GDT: 2022-23 season game 59 LA Kings vs New Jersey Devils @4:00pm 2/23/23

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Durzi can get some gnarly tunnel vision. If he misplays something, the mistake gets maximized.

I don't have a problem with him sitting out the OT.

I am not certain he could beat Edler in a foot race. He just blew the coverage on the tying goal, and it wasn't likely that he could defend those NJ forwards with that much open ice.

Of course it didn't matter, as Doughty couldn't either.

Reactions: King'sPawn

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Durzi had an amazing pass to Kopi and a great goal. Live by the sword die by the sword. Multiple errors lead to the tying goal. I do wish Durzi had locked that stick up tho.

Reactions: mysterman2

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC
I'm so damn tired of teams in OT taking the puck back out of the offensive zone to regroup. Kings did it a few times last night and it seriously kills the flow of the game. I totally get that you want to keep possession, but it gets tiresome. I almost wish they'd treat it like an icing or something if a team does that, but I'm not sure how well that can be enforced, though. What if it comes out by accident? Can't put it in the hands of the refs because we've seen some of their judgement calls...

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
strange deployments for sure....Durzi is the best offensive Dman but the worst Defensively- dont think this is news to anyone yet he gets deployed on 5 on 3 PKs (AZ Game) and in critical late game moments where defense is of utmost importance. Just a baffling move given the results of Game 1 to start the season and how that ended. Stepping on the same rake over and over again.

I'm so damn tired of teams in OT taking the puck back out of the offensive zone to regroup. Kings did it a few times last night and it seriously kills the flow of the game. I totally get that you want to keep possession, but it gets tiresome. I almost wish they'd treat it like an icing or something if a team does that, but I'm not sure how well that can be enforced, though. What if it comes out by accident? Can't put it in the hands of the refs because we've seen some of their judgement calls...

take my word for it- you dont want to watch Tynan on the Reign in OT.

Last edited:

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Ah, but it would help get in the playoffs in the first place.

I've been pretty anti-Chychrun, though.
I am not really concerned, we will make the playoff one way or the other.
There are still the wild cards and Calgary is flat out refusing to win the important games.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Damn, I remember those guys too. From threads discussing whether or not Brad Chartrand should be playing on the same line as Ziggy Palffy or whether or not Neil was actually a Kings fan at one time before switching to the Ducks.
Dark, dark days indeed.

The days of us bemoaning Nathan Dempsey instead of Alex Edler.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I mean, the sheer fact that we have to wonder why Durzi didn't tie up a stick defending a lead in the last minute of the game points to someone else a whole lot more than Durzi.

Hint, he doesn't have skates on.

I mean for all the things Edmonton does wrong you don't see Tyson Barrie out there protecting a lead.

also,

:dumbo:

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I had Hatter in my living room once too...
Hatter was awesome, lost touch a long time ago. Sweetest, most terrifying individual I have known. Darby and I were invited up to his place in Ojai for Thanksgiving, when we got there and hit the, uh, party favors, and somehow the deep fryer got run over. We went to a farm down the road to let ourselves in and borrow some tools, pounded it back into shape and let er rip. Ate like at 10pm.

He and his then girlfriend lived in a place that had been renovated from a farm office. Asked why a certain door was boarded up, she told us, in all sincerity, that it was blocked to "keep the ghosts out". Well, we spent the whole night walking around the area in the dark, found another old farmhouse next door that had a bunch of old military vehicles and played with a rusted out tank.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
For the record
  • Post #312
  • Feb 23, 2023
...my #1 deadline hoped deal was to get Barbashev. Wish he was a King.
Trade Iafallo + Walker + Petersen + #1 for Barbashev + #2
I'm tired of Iafallo playing 20-25 good games a year.

But the chances of calling WALKER + PETERSEN moved in the same deal, came true.
So, move AI and Durzi and sign Barbashev, to make it even more complete....

David Lunch

Apr 11, 2018
The thread bump also nicely coincides with the recent LGK thread. I never met or got to know Gescom out of LGK, but always felt like we’d hit it off from a huge overlap in music taste (Adgy too).

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
Trade Iafallo + Walker + Petersen + #1 for Barbashev + #2
I'm tired of Iafallo playing 20-25 good games a year.

But the chances of calling WALKER + PETERSEN moved in the same deal, came true.
So, move AI and Durzi and sign Barbashev, to make it even more complete....
You think Barbashev is gonna sign for less than $4?

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
You think Barbashev is gonna sign for less than $4?

No. But AI 4.0 and Durzi 1.7 traded, would bring back some picks / decent prospect and free up 5.7 million. But it seems that signing Gabe and a goalie, will take precedent. I am hoping the Summer has more than: signing Gav, Gabe and a goalie. Will require a hockey deal, though.

Reactions: Schrute farms

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
No. But AI 4.0 and Durzi 1.7 traded, would bring back some picks / decent prospect and free up 5.7 million. But it seems that signing Gabe and a goalie, will take precedent. I am hoping the Summer has more than: signing Gav, Gabe and a goalie. Will require a hockey deal, though.
I hope it happens so that someday you can quote this post and say “OMG everyone!! Look!!! I was right this one time back in June. You guys see it, right??? You see that I predicted something and it sort of came 10% true in a tangential way. Please like me everyone….PLEEEEAASE!!!”

Don’t forget to bookmark it so you can impress us again!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad