GDT: 2022-23 season game 80 LA Kings vs Colorado Avalanche @7:30pm 4/8/23

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Byfield doesn't need to be bumped down or up.
He is a natural playmaking center which was obvious after setting up some nice goals for Kempe and Kopitar. Those guys don't do well as scoring wingers since they have a pass first mentallity.
If we want him to succeed, he needs to play center with fast and competent winger.

Same thing for Kupari, he really makes huge steps forward and all the tools like speed, game vision and dangling are there.

Give those guys quality minutes with Wingers like Kempe or Fiala for god sakes

The problem is he never uses them at the same time. sometime he doesn't shoot when he can, other times he doesn't use his size, other times he shoots when he should pass. He's not a very good center or he'd have 3c locked down this year in stead of Lizzotte.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
The problem is he never uses them at the same time. sometime he doesn't shoot when he can, other times he doesn't use his size, other times he shoots when he should pass. He's not a very good center or he'd have 3c locked down this year in stead of Lizzotte.
He is 20, i don't expect all those things together before he is 24.
Villardi and Kempe are the best examples
We should really go away from abandoning our youth before the age of 25.

If any, we have to hold the players accountable who demanded a salary that requires them to play top notch

Just let the Kids play, it's not like we win anything the next 2-3 years.
Look at Zegras, he is playing horrendous hockey from a coach perspective but they let him do without punishment because he turns into someone great

Reactions: mysterman2

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
You guys still care about the health of the opposition while they’re trying to injure the Kings? Anyone still holding onto that position yet? Or are we all in agreement now that the Kings should be crushing these guys in any way necessary since these teams show no regard for our players.
C'mon you are better than that.
As unfortunate the Anderson incident was, McDavid really hold back before impact.
What happened is horrible and unfortunate but we don't call for other players heads.

Kempe wasn't even hit in the face and sold it perfectly, no reason to freak out.
Beside that, our players couldn't even injure a glass statue

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
He is 20, i don't expect all those things together before he is 24.
Villardi and Kempe are the best examples
We should really go away from abandoning our youth before the age of 25.

If any, we have to hold the players accountable who demanded a salary that requires them to play top notch

Just let the Kids play, it's not like we win anything the next 2-3 years.
Look at Zegras, he is playing horrendous hockey from a coach perspective but they let him do without punishment because he turns into someone great

No, they get on him all the time because what his horrendous play does is cost them goals and wins. Ecken has benched him a bunch of times and he pouts like a 5 year old. Why break up a pass when you can cheat at the blueline trying to get your pointz! What kinda example does that set for the other guys?

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
I think we need to interview potential draft picks and ask em: “ya ever been in a fight before? Like a physical type altercation? Where you refused to be taken advantage of?”
Like it or not, its a feature of hockey thas existed since the inception of the sport and attempts to legislate it out will wind up neutering the best sport on earth

Reactions: mysterman2

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
No, they get on him all the time because what his horrendous play does is cost them goals and wins. Ecken has benched him a bunch of times and he pouts like a 5 year old. Why break up a pass when you can cheat at the blueline trying to get your pointz! What kinda example does that set for the other guys?
You must watch different Anaheim games than i do.
I see Zegras getting all freedom regardless of the horrible overall performance.
Also Anaheim isn't too sad to lose games until rebuild is done.

Next year he will crack the 30 goal/ 70 point mark and everything will be fine.
I also notice the smirk and his joking around when on the bench. I would say the other guys are not to mad about him.

Like i said, let Kupari and Byfield lose and give them top center minutes, it will do miracles.
Sure, we will not win the cup but it's the same outcome as serious punishment hockey, where we also don't win the cup.
Bonus would be exiting draft picks and better overall product in a couple of years

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think we need to interview potential draft picks and ask em: “ya ever been in a fight before? Like a physical type altercation? Where you refused to be taken advantage of?”
Like it or not, its a feature of hockey thas existed since the inception of the sport and attempts to legislate it out will wind up neutering the best sport on earth

I think we should just bring in an additional minor and have that kid walk straight in and punch them in the face and gauge their response

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad