GDT: 2022-23 season game 55 LA Kings vs Buffalo Sabres @7:30pm 2/13/23

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Remember two months and 20 games ago when everyone was convinced the season was over because we lost a couple games?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I was sitting pretty close so I got a good look. I think he’s pretty much everywhere. He’s skating very well and he’s creating chances from zero. Back checks very well too. He definitely hesitated with the puck though when he has an opportunity. I think it’s pretty obvious he thinks a bit too much when he has a scoring opportunity. With more confidence, and a lot of practice on his release, I think he will start racking up points. His game is on the verge of a break out, the doors cracked open.

It seems like the shooting is the last piece of the puzzle. He's developed assertiveness and decisiveness in his "i'm gonna get the puck" and "I'm about to set up my teammates," just needs the same f*** you I've got this mentality in his own shot.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
It seems like the shooting is the last piece of the puzzle. He's developed assertiveness and decisiveness in his "i'm gonna get the puck" and "I'm about to set up my teammates," just needs the same f*** you I've got this mentality in his own shot.
He's thinking too hard about getting it to his linemates...just needs to be more selfish

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
I agree. He passed up a slot shot when the game was still in doubt, but did a Savard-like spin around shot with about 2-3 minutes left in the game suggesting to me he is slowly getting more comfortable and confident.

Reactions: ru4reals and tny760

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
11-2 GF vs GA after the long break. Hope we keep this up. Nice to be unloading on teams after years of stagnate offense.

I know we are a few players away + a few prospects who need to hit their stride from getting to the contender status tier, but it won't hurt to add some playoff muscle and making us the hardest team to bounce.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The Kings look like they have now established a position as a wild card playoff team at a minimum.

The Oilers are starting to come on strong and I still think Vegas is a better team than the Kings. A lot of hockey to be played still.

Reactions: lumbergh

RonM11

Nov 2, 2021
Brea, California
I wondered if Kempe was having a game like Brown did the other day. Hears a rumour that he's part of a trade so he scores four to say not me!!!.
It's my understanding that roster players won't be involved in any Chychrun trade. And Kempe is part of the new core of this team, that would be a disastrous move on Blake's part.

• Wow
Reactions: Lt Dan

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
We won the last two games by a combined 11-2 and still have a negative goal differential. Impressive.
Because it was -10 before all of that. Here to help… :nod:

This season we finally get to see some slapshot goals from Arthur. Strangely enough it took a while. In juniors he scored goals that both the refs and red light didn’t notice. Definitely over 105 mph.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
The Kings look like they have now established a position as a wild card playoff team at a minimum.

The Oilers are starting to come on strong and I still think Vegas is a better team than the Kings. A lot of hockey to be played still.
They need to stay steady. No prolonged losing streaks. A four game win streak and Calgary is right on them.

Reactions: Schrute farms

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
He's thinking too hard about getting it to his linemates...just needs to be more selfish
It’s called role playing. Doubt that the coaches instructed him to always defer to his lone mates but he wants to learn the nuances of playing with these guys and if he has the hockey IQ we think he does, he’ll become more of an offensive threat. Book it.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
We won the last two games by a combined 11-2 and still have a negative goal differential. Impressive.
And yet we sit in 2nd place in the division....it's like magic!

Just think if we had Copley from game 1.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I'm not sure I'd say shooting is the final piece for QB. I think there's still a lot of room left for improvement in many areas. Which is a good thing because it implies upside.

That said, I thought he was making nice complimentary plays all night long.

I've always said he reminds me a bit of Malkin. A big, fast, powerful guy, who can excel playing a north/south game, but can also show surprising touch even though he doesn't always look like the shiftiest player.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm not sure I'd say shooting is the final piece for QB. I think there's still a lot of room left for improvement in many areas. Which is a good thing because it implies upside.

That said, I thought he was making nice complimentary plays all night long.

I've always said he reminds me a bit of Malkin. A big, fast, powerful guy, who can excel playing a north/south game, but can also show surprising touch even though he doesn't always look like the shiftiest player.

He's definitely still got plenty more to do--just mostly referencing he seems confident and assertive in all other areas, shot he seems to still want to defer to Kempe/Kopitar. He's always been a dual threat so once he confidently puts faith back in his shot, watch out.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
MOD

That being said he's gonna get some praise for me here but it's also worth noting recent successes also coincide with him righting the wrongs that we've been harping on all along lol

Kopitar got just over 18 min last night, Byfield is on the 1st line, Kaliyev is a key figure on the PP....like all my complaints are being addressed so if anything said poster is just gonna have to balance his TM praise with calling me and several others a genius!

Last edited by a moderator:

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
That being said he's gonna get some praise for me here but it's also worth noting recent successes also coincide with him righting the wrongs that we've been harping on all along lol

Kopitar got just over 18 min last night, Byfield is on the 1st line, Kaliyev is a key figure on the PP....like all my complaints are being addressed so if anything said poster is just gonna have to balance his TM praise with calling me and several others a genius!
Exactly 100%

The thing with TM, we could go 82-0 in the regular season and i'd still bet the farm that TM would blow it somehow in the playoffs.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
MOD

Not to mention playing Fiala off of Kopi's line and allowing Fiala to be the line driver. Some of us have been saying for a long time now that the best teams have 3 scoring lines. None of this 2 scoring lines, a checking line and energy line BS. That's dinosaur thinking. Having line balance and capable scorers on every line makes all of the difference in the world. Now stop playing Durzi on the left at some point this season, please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad