GDT: 2022-23 Western Conference Quarter-Finals game 3 LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm (Series tied 1-1) 4/21/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I finally saw a video and angle that looks pretty definitive that the puck touched the stick when it is zoomed in to the max. In the end, if you need the Hubble Space Telescope to see the tiniest little touch of the stick then it likely isn't going to be conclusive enough to overturn a playoff goal like that.

The Oilers can blame whoever they want, but they have one of the best offenses and powerplays in NHL history and all they do with it is be little cheapshot artists and hack and slash everyone to goad them into taking penalties so they can all pray to the altar of McJesus to score for them. They can't hang with most teams this postseason 5 on 5 and they don't have the defense and goaltending capable of winning it all if their offense isn't always in supernova mode.

They are literally just mad that all the cheap shit they've done all season long doesn't work when refs start calling it. Crysaitle was right when he said the Oilers needed more maturity, and it starts and begins with him. He is the king of just hacking ankles after whistles for no f***ing reason. There is no reason to risk any cheap shit after the whistle. Especially when you've just scored a goal. He's done that forever, did it every game last playoffs, and just expects to get away with it or draw a retaliation penalty. I am really glad that the refs are calling all the cheap shit and keeping things somewhat strict.

thats the thing, they have to have complete conclusive evidence it hit his stick to overturn the goal. Then the second part, did valardi touch it when it hit the ice or ekholm. TSN broke it down real good, they said they were looking at two things during the review, it was inconclusive on both .

My question is, how far does this go to be able to still be reviewed? If the oilers get control and score, can the kings do the same thing or if the oilers clear it down the ice, then the kings score on the next rush, can they call a review as well. I had no idea they could even look at that, especially with the amount of time that went by.

Reactions: deaderhead28

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
The game is just so much better now than it was in years past.

Go back and look at how many 1-0 games there were in the playoffs during the dead puck era, it was an awful product.

Reactions: kilowatt

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
No one is a harsher critic of MacEwen than me since they traded my fav player for him but the Kings played much bigger with him in the line up.

He was running Nurse all night - I would say all of his 3-4 hits were on Nurse and challenged Kane after the Doughty hit. Sometimes a player is contributing in ways you can’t always see.

The Kings had some swagger this game. Rob Blake really needs to land a 4th line tough guy who can play bc the team really steps up when they have that presence. They were bullied the first two games and no one named Lias Andersson or Turcotte is only going to help in that area.

As much as I like Lizotte off the ice, met him he’s a nice guy, the team looks better and bigger without him. I hate him on the 3rd line.

Kane backed right down too.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
There are moderators that think the league is out to screw Edmonton. Comedy. I’m sure I’ll get banned by some prepubescent twat for saying as much. It’s been nice knowing you all.

Go Kings.
It takes a LOT to get banned here.

I'm still waiting for my turn.

Reactions: Bandit

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Grundstrom - Kupari - Simmonds will be our 4th line next year.

Colorado+Avalanche+v+Los+Angeles+Kings+G0DgFwIzBJcx.jpg

Have you seen him skate? Retired Shaq is faster down the ice.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
The main board thread is the most unintentionally funny shit. Oilers sycophants are saying McDavid processes stuff on the ice better than anyone else, and that's how he knew the puck was knocked down with a high stick.

Too bad he failed to sense the ref wasn't blowing the whistle ☹️

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
The main board thread is the most unintentionally funny shit. Oilers sycophants are saying McDavid processes stuff on the ice better than anyone else, and that's how he knew the puck was knocked down with a high stick.

Too bad he failed to sense the ref wasn't blowing the whistle ☹️
Or that Iafallo was going to the net to score while he was heading to the locker room for a massage.

Reactions: Kudelski37

Kings Rule

Apr 6, 2008
I finally saw a video and angle that looks pretty definitive that the puck touched the stick when it is zoomed in to the max. In the end, if you need the Hubble Space Telescope to see the tiniest little touch of the stick then it likely isn't going to be conclusive enough to overturn a playoff goal like that.

The Oilers can blame whoever they want, but they have one of the best offenses and powerplays in NHL history and all they do with it is be little cheapshot artists and hack and slash everyone to goad them into taking penalties so they can all pray to the altar of McJesus to score for them. They can't hang with most teams this postseason 5 on 5 and they don't have the defense and goaltending capable of winning it all if their offense isn't always in supernova mode.

They are literally just mad that all the cheap shit they've done all season long doesn't work when refs start calling it. Crysaitle was right when he said the Oilers needed more maturity, and it starts and begins with him. He is the king of just hacking ankles after whistles for no f***ing reason. There is no reason to risk any cheap shit after the whistle. Especially when you've just scored a goal. He's done that forever, did it every game last playoffs, and just expects to get away with it or draw a retaliation penalty. I am really glad that the refs are calling all the cheap shit and keeping things somewhat strict.

Great analysis . It’s also the best view I’ve seen of the possible touching of the puck by the stick. The puck spinning appears to be slowing slightly even before it possibly touches the stick. Maybe it hit a pocket of colder air or a stream of air lol. It’s not conclusive evidence though. For that you would need an angle that actually shows the two touching, which this doesn’t show and which doesn’t exist.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Hockey fans have a difficult time grasping the concept that players get old. Some people think 2011 Simmonds would walk back in the door.

Yeah, even when the Leafs get puched around in games, their fans are "just don't play Simmonds". Time has not been kind to him.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Down goes brown with the best take on the whole thing

Also I love the schadenfreude of the Oilers fans watching McDavid quit on the play after the beating they gave Durzi for him doing the same last year

I'm not sure I've ever seen a team so rattled, Woodcroft and the leadership are all-in on the conspiracy theory instead of taking responsiblity for their play at all while the Kings are just chugging along resiliently, I'm starting to believe.

Paraphrasing Justin Williams, puck luck is loser talk. If you're looking for someone else to come save you/bail you out, you're done. The coach doing that is a complete failure and I'd be PISSED if it was our coach doing that.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA

I don’t even think this play should be reviewable. The whole offsides video review is bad enough. It was originally put in to catch the obvious missed call. A maybe high stick during a play that precedes a goal by like 10 seconds? Imagine if they reversed the goal. Totally messes with the flow of the game. More stuff like this would make hockey less entertaining to watch.

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
Don't even talk about Woodcroft. He looks like that kid in middle/high school that would run his mouth and you'd eventually smack him back to reality. "I'll take the word from the best player in the world over the ref's". Shut up. The right choice of words should be been along the lines of "we played well but couldn't get the job done 5 on 5". Sure, throw in something like "kings caught a lucky break" I don't care. It was 2 minutes into game 1 and he already pissed me off when he called a brunch with the refs arguing why it wasn't legal to score after bulldozing the goalie into the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad