Speculation: 2022-23 Sharks Roster Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reggae Shark

Sep 30, 2018
Neutral fan here. Would love to get some shark fans opinions on E.K. Do you feel his production will increase with burns now gone? Thanks in advanced

Yes EK's production will increase now that he plays with C'McD and his socials show him in a happy phase with his new family. That could change by new years though. I don't think it has anything to do with Burns though.

Unless you were speaking of EK65....... He sucks, who cares.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Whether or not Karlsson scores more points there’s no doubt he will continue to be the same horrendous defensive liability he has always been.

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
IMG_20220826_072428.jpg

Don't know why it was not announced but the Sharks had an outdoor practice today.

Last edited:

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada

How can Alina be so good when her brother is so bad

I remember Mirco's first goal. He gets an east-west pass right inside of the blue line and glides in with some separation from any opposing forwards. He rips a beautiful slapshot with impeccable form for the goal. It was at that moment that I knew, I knew he was going to be something. Doh!

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I remember Mirco's first goal. He gets an east-west pass right inside of the blue line and glides in with some separation from any opposing forwards. He rips a beautiful slapshot with impeccable form for the goal. It was at that moment that I knew, I knew he was going to be something. Doh!
I thought he could be something when he chased down Gaborik but nope

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Sheng is pounding the table over the fact that Meier hasn't (yet) been signed to an extension.

Perhaps he should also be concerned that of the SEVEN goalies the Sharks have under contract for this season, as of today, only ONE is signed for next season. (3 RFA and 3 UFA goalies)

Reactions: Sandisfan

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Sheng is pounding the table over the fact that Meier hasn't (yet) been signed to an extension.

Perhaps he should also be concerned that of the SEVEN goalies the Sharks have under contract for this season, as of today, only ONE is signed for next season. (3 RFA and 3 UFA goalies)
Except Meier is young and is the Sharks' best player + only true top-line level player while the goalies are all mediocre to above average...I think Sheng has his priorities in the right order lol

Reactions: timorous me

sharski

Jun 4, 2012

Except Meier is young and is the Sharks' best player + only true top-line level player while the goalies are all mediocre to above average...I think Sheng has his priorities in the right order lol
GMMG: *trades Timo for Jacob Markström*
GMMG: "Problems = solved"

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan and DG93

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
It's hyperbolic to say Hill, Dell, Mann, Emond and Makiniemi stink? I'll admit Mann and Makiniemi have some upside but none of those five are NHL goaltenders right now.
This isn't the early 2000s anymore, the Sharks don't have their own Strelow again unless they somehow poach Mitch Korn.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
It's hyperbolic to say Hill, Dell, Mann, Emond and Makiniemi stink? I'll admit Mann and Makiniemi have some upside but none of those five are NHL goaltenders right now.
It's fair enough to consign Dell and Emond to the trash heap.

But in addition to the two you mentioned, Hill still has potential.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021

I don't see it with Hill. He was one of the worst goalies in the league last season and seems to struggle with basic aspects of the position like tracking the puck. He's just big.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

Hill is 26, he is running out of time for people to use potential for, this will also be his 6th season and 5th full season on an nhl roster. If he does not do anything this season then he will be out of the nhl and into the european leagues very shortly.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Whether or not Karlsson scores more points there’s no doubt he will continue to be the same horrendous defensive liability he has always been.

Ottawa ran their whole offence and game through EK. I have always wondered if EK stayed with Ottawa would he still be a top guy in the league? I don’t think San Jose was a good fit for him. If you guys run your whole game through him maybe he can get his confidence and mojo back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad