game to watch.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
I say this as someone not only cheering for the Bengals this game but for them to win it all of the final 4 teams left: people are treating this game too much as a foregone conclusion that Burrow will remain undefeated against Mahomes. I think the Bengals are the better team, but even with the better team winning at Arrowhead against Mahomes is at best a tossup. Hopefully it will be a repeat of last year with the Bengals beating the Chiefs at home in the regular season followed by on the road in the playoffs.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Top 2 QBs in the NFL battle it out. What’s not to like about this one?! I don’t care who wins. Should be an entertaining game to watch.
Hoping for a close game throughout. And that Mahomes can manage to play the whole game.

Reactions: fin8

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I have no faith in Mahomes being healthy for this, so I think the Bengals will win this with a reasonably comfortable margin.

I'll say 27-17 Bengals.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes