GDT: 2022-23 season game 76 LA Kings vs Seattle Kraken @7:00pm 4/1/23

SaltyElkHunter

Grocery Shopping in the woods
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
As a goalie myself, I simply can't explain the numbers. While Korpisalo overall has a .916 SV%(4-2-1, 1.86 GAA, .929 SV% with the Kings), Copley has won 24 games in 33 starts. His GAA is around 15th best, but his SV% is barely over .900, which is below the league average. Korpi has 9 playoff games of experience with a very good .941 SV%, while Copley has no playoff experience. You might have to go with the guy that really saved the teams season, who is the guy in net who just wins a lot of games some how. I'm kind of now conflicted as which goalie should start the playoffs.
Don’t ask how ask how many

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
As a goalie myself, I simply can't explain the numbers. While Korpisalo overall has a .916 SV%(4-2-1, 1.86 GAA, .929 SV% with the Kings), Copley has won 24 games in 33 starts. His GAA is around 15th best, but his SV% is barely over .900, which is below the league average. Korpi has 9 playoff games of experience with a very good .941 SV%, while Copley has no playoff experience. You might have to go with the guy that really saved the teams season, who is the guy in net who just wins a lot of games some how. I'm kind of now conflicted as which goalie should start the playoffs.
Shots on goal play a huge part it's easy to have low save percentage if you let in 2 on 20 shots vs 4 on 50 shots

Brownie to Pancakes

Jul 1, 2012
CA
Wins
Is
A
Team
Stat

That unknown magic behind the win percentage cannot be solely attributed to him.

Reactions: GameNight

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
I don’t understand why posters continue to harp on the timeout thing. By now you should know that Todd is never gonna call a timeout before two minutes left in the game. Just accept it.
During the games you can see Todd pull out his phone and pull up this board
He relies on these guys for advice at all times.

Copley's best game and in clutch.
Agree, MVP.
All I gotta do is remember the same people bitching about Durzi are the same people that were bitching about Maatta all last year and this year, wanted him back
Please publish the list, these guys think, the bathroom does not smell after they use it.

David Lunch

Apr 11, 2018
I don’t understand why posters continue to harp on the timeout thing. By now you should know that Todd is never gonna call a timeout before two minutes left in the game. Just accept it.
I have to wonder too if it's because it's tied to the coach's challenge. When the whole "Todd never calls a time out" thing got pointed out I thought it was weird, but if you're holding it in the chamber in case of turning over a potential goal, I get it. I know it's less likely to happen the deeper a games gets, but perhaps it's better to have that in your arsenal than a 30 second break in most cases. Not saying I've made up my mind either way, just trying to Steelman the position.

Reactions: lumbergh

Brownie to Pancakes

Jul 1, 2012
CA
I have to wonder too if it's because it's tied to the coach's challenge. When the whole "Todd never calls a time out" thing got pointed out I thought it was weird, but if you're holding it in the chamber in case of turning over a potential goal, I get it. I know it's less likely to happen the deeper a games gets, but perhaps it's better to have that in your arsenal than a 30 second break in most cases. Not saying I've made up my mind either way, just trying to Steelman the position.
Maybe. I guess. But there have been more opportunities to use a TO to stop the bleeding and reset than there have been opportunities to challenge a goal. One scenario literally happens several times more often than the other. So if that's the logic, it's a bad one.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
So Kings and Knights have 6 games left and Oilers have 5 games left.

Kings have Canucks, Oilers, Knights, Avs, Canucks and Ducks.

Oilers have Kings, Ducks, Sharks, Avs and Sharks.

Knights have Wild, Preds, Kings, Stars, Kraken, Kraken.

Rough stretch for Vegas, I can see the Oilers jumping over them and taking the division.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
This team is built for the regular season. They still need to make a few changes to build a strong playoff team.
:huh: Interesting build for the regular season when they don't have a 100 pt player. No 40+ goal scorer. No PPG defenseman. 1 division title. No Presidents Trophy. And probably most significant....no regular season western conference championship:

11235657_web1_Flames-Predators-Hockey.jpg

Reactions: Byfield

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Pretty sure this is exactly the reason.

Reactions: David Lunch

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
I’d rather go fail at sleep than watch anymore of this boring game.

And I did after the first. Glad they won.
Funny thing, Vilardi only has two more PP points than Iafallo this year, in 11 more games. Gabe's PP totals are actually much lower than I had assumed though.
I think that second unit gets everyone more consistently involved. To my eye Vilardi saw more touches early on in the season at his spot down low next to the crease. 2nd half of the season, for whatever reason, the other 4 guys have dominated possession of the puck. Hard to argue with the results for the most part.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Suck it Jones! They finally beat him this year.

Much needed win and they finally scored more than 1 goal on this trip.
It would've been nice for the Ducks not to roll over and die against every team like they're doing, but I expected the Oilers to smoke them, which they did. Time to take out the Canucks who've also had our number for too many years.

Reactions: 21Dog

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
So Kings and Knights have 6 games left and Oilers have 5 games left.

Kings have Canucks, Oilers, Knights, Avs, Canucks and Ducks.

Oilers have Kings, Ducks, Sharks, Avs and Sharks.

Knights have Wild, Preds, Kings, Stars, Kraken, Kraken.

Rough stretch for Vegas, I can see the Oilers jumping over them and taking the division.
I would hate to see them as a dark horse to win the division when watching this Kings/Knights the last few months. But realistically, they just might and I hope they lose in the 1st round. I just appreciate you took the time to put out the schedule so I don't have to click elsewhere. Going side by side here with kid right now and this is much easier to explain to him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Docgonzo

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Shots on goal play a huge part it's easy to have low save percentage if you let in 2 on 20 shots vs 4 on 50 shots

This. There have been games where he and Korpo won and the losing goal had a better save pct. Copleys numbers have been really skewed in which they've won, because he's given up 5 or 6 goals. The STL game he was only .727, Binnington in relief was .857, yet Copley still won.

AI makes 4m.. McCann gets 1m more and that gets you 35 goals

very cool.. so whats wrong with the place

We enter and we're told to go the wrong way but the signage supported going that direction. I figured we had to walk to to other side of the building. We reach a dead end. The next employee tells us to go back the other way which was obvious. Then we get back to where we started and told we're in the space needle lounge. We go up there and the guy literally had no idea where to send us. I then decided to just walk the opposite direction until it ends again and find the staircase to section 211. I paid $200 to sit in the nose bleeds and you can't even see the jumbo tron because the next level of seating blocks it. I felt like I was up higher then the last row of the pond. We went to a bar after the second period to watch the rest of the game. It couldn't have been a more boring atmosphere.

Basically, the signage was very confusing to say the least. The employees had no clue either and then when we got to our seats the sight lines were terrible. We missed more than half the first period and were in the building when the anthem was still going. The only redeeming thing was the kings finally scoring a second goal when we left after the second period.

Attachments

• 20230401_193931.jpg
    20230401_193931.jpg
    368.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Dullest game of the year.. not even close

Sorry for the serial quoting of your posts but I'm glad you reaffirmed what I told my wife before we left. She was kind of puzzled why I'd want to leave early but was ok with going to the bar instead. Couldn't even get them to turn in the game so I watched on my phone. Turns out we were at a gay bar. What a night!

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Wasn't Sutter loathe to use timeouts too? I thought it was a Phil Jackson thing where you want your team to learn how to play through pressure without a safety net in the regular season, or something like that.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I paid $200 to sit in the nose bleeds and you can't even see the jumbo tron because the next level of seating blocks it. I felt like I was up higher then the last row of the pond.
200 per seat? im guessing it was 100 for each.. which is still high. 300s at Staples are usually 50-70. If you got the tickets on stubhub, they tell you if the seat has an obstructed view - which to me those seats were. Thats pretty weird a new building has that kind of an obstruction. That feels pretty claustrophobic to view the game like that. Dumb architect.

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
200 per seat? im guessing it was 100 for each.. which is still high. 300s at Staples are usually 50-70. If you got the tickets on stubhub, they tell you if the seat has an obstructed view - which to me those seats were. Thats pretty weird a new building has that kind of an obstruction. That feels pretty claustrophobic to view the game like that. Dumb architect.
It’s not a new building. They renovated Key Arena where the Sonics used to play. Went there for some Sonics/Lakers games in the 90’s when I still gave a shit about basketball. Surprised they didn’t build something new.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
It’s not a new building. They renovated Key Arena where the Sonics used to play. Went there for some Sonics/Lakers games in the 90’s when I still gave a shit about basketball. Surprised they didn’t build something new.
Oh really? wow, you'd still think they'd redo the sight lines given the chance to remodel. With all the naming rights bullshit you can never know if its an old arena.

$380 with fees for two tickets. I couldn't spent $320 but paid the extra $60 to be on the aisle.

I was under the impression it was a new building too. I guess it's little excusable if it's an older building but either way the layout is awful. The signs make no sense there and the workers are completely useless. The cherry on top was the lack of traditional vending. They had these amazon grab and go kiosks with beers etc.

By contrast, calgary was a throwback and enjoyably quaint. They even have happy from doors open until 30 minutes before pick drop. $6 drinks at that time. The building reminded me of the forum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad