GDT: 2022-23 Western Conference Quarter-Finals game 3 LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm (Series tied 1-1) 4/21/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I don’t even think this play should be reviewable. The whole offsides video review is bad enough. It was originally put in to catch the obvious missed call. A maybe high stick during a play that precedes a goal by like 10 seconds? Imagine if they reversed the goal. Totally messes with the flow of the game. More stuff like this would make hockey less entertaining to watch.

I didn't even know that's reviewable. I swear, Mcdavid got them to look at it, no linesmen or refs even cared. He threw his arm up, after the puck came down and was on the ice. He was the only one to do it.

Reactions: deaderhead28

Brownie to Pancakes

Jul 1, 2012
CA
My question is, how far does this go to be able to still be reviewed? If the oilers get control and score, can the kings do the same thing or if the oilers clear it down the ice, then the kings score on the next rush, can they call a review as well. I had no idea they could even look at that, especially with the amount of time that went by.

Usually these offensive zone toss-ups are washed out as soon as the puck leaves the zone. That's how it works for questionable offsides.

Reactions: kingsfan28

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
12? Not 14?
lol...it the ne math. JK...early am brainfart

I don’t even think this play should be reviewable. The whole offsides video review is bad enough. It was originally put in to catch the obvious missed call. A maybe high stick during a play that precedes a goal by like 10 seconds? Imagine if they reversed the goal. Totally messes with the flow of the game. More stuff like this would make hockey less entertaining to watch.
this for sure- its silly oiler fan butt hurt over minutia...one thing for blatant offside, hitting the netting like happened to us against DET, goalie interference etc that specifically impact the goal. But this is so trivial...one King fan on FB said "oilers are reviewing the clip so much youd think it was the Zapruder film."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad