2022-23 UEFA Champions League Draw

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Like Slavia a few years back, Plzen get the monster group, though Slavia did themselves well that time, not sure Plzen is as good

Reactions: gary69

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Group AGroup BGroup CGroup DGroup EGroup FGroup GGroup H
AjaxPortoBayern MunichEintracht FrankfurtAC MilanReal MadridManchester CityPSG
LiverpoolAtletico MadridBarcelonaTottenhamChelseaRB LeipzigSevillaJuventus
NapoliBayer LeverkusenInter MilanSporting LisbonRB SalzburgShakhtar DonetskBorussia DortmundBenfica
RangersClub BruggeViktoria PlzenMarseilleDinamo ZagrebCelticFC KobenhavnMaccabi Haifa

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Do the rules of the draw ensure that, lets say there are 4 clubs from a country, 2 of them end up in groups A-D and then the other 2 in groups E-H? Some of the groups that certain clubs couldn't be drawn into didn't make sense to me.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You must be pretty happy for Marseille draw (I know you don't like them),
I don't like them but I always support them in Europe. And there are many likeables on their team including their president.

Not bad for OM who has a decent chance in a somewhat close group. Spurs should go through but the second place is up for grabs.

PSG with a decent group. Benfica is clearly not a weak pot 3 team but Juve is not the hardest pot 2 group and Maccabi is doable.

PSG needs to win this group and they should. OM has a decent chance.

Real with a joke of a group given Shakthar's situation.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Do the rules of the draw ensure that, lets say there are 4 clubs from a country, 2 of them end up in groups A-D and then the other 2 in groups E-H? Some of the groups that certain clubs couldn't be drawn into didn't make sense to me.

Yes, UEFA does this for TV reasons. The obvious example is Real Madrid and Barca will always be on opposite ‘side’ of draw so they don’t play the same day. For England it was Liverpool-City and Spurs-Chelsea couldn’t be drawn in the same half

Reactions: gary69

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there

Yes, there were teams paired (like Chelsea and Tottenham) so they had to be on the different side of the draw (A-D and E-H). This is done because of e.g broadcast deals and security, so these teams from same country will play on different weekdays (Tue vs Wed).

You can find all the draw rules from UEFA's website.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I don't like them but I always support them in Europe. And there are many likeables on their team including their president.
Is your distaste for them based on the fans? Just curious because I heard from a couple of people while in France that they do not like Marseille.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
My dislike stems from the corruption first.
And their fans crying about every decision with conspiracy theories while boasting their CL win as the ultimate proof they're better than everyone.
There is no doubt however their atmosphere is amazing in the stadium. And when they go abroad same thing you can only hear them. Die hard fans. And obviously not all are dumbasses.

Reactions: robertmac43

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool have never played Rangers in a competitive fixture.
They have not played Ajax since 1966 either!

Napoli is a lousy draw. Just played them not too long ago and was the second best team in Pot 3 to Inter. Napoli will win the group. Hard to complain about the rest though. Hope the games vs Rangers are fun. Too bad Gerrard isn’t still managing them. That would have been a spectacle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad