NFL GDT: 2022 AFC Championship Game: (1) Kansas City Chiefs vs (3) Cincinnati Bengals

KC vs CIN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Weirdest part of the fallout is the “don’t you ever disrespect Arrowhead” stuff. It’s a stadium!

Reminds me of the Celtics players/media/fans raging because of the disrespect shown towards Lucky the leprechaun. That creepy little logo they have.

Just chill out.

Reactions: PeteWorrell

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I thought I'd be disappointed if we lost.

I was wrong. This wasn't just disappointing. To lose to this team, in this way, given these hopes and expectations...was soul-crushing. I would have infinitely rather lost to Buffalo last week, or have had the Chiefs blow us out. This was far, far worse. Few, if any, losses have bothered adult me like this does.

I know this doesn't mean anything, but I've been going through some shit in my personal life and it was nice to have a little something to look forward to on Sundays. I'll have to find something else to distract me and it won't be the same.

Thanks for chatting with me during the season everyone. I probably won't be around much if at all until September (with the exception of the draft) but I'll see you all in September.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
End of the day the bengals can control what they can control. Coming out of the 2 minute warning on second down they threw a pass to the TE for like 6/7 yard to make it 3rd and 2. But the TE went out of bounds and given how deep they were with KC without anymore TO Nantes and Romo were commenting ohhh you don’t want to go out of bounds there. Especially out of the 2 minute stoppage. Bengals convert the 3rd down before picking up the pace. But if the TE stays in bounds.m and anywhere from 15-20 seconds comes off how does that change what the Chiefs do on their final series as that run play by Mahomes started with like 15/16 seconds on the clock? At that point in the field they’d likely go hail mary from midfield if there are just a couple of seconds to go as their only option.

That sequence was in the first half, not the second. There really wasn't anything Cinci should have done differently in regards to the clock on their final possession.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Why is no one talking about the biggest controversy? The commentators are completely unbearable in football. Damn, I thought hockey was bad. Those guys never shut up and just call the plays. Like ever. I listened for about 10 minutes before muting. I pray for the day sports networks simulcast games with no commentators but still have the ambient sound.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Why is no one talking about the biggest controversy? The commentators are completely unbearable in football. Damn, I thought hockey was bad. Those guys never shut up and just call the plays. Like ever. I listened for about 10 minutes before muting. I pray for the day sports networks simulcast games with no commentators but still have the ambient sound.
It's not a controversy but it's true that the announcers for this games (and many games) suck. I posted a few times about it in this thread during and just after the game.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
The luster on Romo has certainly worn off for me the past year or so. I thought he was pretty good out the gates, I don't know if it's just because he and Nantz do a lot of Chiefs games, but he's gotten on my nerves more and more the past season +. I thought he was particularly rough on Sunday night. Nantz is fine, he's like Buck for me - doesn't add much but isn't an active annoyance.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The luster on Romo has certainly worn off for me the past year or so. I thought he was pretty good out the gates, I don't know if it's just because he and Nantz do a lot of Chiefs games, but he's gotten on my nerves more and more the past season +. I thought he was particularly rough on Sunday night. Nantz is fine, he's like Buck for me - doesn't add much but isn't an active annoyance.
Romo definitely rejuvenated Nantz and still does. It's still a looser booth because of Romo and that's a good thing regardless of the quality of his analysis.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Early on Romo was getting attention for predicting plays, and these worked as interesting teaching moments. But now that he's out of the league a bit and clearly also does very little prep for games, he's lost that trick.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Romo definitely rejuvenated Nantz and still does. It's still a looser booth because of Romo and that's a good thing regardless of the quality of his analysis.
It's better than Phil Simms up there for sure, I'll give you that. I think Romo is mostly fine, but he seemed to be providing more with saying less early on. Now it seems the opposite.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site

The replay of the 3rd down? Seems cut and dried to me. One ref was blowing the play dead but didn't get heard before the ball was snapped.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00