GDT: 2022-23 season game 56 LA Kings vs Anaheim Ducks @6:00pm 2/17/23

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
You really wanna go there? We could do 5 pages of your dumbass predictions that go the opposite way (Danault being a ‘legit horrible signing’ is always a fan favorite).

f***ing shocked you didn’t predict the Kings would get smoked last night…those are fun too.
If I were to compile all of your terrible takes I am pretty sure I’d need to reincarnate a few more times to be able to put it all together.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
No suspension for Copley
I wasn't expecting one. Frankly the refs officiated the game poorly. 1st incident was Copley going towards the bench for a six attacker. Ducks touch the puck and I think Zegras gives a good bump to Copley at center ice. 2nd incident Copley stops a shot and holds onto the puck, yet a Duck's forward tries to poke his stick blade into Copley's body. 2 Kings player are there in Copley's defense. 3rd incident, a Ducks player sucker punches Copley in the head. At that point Copley had enough. Because the stupid refs weren't staying on top of the situation to begin with, Copley takes matters into his own hands. Copley gets kicked out of the game for punching the idiot Ducks player that sucker punched him, by punching him in the body with his blocker. Why wasn't the Ducks player kicked out of the game?

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
My god the espn crew sucked. They sidetracked a lot, had no knowledge of the teams, and the audio was pure terrible.
They always screw over the west coast games, its the freshman squad not even the JV crew they send out here, its embarrassing for ESPN. Really just garbage quality, Bally Sports level broadcasting.

Reactions: Reaper45

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Yeahh Kings need to figure out another goalie because there’s no way Quick is going to be back next year. He’s cooked.
I already stated a good solution. Copley is under contract for next season, Quick retires, you give Petersen one last chance(he'll be in the picture again if he's able to prove it) and you bring in a guy like Korpisalo to compete with Copley. Villalta should cook another year with the Reign.

Reactions: lumbergh and Sol

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
The on ice audio was cutting out to censor bad language.

I don't recall that happening before. Maybe it did, but it wasn't as noticeable.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
The on ice audio was cutting out to censor bad language.

I don't recall that happening before. Maybe it did, but it wasn't as noticeable.
ESPN has had audio issues all season. The crowd and other such noise are louder than the play-by-play/commentary. ESPN has had poor management of ESPN Hockey coverage all together. Emily Kaplan is the female version of embarrassment like Pierre McGuire was.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Before you off yourself, go into it knowing that TM is still the head coach and his team is 1 point out of the division lead. Who woulda thunk??
Ah yes, The Forbidden Todd Slurp, I know exactly where to file this one.
2023-02-15 15_27_17-Greenshot Todd 2.png

Kings Diff.png

+2 Goal Differential. A true mark of a real playoff team <3

Reactions: Little Psycho

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
You really wanna go there? We could do 5 pages of your dumbass predictions that go the opposite way (Danault being a ‘legit horrible signing’ is always a fan favorite).

f***ing shocked you didn’t predict the Kings would get smoked last night…those are fun too.
Sol nailed the Cal signing though. I recall he hated it from the moment it was announced.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Before you off yourself, go into it knowing that TM is still the head coach and his team is 1 point out of the division lead. Who woulda thunk??
TM has always been a good regular season coach and getting his team high up the standings. It's the playoffs that he chokes and sucks balls. That's his MO. Overusing & riding his vets during the regular season has a lot to do with that (last year prime example). Hopefully he's finally learned something.

Reactions: Seattle King

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I don’t know why so many Kings fans have a fantasy of Quick being a fighter. I think they want him to be “tough” even though all he’s ever done is throw cheap shots at guys in a scrum in the crease, and there’s ALWAYS a ref or some teammates nearby. It’s total fantasy, he doesn’t want to fight no matter how many fans dream about it.
The word for his is ‘feisty‘ and that has been absolutely fine.

Last edited:

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016
Yea it seems like maybe Todd changed his approach a bit also. Last year he was benching the rookies more after mistakes. Seems like they have a little bit more leeway this year.
But also putting rookies with great veterans has helped. When Byfield turns it over it doesnt end up in his own net every time like it did with Brown and AA.
Kaliyev getting powerplay time as the shooter on the right side is great this year.
Kupari has clearly been told what role to take on and hes getting there.
Kempe got put in the top six last year and has run with it. Vilardi has been good everywhere hes been put this year but this is a player that had to find it within himself to take the next step. Maybe the coaching staff told him something at the end of last season that gave him some fire to get it done.
So things have changed and that is great for all of us.
Sounds like he's been browsing on here since that's what a majority of us have been advocating for since last year

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I love Quick. If he ever really wanted to go, he would have. Copley did more last night than Quick has over his entire career.
Yup. I have no idea why people think Quick is a fighter. He is just a little bit of a pest. Copley in less than 20 games already dropped his gloves. Quick has ALWAYS had his gloves glued on tight. Copley has already shown more willingness to throw down. If Quick was as bad ass as some of you think he is/was, he’d have some fights and would have dropped his gloves at least once. He’s just a wannabe tough guy.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Yeah f**k that...Faber is "going to be " a generational Dman. Right?
No one has ever said anything remotely close to generational defenseman, not even the people like bland and KP who don’t like the trade.

But leave it to you to make up stuff that no one ever said, it’s what you do best on here. Just as projecting QB as a future PLD = calling him a bust, I guess comparing Faber to Slavin = generational defenseman.

And amazing that 3 people like your post, good job guys magnifying the fake takes from the King of them, well done.

Last edited:

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
TM has always been a good regular season coach and getting his team high up the standings. It's the playoffs that he chokes and sucks balls. That's his MO. Overusing & riding his vets during the regular season has a lot to do with that (last year prime example). Hopefully he's finally learned something.
That’s original.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
ESPN has had audio issues all season. The crowd and other such noise are louder than the play-by-play/commentary. ESPN has had poor management of ESPN Hockey coverage all together. Emily Kaplan is the female version of embarrassment like Pierre McGuire was.
To sum it up.. its absolute dog shit. Ive never experienced a worse broadcast at any time ever... that is not hyperbole.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad