GDT: 2022-23 season game 65 LA Kings vs Washington Capitals @7:30pm 3/6/23

The Caps pulled the goalie for an extra skater since there were only about 2 minutes left in the game. There wasn't a delayed penalty.
picard-facepalm.jpg

I guess the booze was really flowing!

Reactions: BigKing and Telos
You aren't asking who won, so you can hold your head high.
Edit:. Might want to check to see if you made any calls or sent texts last night. 🤣

All clear on that front! Thanks for taking the time to explain that. I was with my wife and her cousin who don't know much about hockey so when I asked them they obviously had no clue what I was talking about. I don't have the ability to watch replays and there was no mention on the highlights for obvious reasons.

Reactions: Kudelski37

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Last edited:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Talking about posters needing binkies is the definition of making fun of/mocking them. That would describe 99% of your posts. It’s borderline bullying at this point. You’re a complete tool.
It's just basic trolling when someone can't form a coherent thought or argument to discuss or debate. Which is why it's 99% of his posts.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
It's just basic trolling when someone can't form a coherent thought or argument to discuss or debate. Which is why it's 99% of his posts.
I’ve let it go for the most part but I really do feel like it’s getting to the bullying stage. You can’t make a single criticism without him making fun of you for it. His only purpose here is to instigate and make himself feel big. Can’t even keep track of the number of times I’ve read a poster make a reasonable comment only to have him reply by attacking the person. It makes this place less enjoyable and enough of a reason to report him.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I’ve let it go for the most part but I really do feel like it’s getting to the bullying stage. You can’t make a single criticism without him making fun of you for it. His only purpose here is to instigate and make himself feel big. Can’t even keep track of the number of times I’ve read a poster make a reasonable comment only to have him reply by attacking the person. It makes this place less enjoyable and enough of a reason to report him.
I get it.

Ruin the enjoyment of the forum by instigating and causing shit, which pushes people into blocking. But then goes on and mentions how people who block are p-s.

Goes through lengths to antagonize virtually every Kings fan and then tries to bully them for not wanting anything to do with it.

His buddies suit him well.

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
But then goes on and mentions how people who block are p-s.
Wow! If you block people you’re a p***y now? Whichever of the two trolls wrote that is really small, sad and insecure. If someone doesn’t want to read the constant one-note foot-stomping whine fest, their masculinity is called into question? LOL, pure projection.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Isn't Byfield still only 20......20?!?....poor kid expected to be perfect at 20. sheesh, i'm glad some of you are not my dad. Might have crushed me before i had a chance to make something of myself and become the very successful person i am today.
Same here. Except the "make something of myself" and the "very successful" parts.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
I live back and forth between both places and have Kings season tickets can I stick around? :)
Not if you carpool with Quick.
What's the point of scratching JAD and Kaliyev when you put out two players you almost trust even less by giving them less than 6 minutes?

That's going to just wear down everyone else.
Obviously you know he was giving him a look and we need a deterrent against sometimes.
Are you in the TMac never makes in game adjustments Choir?
100%. So the beet business is good? Sugar beets, or the ones that taste like dirt?
Beetsov?
Thank God we have Blake to have the foresight to see the need at LHD and get a guy like Gav. One day some of us arm chair fans will get the knowledge of a former player like Blake and be able to see future needs like this before it becomes an issue and problem for the team. True chess player. Rest of posters who complain about the failings and needs on this team have no idea what they are talking about obviously.

Same with the goalie issue. Blake had the pulse of the team and their needs. figured out we needed a goalie before anyone could have seen it and got Copley up when nobody else was saying we had an organizational goalie problem.

We are truly lucky as fans.
It was a real hidden secret , huh, Sherlock Gnomes!
any news on Durzi??
Rattled his gold chain
If Gavrikov walks this was indeed a bad trade, unless we make it to the WCF, than it was worth it.

If not, than it will remind me of the Andrej Sekera trade. Did we have fun with him.
I would settle for Korpi or Gavri one crucial cog extended is still a big help.
We may not have cap space for both depending on how they perform.
This is a move to solidify and reward the team with improved playoff performance potential.

Last edited:
Saddest thing is dude is going to test the market and he will be gone. Absolutely impressed with how steady he is. Except for that terrible clear on the PK, he's been nails.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that he resigns even though he said that. The guy is coming from Colombus which is about as boring of a city as there is in the US and played for a team that has largely sucked their entire existence. He comes to a team that plays in an attractive area (to some), with a little bit of winning history and on an upward trajectory. Hard to say whether he just wants top dollar or if there are other teams he finds more appealing. Time will tell but he's been great the two games he's played.

Reactions: kinghock

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Wow! If you block people you’re a p***y now? Whichever of the two trolls wrote that is really small, sad and insecure. If someone doesn’t want to read the constant one-note foot-stomping whine fest, their masculinity is called into question? LOL, pure projection.

Wait, blocking makes you less of a man?

Psh, me, after blocking the obvious

0*YvEW5jEht3T3Z-t5.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Yup. I'm pretty sure you can guess the culprit. It's an anagram of Hazard Lox.

There's just some odd commitment to trolling and annoying as many Kings fans as possible, discouraging discussions, and just making the experience miserable for the rest.

head eyes

Oct 8, 2015
It's not out of the realm of possibility that he resigns even though he said that. The guy is coming from Colombus which is about as boring of a city as there is in the US and played for a team that has largely sucked their entire existence. He comes to a team that plays in an attractive area (to some), with a little bit of winning history and on an upward trajectory. Hard to say whether he just wants top dollar or if there are other teams he finds more appealing. Time will tell but he's been great the two games he's played.
True. Him saying he was going to test FA could've just been a way to basically guarantee he gets traded at the deadline to a contender. Hopefully he and his wife like the LA lifestyle and she further convinces him re-sign.

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Demko makes a big chunk, they would have to clear space AND spend a bunch of assets. I don't think he's a big step above Koprisalo, so it would be more efficient just to retain him.
Blake is still in therapy from goaltenders traumatizing him with spiraling performance he had to flush.
He will watch Korpi closely and he and Ranford will try to stabilize on their meds before they decide where they gamble next in the ever changing and fickle reality of goaltending form
Genuine question. Do play-off games count towards the ELC sliding (the 9 games) given that the play-offs are technically unpaid games for players.

Good point though, that I hadn’t considered.

No I don't think so.

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
If it is not you then by process of elimination it must be the one other troll.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
True. Him saying he was going to test FA could've just been a way to basically guarantee he gets traded at the deadline to a contender. Hopefully he and his wife like the LA lifestyle and she further convinces him re-sign.
Thats a really good point re forcing a trade and keeping all his leverage now he's here (by not signing an extension). I hope he agrees to a fair deal.. this is the kind of core defender all great teams have at least one of.

Reactions: Statto

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Since I either missed the explanation by the ref at the game or they didn't give one, can someone explain why the delayed call was reversed in the third? I'm assuming the high stick was just missed by them and that's why that wasn't enforced but I'm pretty sure there was already a delayed call when the phantom high stick happened.
Thinking it might of been a delayed offside call, can't remember.

Afterwards, it was basically waiting for the death scene to finish, checked for bullet holes, found none, then the zebras huddled to decide who's hosting the next poker night, who's bringing the beers, chips etc..

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
The problem with blocking (at least for me) is that it prevented me from seeing the nonsense that they were saying. And then I get a PM from a friend here saying “Hey Axl is calling you out on this thread” or “TruKingFan is making stuff up that you said again” so it was better to just be able to see it and address it.

But yeah, it’s really unfortunate that we have people like this on this forum, because outside of them there is a lot of good discussion happening. But go look at those guys posts, it’s amazing, it’s the same stuff over and over again. There is absolutely no substantive hockey discussion at all, it’s finding anything negative someone says about the team and then replying with a 1-2 sentence response calling them stupid. I just don’t know how that doesn’t get boring and how they can spend so much time on this forum.

Last edited:

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
What's the point of scratching JAD and Kaliyev when you put out two players you almost trust even less by giving them less than 6 minutes?

That's going to just wear down everyone else.

Maybe it's about JAD and Kaliyev NOT everyone else? You can't sit there and say Kaliyev has been good since his return from injury.....can you?

Thank God we have Blake to have the foresight to see the need at LHD and get a guy like Gav. One day some of us arm chair fans will get the knowledge of a former player like Blake and be able to see future needs like this before it becomes an issue and problem for the team. True chess player. Rest of posters who complain about the failings and needs on this team have no idea what they are talking about obviously.

Same with the goalie issue. Blake had the pulse of the team and their needs. figured out we needed a goalie before anyone could have seen it and got Copley up when nobody else was saying we had an organizational goalie problem.

We are truly lucky as fans.

Good thing we also knew who was available, when they were available, and at what price.......

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
The problem with blocking (at least for me) is that it prevented me from seeing the nonsense that they were saying. And then I get a PM from a friend here saying “Hey Axl is calling you out on this thread” or “TruKingFan is making stuff up that you said again” so it was better to just be able to see it and address it.

But yeah, it’s really unfortunate that we have people like this on this forum, because outside of them there is a lot of good discussion happening. But go look at those guys posts, it’s amazing, it’s the same stuff over and over again. There is absolutely no substantive hockey discussion at all, it’s finding anything negative someone says about the team and then replying with a 1-2 sentence response calling them stupid. I just don’t know how that doesn’t get boring and how they can spend so much time on this forum.

I agree, the only caveat I have, is that there are posters, ( a lot, a little, I don't really know) who are negative, JUST be negative....about anything, they move from idea to idea, whipping boy to whipping boy, and have no idea what they are sputtering on about.....that's what I don't get, if you are going to be that negative....WTF are you doing here....

Case not really in point...but you...and your thoughts about Turcotte, Byfield, development etc, we don't really agree on it, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that you are right, I am wrong, and vice versa.......but quite a few times in game threads, you will see...OMG can you believe "Player X did that, he f***ing sucks etc, why is he on the team etc".....and the player they are going off on......wasn't even involved...or better yet, was on the bench....

Like I've said from the start, there are absolutely VALID criticisms, and then there are people just being negative because.....maybe that is their entire view on life. If you are going to be critical, then back it up.....the problem is when you call people out on the BS and ask them to back it up, they want to block you lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad