• Wild Card

Votes: 30 24.6%
  • Miss playoffs

Votes: 10 8.2%

• Total voters

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I can’t even compute how much money was paid for Kopitar/Fiala/ Kempe to suck that much shit through a garden hose.
Kopitar looks slow and disinterested. He should be getting third line duties. Run byfield and danault in the top 2

Reactions: Kurrilino

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
The pressbox is more of a decisions helper for him to ask to play somewhere else.
I am well aware that don't get the 10 Mill back directly.
lol, ok dude. Make sure you hit the ‘X’ button to make that transaction.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Technically, Kopitar is tied for second highest salary this year. He and Doughty both are making less than Fiala.

Edit: Kopi’s third. Behind Drew and Kevs.

Last edited:
Reactions: lumbergh

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Kopitar looks slow and disinterested. He should be getting third line duties. Run byfield and danault in the top 2
Agree, but Kopi and DD are made men.. They decide when they move down - which is never. It will take something egregious like fans booing before anything changes... i could envision a wally pip where if they get injured and the replacement is firing, they come back to a different spot.

My favorite thing is when a top pick gets to see the ice for the first time... looking fwd to this (edit: i still cant use this site correclty my posts get merged all the time)

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
I don't think anyone around here with half a brain is debating that. The debate is more about this idea that Kopi basically sucks now, is dragging the team down, can't keep up with anyone, not worth his paycheck etc. It's exaggerated bullshit....just like many of the other constant arguments around here.
Just curious. Did you watch Kopitar and Doughty tonight and say wow thats a #1c and #1d the Kings should continue to cater everything to and build around? They made the playoffs last year without Doughty.
No one is saying Kopitar sucks. Just that the Kings being led by these guys has run its course.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Just curious. Did you watch Kopitar and Doughty tonight and say wow thats a #1c and #1d the Kings should continue to cater everything to and build around? They made the playoffs last year without Doughty.
No one is saying Kopitar sucks. Just that the Kings being led by these guys has run its course.
You said it way better than i ever could.
I could still puke about the fact that Doughty called the head office every day to make sure that his buddy Iafallo is resigned.

Reactions: Schmooley

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Agree, but Kopi and DD are made men.. They decide when they move down - which is never. It will take something egregious like fans booing before anything changes... i could envision a wally pip where if they get injured and the replacement is firing, they come back to a different spot.

My favorite thing is when a top pick gets to see the ice for the first time... looking fwd to this (edit: i still cant use this site correclty my posts get merged all the time)
So you’re telling me we can’t whack them

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I don't understand everyone's beef with Kopi; saying he looks old/slow/bad/etc.

The guy has literally carried this team on his back for almost 20 years.
Nobody is disputing that.

But the NHL is every day's business where you are judged game by game.
He has to compete against the best in the business in western conference playoff.
Sadly he is not able to do that anymore.
Time is catching up to everyone eventually

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
If you are implying that there were other players outplaying those guys, I didn't see it and I would like to know what strain you are smoking. The entire team was garbage.

You guys keep acting like you can just take a contract and throw it out the window -- doesn't work like that. The organization committed to these guys, whether you like it or not. If we now have an organization that doesn't follow through on their commitments, we got bigger problems than 11 and 8.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
If you are implying that there were other players outplaying those guys, I didn't see it and I would like to know what strain you are smoking. The entire team was garbage.

You guys keep acting like you can just take a contract and throw it out the window -- doesn't work like that. The organization committed to these guys, whether you like it or not. If we now have an organization that doesn't follow through on their commitments, we got bigger problems than 11 and 8.
No the question isnt are other Kings players better. Its are they the players to build around at this juncture and run the powerplay through and let dictate the direction of the franchise?
Kopitar would be a beast of a #2c in Colorado.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
No the question isnt are other Kings players better. Its are they the players to build around at this juncture and run the powerplay through and let dictate the direction of the franchise?
Kopitar would be a beast of a #2c in Colorado.
When you can show me proof that 11 & 8 'dictate the direction of the franchise', I will gladly engage in this discussion.

@All The Kings Men , you are pretty well connected...thoughts on 11 & 8 calling the shots? Agree or disagree?

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
When you can show me proof that 11 & 8 'dictate the direction of the franchise', I will gladly engage in this discussion.

@All The Kings Men , you are pretty well connected...thoughts on 11 & 8 calling the shots? Agree or disagree?
Didnt Doughty call to make sure Iafallo was signed? Him and Kopitar told Blake they didnt want to rebuild and he went out and got Danault Arvidsson and Edler no? Calling the shots aside.
Do you think its time they are not the focus of the powerplay any longer?

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad