GDT: 2022-23 season game 77 LA Kings vs Vancouver Canucks @5:00pm 4/2/23

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
The numbers say that quite starkly, actually. There's a reason that line is sticking together despite some relatively sagging play.
Yeah Byf does open up space for them.
He needs to dart into space not board battle .
I guess the checking has tightened up.
He needs to get on track again before the playoffs.
The line kinda balances out the lines.
We are probably stuck with it, this late, for better or worse.
Hoping for a return to form.

Reactions: 21Dog

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I think MacEwen was better tonight than he has been, but the bar was extremely low. He got over 12 minutes TOI compared to 3 minutes he had the other night so obviously Todd thought he played better. He was definitely more physical than any of his previous games, but he just doesn't fit in with Kupari and Grundstrom.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
I think MacEwen was better tonight than he has been, but the bar was extremely low. He got over 12 minutes TOI compared to 3 minutes he had the other night so obviously Todd thought he played better. He was definitely more physical than any of his previous games, but he just doesn't fit in with Kupari and Grundstrom.
Actually he fits great with them. They are awesome for a 4th line.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Big set of wins, but the injuries keep on coming. Hopefully Bjornfot gets a call up, but that makes too much sense so of course it won't happen.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
I think this as well. They had some synergy tonight. MacEwen started showing some speed and knowing where to go, and he was laying the body. That whole line was hitting, it was great to see.
Macewen couldn’t connect on a pass all night, not one, and it’s been his calling card since his acquitition.

He is where possession goes to die, and he damn sure isn’t doing anything physically that Grundstrom or Kupari don’t bring.

Dude is worthless, let JAD play.

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
Any word on Edler?

Did we take him behind the barn and shoot him?

You know, shoot old horse behind barn analogy...

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Lt Dan

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Edler down, Anderson down........and people wonder WHY we didn't trade Durzi, Walker, Spence, Bjornfoot etc.....

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
Edler down, Anderson down........and people wonder WHY we didn't trade Durzi, Walker, Spence, Bjornfoot etc.....

We have three RHD there and one LHD that does not get to play.

Multiple posters advocated for acquiring a second pairing LHD with one of those RHD surplus players.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
We have three RHD there and one LHD that does not get to play.

Multiple posters advocated for acquiring a second pairing LHD with one of those RHD surplus players.

They got a second pairing LHD...without giving up those surplus players....WHICH ARE NEEDED NOW....see how that works?

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
They got a second pairing LHD...without giving up those surplus players....WHICH ARE NEEDED NOW....see how that works?

But giving up a 1st when we could have shored up last offseason. Multiple posters saw this issue with the neglect of LHD and inaction. Now we deal with that paying a heavier price than the offseason. Plus, if we do not resign Gavi, back to square one.

If we traded Durzi, Walker, or Spence for a quality LHD we would have depth where we desperately needed it. While we still have RHD depth, the LHD has been wafer thin all year.

I also say this as management does not trust playing Bjornfot at all it seems. Baffling.

Reactions: Schrute farms

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
But giving up a 1st when we could have shored up last offseason. Multiple posters saw this issue with the neglect of LHD and inaction. Now we deal with that paying a heavier price than the offseason. Plus, if we do not resign Gavi, back to square one.

If we traded Durzi, Walker, or Spence for a quality LHD we would have depth where we desperately needed it. While we still have RHD depth, the LHD has been wafer thin all year.

I also say this as management does not trust playing Bjornfot at all it seems. Baffling.

And I proved that was all horseshit....there was no neglect of LHD.....Blake DRAFTED several LHD since being GM...I think it was 8 or 9....then they signed a few....etc....

So we gave up what, the 25th-26th pick OA in the draft......go check out the past 25 years of draft history and tell me how many players in that range amounted to something.....

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
And I proved that was all horseshit....there was no neglect of LHD.....Blake DRAFTED several LHD since being GM...I think it was 8 or 9....then they signed a few....etc....

So we gave up what, the 25th-26th pick OA in the draft......go check out the past 25 years of draft history and tell me how many players in that range amounted to something.....

No neglect of LHD, you kidding? Ask Herby, or Racoon Jesus, or Sol, or 90% of the board and you'll get the same reply.

We had a surplus of RHD and a roster that was weak as charmin on the left side. We were so weak we attempted to have Durzi playing the left side. You watched the games. Wasn't fun.

Our drafting of LHD has been suspect for a while. We reached for Hughes and lost on Hudson. Drafted Kirsanov. The position has been underdeveloped in terms of talent reaching the nhl. Our best bet was Bjornfot who for some reason has no trust from upper management barring a injury plague of the left side.

I played your game and just grabbed 2018 for fun. Around that range? Rasmus Sandin. I'd love to have that guy playing on the team right now. Or how about Bjornfot, who we played the first year but banished to the AHL afterwards?

Giving up first round picks on players on last year of contract is risky. If we resign Gavrikov and Korpisalo, hey that's great. We secured the talent. Right now, however, there is no signing and we are out a draft pick.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
No neglect of LHD, you kidding? Ask Herby, or Racoon Jesus, or Sol, or 90% of the board and you'll get the same reply.

We had a surplus of RHD and a roster that was weak as charmin on the left side. We were so weak we attempted to have Durzi playing the left side. You watched the games. Wasn't fun.

Our drafting of LHD has been suspect for a while. We reached for Hughes and lost on Hudson. Drafted Kirsanov. The position has been underdeveloped in terms of talent reaching the nhl. Our best bet was Bjornfot who for some reason has no trust from upper management barring a injury plague of the left side.

I played your game and just grabbed 2018 for fun. Around that range? Rasmus Sandin. I'd love to have that guy playing on the team right now. Or how about Bjornfot, who we played the first year but banished to the AHL afterwards?

Giving up first round picks on players on last year of contract is risky. If we resign Gavrikov and Korpisalo, hey that's great. We secured the talent. Right now, however, there is no signing and we are out a draft pick.
You’re arguing with a toddler that has a propensity for moving the goalposts.

Ain’t worth the time man. Park and ride.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

LOL man, talk about confusing results with process, How the f*** can we be NEGLECTING LHD...when we drafted/signed 10-12 in the past 5 years??? First answer that and we can move forward....

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
You’re arguing with a toddler that has a propensity for moving the goalposts.

Ain’t worth the time man. Park and ride.

Appreciate it. I work in mental health and like to think I had a skill working with developmentally delayed people.
Applies differently on the internet.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
LOL man, talk about confusing results with process, How the f*** can we be NEGLECTING LHD...when we drafted/signed 10-12 in the past 5 years??? First answer that and we can move forward....

You can argue the results weren't there, absolutely, but to argue it was neglected, makes zero sense....

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
Great game by the team. In a back to back this was a great effort. Good mgmt by TMac- will give credit where credit is due. No forward played more than 17 minutes or less than 12 minutes. Did find to totally TMac ish that he has rested Edler on back to backs except for this one game, only to get hurt early and having Bjornfot readily available.

Walkers best game in a long time.

Bottom players getting it done....Kupari, Kaliyev, Lizotte and Grundstrom all playing well.

If Fiala/Vilardi & Mikey A can get healthy for playoffs- this team has legit chance of a deep run.

Your Updated pts per 60 minutes....

1680530901258.png

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Yet again making up a trade in your head, and getting mad when it doesn't happen.
Who's getting mad? It was calling out a weakness in the org and mentioning the best resource(s) to address it. That's getting mad now?

And, sorry, but when people were clamoring for an LHD earlier this season, weren't you asking for specific moves Blake could make?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
For over two years we have come up with examples and specific names and possible trade targets, so you have got to be f***ing kidding me.

And before the inevitable 'well that guy wasn't moved' half of them were and for less than we came up with in many instances.

This has to be the only board on this whole damn site who is terrified of criticizing management.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad