Prospect Info: [2022 - 26th] Filip Mesar (OHL - Kitchener Rangers)

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
don't go into the draft and pick for need though. Pick BPA no matter the position.
Yeah I get it but wingers don't really retain value. They're like walking off the lot with a new car. I guess long term Caufield is the only RW we have.

Reactions: viceroy

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
The good thing with Mesar is that he plays the game at a very high pace, he skates really well, and he's very competitive. Why I say the pick is a bit speculative is because we don't really know what his offence will be in the NHL yet. It could be quite high, but we'll see. My comparison for him is Nils Höglander.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
The Athletic:

He's one of the better skaters in this draft, with the ability to burn up the neutral zone to create clean entries with speed. He has good skill and playmaking ability, and shows he can make tough plays with the puck with pace. Mesar lacks size at 5-foot-10 and isn't an overly physical player. His compete is good enough for me but probably not where you want for an undersized player. I think with his speed, skill and scoring ability he can carve out a career as a top-nine winger, though.

Reactions: Boris Le Tigre

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
The good thing with Mesar is that he plays the game at a very high pace, he skates really well, and he's very competitive. Why I say the pick is a bit speculative is because we don't really know what his offence will be in the NHL yet. It could be quite high, but we'll see. My comparison for him is Nils Höglander.
Purely based on my readings it felt like he was this years Jan Mysak, European who had success in their respective Men's league. Both a bit on the smaller side with Mysak being more defensively responsible and Mesar being a better skater. Does that sound far off?

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Purely based on my readings it felt like he was this years Jan Mysak, European who had success in their respective Men's league. Both a bit on the smaller side with Mysak being more defensively responsible and Mesar being a better skater. Does that sound far off?

Pretty different players to my eye. He really does remind me a lot of Nils Höglander, both upside and downside.

Reactions: Yoshidas Island

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Hughes continues to make decisions very aligned with his stated direction...

And gotta love bringing in 2 national team teammates with a long history together. Ppl underestimate the impact that familiarity like that can have on a young player... Especially a foreigner.

Also like swinging for a high skill ceiling player with this pick.

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
B0A58A64-BD3E-4BD7-8FC0-0B2D2D7D4D03.jpeg

crazyd74

Jun 24, 2018
The Athletic:

He's one of the better skaters in this draft, with the ability to burn up the neutral zone to create clean entries with speed. He has good skill and playmaking ability, and shows he can make tough plays with the puck with pace. Mesar lacks size at 5-foot-10 and isn't an overly physical player. His compete is good enough for me but probably not where you want for an undersized player. I think with his speed, skill and scoring ability he can carve out a career as a top-nine winger, though.
A top 9!? This is a first rounder, you should be swinging for top 6 at least.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I really like the pick but wonded about lambert, kulich, and firkus. But damn was I hoping yurov would fall just a bit more. Tho it does seem like the anti Russian rumors were true...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad