GDT: 2022-23 season game 59 LA Kings vs New Jersey Devils @4:00pm 2/23/23

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
No. But AI 4.0 and Durzi 1.7 traded, would bring back some picks / decent prospect and free up 5.7 million. But it seems that signing Gabe and a goalie, will take precedent. I am hoping the Summer has more than: signing Gav, Gabe and a goalie. Will require a hockey deal, though.
Why do the Kings need more pics/prospects? I thought we had a log jam of forwards who don't get playing time? And if Barbashev gets 4 mil, why do we need to trade AI and be stuck with another 48 pt player for more years? Just trade Durzi.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Why do the Kings need more pics/prospects? I thought we had a log jam of forwards who don't get playing time? And if Barbashev gets 4 mil, why do we need to trade AI and be stuck with another 48 pt player for more years? Just trade Durzi.

There's no comparison at all, comparing AI and Ivan. Ivan has been one of the best players for Vegas, 17 pts in 20 playoff games... +13 and about to possibly get his second ring. Has scored 60 points and can play center. AI topped 40 pts once...most all yrs with Kopitar.
If Barbashev played with Kopi, he may be around 70 pts...and also, if he centered Fiala.
Any GM would deal AI + Durzi for Barbashev and add a prospect or pick. STUCK? Every GM would love to be stuck with Barbashev...many a GM would not want Durzi and few would give up much for AI.

The King prospect list dwindles in quality each year, 3 years running now.
They have also jettisoned a lot of picks the last 3 years now as well.
Add that Kirsanov can't (or wont) come over a few yrs....Faber dealt,
picks sent for Andersson...Portillo, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad