GDT: 2022-23 season game 52 LA Kings vs Tampa Bay Lightning @4:00pm 1/28/23

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Quicker isn't the goalie he once was,but he was a helluva goaltender at one time for these Los Angeles Kings I'll give him that much...the best ever...well I'd say no but everyone is entitled to their opinions

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
In David St Hubbins style (or was it Nigel Tufnil?) "on what day did God create Spinal Tap and couldn't He have rested that day too?"
"On what day is Dustin Brown's retirement night and can't Jonathan Quck retire that night too?"

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Quicker isn't the goalie he once was,but he was a helluva goaltender at one time for these Los Angeles Kings I'll give him that much...the best ever...well I'd say no but everyone is entitled to their opinions
What? Quick is by far the best goalie the Kings have ever had in their team history! Now his time looks to be coming to an end.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Quick's save % tonight is .833, .884 on the year. GAA is 3.34. He's #51 of 56 goalies who have played 15 games in GSAA.

You can go thru and audit all of his goals if you want, sometimes in the NHL it isn't about 'well how can you expect him to...' because he's an NHL goalie, you can't expect him to STEAL every game, but you damn sure expect him to come up with the routine saves and at least several every game he 'shouldn't.'

By every measure, Quick has not been good enough, we should not have to be talking about 'yeah but did you see the FOURTH goal'

I'm not say he hasn't had his issue, I'm saying they've played terrible in front of him, including very little goal support. Here is another game they've given him only 2 goals. That's what, 5 straight games under 3 goals for a team ranked in the top 10 in scoring?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Quick can't stop a beach ball right now!
Hey, there will be no comparsons of Quick to this guy:

ept_sports_nhl_experts-975081628-1252162348.jpg

cloutier.jpg

Last edited:

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
In David St Hubbins style (or was it Nignel Tufnil?) "on what day did God creat Spinal Tap and couldn't He have rested that day too?"
"On what day is Dustin Brown's retirement night and can't Jonathan Quck retire that night too?"
Will they bring in the top 10-11 RWingers to play for the Kings the past 50 years...not in any order Dave Taylor,Tomas Sandstrom,Serge Bernier,Mike Murphy,Jeff Carter,Mike Corrigan,Bob Nevin,Jim Fox,Glen Murray,Jari Kurri,Tony Granato,Bill(Cowboy) Flett

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm not say he hasn't had his issue, I'm saying they've played terrible in front of him, including very little goal support. Here is another game they've given him only 2 goals. That's what, 5 straight games under 3 goals for a team ranked in the top 10 in scoring?

They're probably not doing him any favors playing him against NJD, TBL right now. But he's not helping himself at all.

That's his 6th game allowing 5 or more goals.

1 shot against, 1 goal against in the 3rd period.

If the team plays tighter on their sticks with him in net, that's why.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
25C65AE3-5ABF-4D06-BBF4-EC96AFB3264D.png

Having dogshit goaltending behind you affects how you play everywhere else on the ice. Acting like there’s no correlation between Quick being arguably the second worst goalie in the league and what happens on the rest of the ice is pure sophistry.

Reactions: funky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad