Prospect Info: [2022 - 26th] Filip Mesar (OHL - Kitchener Rangers)

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
The 2022 NHL Draft might be the best draft ever for the country of Slovakia. The third Slovakian in our draft rankings, Filip Mesar was the top centre on the Slovakian team that won a silver medal at last summer’s Hlinka-Gretzky Cup. He scored two goals and six assists for eight points in five tournament games. He also made the Slovakian team for the World Juniors, but the tournament was postponed to August due to a COVID-19 outbreak. Unfortunately, Mesar did not get to play at this spring’s Under-18 World Championships as Slovakia had previously been relegated from the top division. He did play for the Slovakian Men’s team, appearing in three games at the Deutschland Cup.

Mesar played his club hockey for HK Poprad in the Slovakian Extraliga. Playing against men, he put up eight goals and eight assists for 16 points in 37 games this season. He also added three goals and an assist for four points in six playoff games. Mesar also appeared in three games for the club in the Continental Cup Tournament. His cousin Maros is also in the Poprad system.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Kinda strange to go into the draft with wing as the strongest position and draft two of them. I guess they don't see upside to the D and centres in this draft.

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
“One of the more difficult players to evaluate this past season. One minute you think he’s top 15, the next minute you think he can’t hit top 32. He’s going to play though.” - HP Scout, Brad Allen

“I like the kid a lot but I haven’t seen him much to be honest. I might watch a bit of video on him to catch up before the 2nd half.” - NHL Scout, January 2022

“Creative player…good passer. He brings some stuff to the table for sure. Easily a first rounder.” - NHL Scout, January 2022

“In his best games he is one of the best players in this draft but when he’s not on his game he brings very little and barely look like a draft.” - NHL Scout, January 2022

“I like him but I see a middle six forward at best. I think more likely a winger but I won’t rule out playing down the middle because he has flashes of brilliance.” - NHL Scout

“Possible injuries concern me a bit based on his size, but he is way better than where I see him on some internet rankings. He’s a top 15 talent in my opinion.” - NHL Scout, April 2022

“I was struggling with him versus Howard on my list a few months ago but now I have him easily ahead of Howard.” - NHL Scout, May 2022

“We had some conversations in our meetings comparing parts of his game to Howard’s game. I thought it was interesting because a few NHL scouts talked to me about Howard compared to Mesar this year as well.” - HP Scout, Mark Edwards, June 2022

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad