GDT: 2022-23 Western Conference Quarter-Finals game 1 LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm 4/17/23 MOD Warning post #596

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkolice

May 26, 2014
Ljubljana, Slovenia
thug life.

Attachments

• drew going for another stanley cup.png
    drew going for another stanley cup.png
    500.8 KB · Views: 3

The Gabe Blade

Jul 9, 2004
Byfield did a bad job boxing out Kane on Edmonton's 3rd goal, forcing Mikey to leave the backdoor to put a body in between Kane and Korpi. Luckily Korpi stopped Draisaitl's first shot, but now there's two players on Kane and all other Kings puck watching with Draisaitl all alone for the rebound.

I think he was also responsible for not tying up Yamamoto in front of the net. Luckily his shot hit Kane's skate and deflected, but it did seem like he was struggling in that area.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Last thing, that beer can was so close to hitting Kopitar.. it was definitely aimed at him. Luckily it missed him. That could have caused an injury depending on the velocity.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Last thing, that beer can was so close to hitting Kopitar.. it was definitely aimed at him. Luckily it missed him. That could have caused an injury depending on the velocity.

I don’t understand the whole universal change sport arena’s went to for using cans now. It seems an obvious dumb move - giving drunk mad fans something hard to throw. Bizarre. What was wrong with having kegs and getting a plastic cup?!?!?

Sure it’s easier to not spill a can. But the potential negatives are bad.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I don’t understand the whole universal change sport arena’s went to for using cans now. It seems an obvious dumb move - giving drunk mad fans something hard to throw. Bizarre. What was wrong with having kegs and getting a plastic cup?!?!?

Sure it’s easier to not spill a can. But the potential negatives are bad.

Advertising. You look in the stands and see 10k tipping back blue Bud light cans. Clear plastic cups are just that, even with Bud on them, not as visual.

Reactions: Schrute farms

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Woodcroft said this in his post game. Way to feed the delusionality of your players and fan base. I mean did he not watch the replay we all saw. Lizotte did not step on the broken stick and the Oilers player went right underneath Lizotte's skates as he lost his balance. Pure coincidence. These guys are a bunch of clowns and grown ass men throwing their shitty overpriced beers on the ice is just the icing on the cake.

yeah, that was pretty sad. The guy who had the best view was the ref who had a direct view, not some side camera angle. He could see the stick make contact and hear it. It was the right call, and they can't deal with it.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
It feels so good being a fan of the team that the NHL has rigged this series for. This is the least stress I've felt in decades, I am considering writing Bettman a thank you note.
My biggest question is how long is the fix rigged for? Would be nice to know.

And if it IS rigged, why didn't the NHL rig it better last year when the exact same two teams played each other?

bland

Jul 1, 2004
My biggest question is how long is the fix rigged for? Would be nice to know.

And if it IS rigged, why didn't the NHL rig it better last year when the exact same two teams played each other?
They can only do so much to help, otherwise it would be obvious.

Ssshhhh.

Reactions: King'sPawn

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Edler is a good soldier but he was lucky more than he was good. He stepped up and made some good defensive stops, but his foot speed was exposed all night and the unforced errors were far too many. Any other game and those end up in the back of the net instead of the bounces vs. the Kopitar line. Can't just ignore those, that's the stuff that burns you vs. McDavid. BUT--he didnt try to play beyond his means this year like he did last year.
You could say the exact same thing about every Kings defenseman last night. All 6 of them struggled retrieving dump ins behind them, Anderson was the worst of the lot against their pressure.

If your third pairing can play a lot of minutes against McDavid and Draisaitl without allowing a single goal at even strength, you have absolutely nothing to complain about.

And I would sit JAD and roll with 7 defensemen tomorrow if Vilardi can't go.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
You could say the exact same thing about every Kings defenseman last night. All 6 of them struggled retrieving dump ins behind them, Anderson was the worst of the lot against their pressure.

If your third pairing can play a lot of minutes against McDavid and Draisaitl without allowing a single goal at even strength, you have absolutely nothing to complain about.

And I would sit JAD and roll with 7 defensemen tomorrow if Vilardi can't go.

Last night? They got lucky they didn't get burned. I guess that applies on some level to everyone, but if I'm looking to people that need to improve, yeah, this is problematic:

1681857547985.png

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Last night? They got lucky they didn't get burned. I guess that applies on some level to everyone, but if I'm looking to people that need to improve, yeah, this is problematic:

View attachment 691146

If Doughty and Anderson play up to their standard and you get the exact same play from Edler and Durzi, the Kings will win a short series.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com

Thats f-in bullshit.. that should an assault charge

bland

Jul 1, 2004
are there splits between period? Love to see what our dmen did each period if they got better as the game went along.

The defensemen as a group were all under fire last night, the Kings had a very difficult time beating their speed to the dump ins in the corners. And the breakouts were a mess for the first 35 minutes or so, nobody could complete a pass - just a bunch of hope plays where pucks were being chucked in the general direction of a teammate. I wouldn't expect anyone to have good fancy numbers. Arvidsson was strong on controlled entries but rarely had a clean passing option once he got to the top of the circles.

Kings sure seemed comfortable letting the Oilers get as many low percentage chances as they could attempt while packing the middle. The numbers just don't mean anything here, you have to be willing to give up something to a team with that speed. They all deserve to be praised for keeping the high danger chances to a bare minimum even if they allowed far more low danger chances than you might usually see them give up. Edmonton could cycle at will, but the points of contention really weren't all that bad.

LadyKing17

Apr 4, 2011
Santa Clarita
It's been a minute and a half since I posted anything last, but I had to because I'm cackling at how the guy in the top left (blanking on his name) of this game-tying goal celly looks like he's either a) not-so-low-key an Oilers fan AND/OR b) realized he now has to work overtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad