GDT: 2022-23 season game 76 LA Kings vs Seattle Kraken @7:00pm 4/1/23

200 per seat? im guessing it was 100 for each.. which is still high. 300s at Staples are usually 50-70. If you got the tickets on stubhub, they tell you if the seat has an obstructed view - which to me those seats were. Thats pretty weird a new building has that kind of an obstruction. That feels pretty claustrophobic to view the game like that. Dumb architect.

$380 with fees for two tickets. I couldn't spent $320 but paid the extra $60 to be on the aisle.

I was under the impression it was a new building too. I guess it's little excusable if it's an older building but either way the layout is awful. The signs make no sense there and the workers are completely useless. The cherry on top was the lack of traditional vending. They had these amazon grab and go kiosks with beers etc.

By contrast, calgary was a throwback and enjoyably quaint. They even have happy from doors open until 30 minutes before pick drop. $6 drinks at that time. The building reminded me of the forum.

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
Theres a lot cases of guys playing on torn ligaments this time of year. I hate how teams don't disclose this stuff until after they're eliminated.
Hey team not making the PO's, one of top players has a torn ligament on his right shoulder, thanks for not targeting it.

psych3man

Dec 17, 2019
Outside Chicago
Living in the Midwest I watched the Seattle tv feed.
GREAT game broadcast.
Play-by-play guy (John Forsland) was phenomenal.
Followed the play.
Stats/facts were on target appropriate, Vin Scully-like.
“Drew Doughty, one of the all-time greats.”
When a King‘s stick broke “stickless in Seattle” killed me and Mrs Psych.

It would be worth a 2nd round draft choice to trade ours for theirs.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I am shocked to hear the Seattle arena is a remodel.
All the nonstop hype (including the presumptuous name) made it sound like it was hockey’s version of Jerry Jones stadium.

There isn't any room in that area so it was that or a new building outside of the Uptown/Downtown area. It's not a very easy place to get to.

Bellevue would have been a great location as transit makes it easy, but land values are through the roof in that area. There is a lot of space south of Seattle in the Auburn area, but it's not a prime neighborhood as the saying goes. That area would have left them the ability to build a whole experience out of it, but they chose to use Key instead. The weird thing about it is the NHL did not want anything to do with Key arena previously and was against renovation plans when the Seattle option first came up. Apparently the renovation plans impressed them enough to change their minds.

You would think Tod Lieweke would have phoned up big bro and asked him about how to build a complex as Staples Center was really successful in that regard. People up here are absolutely sports bonkers and a huge complex where they could go to see all the local teams remotely would have been a cash cow.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
I remember hearing that Key Arena couldn’t host an NHL team because of the sight lines. Like you wouldn’t even be able to see part of the ice surface. Similar to how the Islanders home in Brooklyn was. Whatever they did is an improvement over what it was but yeah, you would have hoped for a new building entirely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad