GDT: 2022-23 season game 75 LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @6:00pm 3/30/23

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
The Kings have to be aware of EDM skill at all times. It’s always gonna be a prevent game.

McDavid hides behind his stardom. You retaliate on him you get jumped by the whole team.

Oilers aren’t necessarily tough but they are big. Kane, who shouldn’t be in the league, can scrap. Nurse can be physical. Draisaitl is a large man. So are Ekholm and Daharnais.

LA needs a Jeanot or Wilson type to install some fear of God in them. Kings just don’t have that. MacEwen got rag dolled after poking the goalie and had no response himself.
Macewen is a waste of roster space.

He is a better hockey player than Lemieux, but he isn’t doing anything on the nasty end of things that’s needed of him, and he isn’t half the hockey player someone like JAD is.

3 minutes in a critical divisional game says it all.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland

He is a better hockey player than Lemieux, but he isn’t doing anything on the nasty end of things that’s needed of him, and he isn’t half the hockey player someone like JAD is.

If you don’t appreciate what he brings your opinion isn’t worth anything.

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016

I think Lemieux has way more skill than Macewen. When I watch Macewen it's really a mystery he's even in the league, his only point with the Kings so far came from an accidental assist. No clue why Todd dresses him over JAD when he doesn't fight and hasn't been playing with an edge.

Jason Squirties

Apr 15, 2014
They are a good team. Physical and skilled.

I still want to see a 100% healthy team go against them.

I'm worried about Fiala. I wouldn't be surprised if a surgery announcement comes in the summer. Just a hunch tho.

I honestly don't care about seeding aside from home ice. Kings just need bring their best game no matter the series.
I don't understand the obsession with a 100% healthy team. No one is going to be 100% healthy once the playoffs get rolling.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
The Kings have to be aware of EDM skill at all times. It’s always gonna be a prevent game.

McDavid hides behind his stardom. You retaliate on him you get jumped by the whole team.

Oilers aren’t necessarily tough but they are big. Kane, who shouldn’t be in the league, can scrap. Nurse can be physical. Draisaitl is a large man. So are Ekholm and Daharnais.

LA needs a Jeanot or Wilson type to install some fear of God in them. Kings just don’t have that. MacEwen got rag dolled after poking the goalie and had no response himself.
I’d not care about that because a banged up McDavid is a guaranteed series win.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I don't understand the obsession with a 100% healthy team. No one is going to be 100% healthy once the playoffs get rolling.

No, certainly not, and everyone is banged up for sure.

Look how close the Kings were without Doughty and Arvidsson last year. It would be annoying to go into the playoffs missing 2+ impact players again. The Kings are a top Western Conference team, but not top enough to get over the hump missing 2/3 of a scoring line, imo.

But I think people are just annoyed that even the other night with a powerful Edmonton team rolling just like we were, it took superhuman goalie performances and injuries to Fiala Vilardi Anderson for Edmonton to seal it. Right on the fringe of being good enough to win the conference...falling just short becuase the margins are razor thin at the top.

Oh and that when you replace Fiala and Vilardi in the lineup with MacEwen, just f***ing lol happens.

Reactions: LAKings88

Jason Squirties

Apr 15, 2014
No, certainly not, and everyone is banged up for sure.

Look how close the Kings were without Doughty and Arvidsson last year. It would be annoying to go into the playoffs missing 2+ impact players again. The Kings are a top Western Conference team, but not top enough to get over the hump missing 2/3 of a scoring line, imo.

But I think people are just annoyed that even the other night with a powerful Edmonton team rolling just like we were, it took superhuman goalie performances and injuries to Fiala Vilardi Anderson for Edmonton to seal it. Right on the fringe of being good enough to win the conference...falling just short becuase the margins are razor thin at the top.
Oh and that when you replace Fiala and Vilardi in the lineup with MacEwen, just f***ing lol happens.
And I'm saying it's no surprise but a good team that doesn't allow itself to get run over without a response will overcome a few losses to personel and still push through. We haven't seen it from this team yet with TM behind the bench and I don't expect to see it anytime soon unfortunately but I do love a good underdog story.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
And I'm saying it's no surprise but a good team that doesn't allow itself to get run over without a response will overcome a few losses to personel and still push through. We haven't seen it from this team yet with TM behind the bench and I don't expect to see it anytime soon unfortunately but I do love a good underdog story.
The only thing pushing through is the turtle head from Todd’s ass that he then sniffs while making roster decisions. This team is capable of being so much more with a competent coach. Pity.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
If you think it’s easy to line up Connor Mcdavid for a good hard check, you haven’t been watching hockey for long. He’s faster and stronger than 99% of the players on the ice at any given time.
I think I saw Danault and somebody else, Roy maybe just peel off from him after he took a shot when either of them could have taken a run and plastered his ass to the end boards. It may not be easy but it is possible. You have to be willing though.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad