GDT: 2022-23 season game 55 LA Kings vs Buffalo Sabres @7:30pm 2/13/23

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012
When are we firing TM?
802D43E1-3DBB-4704-B49E-329E5540DBD7.jpeg

RonM11

Nov 2, 2021
Brea, California
This is what makes McClelland such a great coach. He's not thrilled with the victory; those last ten minutes were god-awful and reminded me of that abortion against Carolina.

Nevertheless, this team is finally learning to blow people out. They are most certainly becoming elite in this league and if we can get the Chychrun deal closed without giving away the farm I can see this team becoming a contender for years to come (beyond the HOF players still left on the team).

Reactions: Ghetty Green

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Um, Cough Cough Cough!

Well, there have only been 2 GM's in Kings history since the shootout was introduced and Lombardi only had 2 seasons with the 3 on 3 overtime at the tail end of his tenure. Those drastic rule changes really of changed what a win meant, hell Quick made similar comments when he overtook Vachon.

Reactions: Herby and Faterson

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Well, there have only been 2 GM's in Kings history since the shootout was introduced and Lombardi only had 2 seasons with the 3 on 3 overtime at the tail end of his tenure. Those drastic rule changes really of changed what a win meant, hell Quick made similar comments when he overtook Vachon.
All I can hear is Charlie Brown's teacher....

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
My takeaway is that the Kings were the best team at all times today.

1. Edler sucked ass
2. Copley has really good rebound control. Probably the best rebound control I’ve seen from a Kings goalie. It’s always one and done.
3. Byfield needs to seriously work on his shot and release. I know it was one of his strong suits before his draft but his shots are just straight trash right now. Needs to train with Kempe. He does every other thing well though. I’m not gonna be hyped until he starts potting goals.
4. Walker looks good and quick.
5. EDLER IS SO BAD. Always out of position because he always gets burned.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
My takeaway is that the Kings were the best team at all times today.

1. Edler sucked ass
2. Copley has really good rebound control. Probably the best rebound control I’ve seen from a Kings goalie. It’s always one and done.
3. Byfield needs to seriously work on his shot and release. I know it was one of his strong suits before his draft but his shots are just straight trash right now. Needs to train with Kempe. He does every other thing well though. I’m not gonna be hyped until he starts potting goals.
4. Walker looks good and quick.
5. EDLER IS SO BAD. Always out of position because he always gets burned.
Byfield (Flyfield) looked faster than usual tonite.. did u notice

Reactions: ru4reals

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
If they win the division, this is the year.
They definitely could win the division, its a 4 horse race and down the stretch they come! Seattle is coming back to earth - but thats the kind of team that could be a problem. Id like to see an off the radar 6'5" nasty left hand mofo get signed and come and toughen up the d-corps for playoff time.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Byfield (Flyfield) looked faster than usual tonite.. did u notice
I was sitting pretty close so I got a good look. I think he’s pretty much everywhere. He’s skating very well and he’s creating chances from zero. Back checks very well too. He definitely hesitated with the puck though when he has an opportunity. I think it’s pretty obvious he thinks a bit too much when he has a scoring opportunity. With more confidence, and a lot of practice on his release, I think he will start racking up points. His game is on the verge of a break out, the doors cracked open.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I was sitting pretty close so I got a good look. I think he’s pretty much everywhere. He’s skating very well and he’s creating chances from zero. Back checks very well too. He definitely hesitated with the puck though when he has an opportunity. I think it’s pretty obvious he thinks a bit too much when he has a scoring opportunity. With more confidence, and a lot of practice on his release, I think he will start racking up points. His game is on the verge of a break out, the doors cracked open.
nice summary - thats how i see it too.. he makes a lot of clever passes to free guys up.. e.g. created the 2 on 1 for Kopi and Kempe.. and a couple of other nice little plays

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Think the Chychrun rumors have given the team a bit more motivation?
I think that could be part of it - maybe got pumped by Brown's ceremony? whatever gets them going. I think bringing some 'big' piece is a danger to the chem this team is building... Id rather see more of a role player come here that is meat and potatoes and breaks bones in front of the net

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
LOL reading through the comments about Faust and Jim. I was sitting right behind them. I thought it was interesting that they don't actually sit next to each other like I thought they used to. They sit on opposite sides of the same booth with a divider between them but each have their own statistician/tech sitting next to them.

Well we all know who the real heroes of the game was:

Attachments

• 20230213_205704.jpg
    20230213_205704.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 2

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Still -1 in goal differential, those 2 late goals killed us. :)

yeah I was all happy until the refs started calling penalties again at 5-1, then they scored again. F-ing ref game management, won't call back to back trips after our pp goal, then call a slash late in the period and it's 5-2. still in the minus at -1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad