GDT: 2022-23 season game 43 LA Kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @7:00pm 1/7/23

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I took my 6 year old daughter to the game last night. First hockey game. She had a blast, and had no problem screaming for the Kings when they scored lol.

Like most of you know, we’re long time Vegas natives, so I do follow and cheer for the Knights whenever they’re not playing the Kings. And man they looked bad last night. Critical divisional game and they couldn’t care less. That team has some major problems right now.

LOTS of Kings fans there.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I took my 6 year old daughter to the game last night. First hockey game. She had a blast, and had no problem screaming for the Kings when they scored lol.

Like most of you know, we’re long time Vegas natives, so I do follow and cheer for the Knights whenever they’re not playing the Kings. And man they looked bad last night. Critical divisional game and they couldn’t care less. That team has some major problems right now.

LOTS of Kings fans there.

Was gonna post the same. The Kings? Best game they've played all year after like the first 5 or so minutes. Really carried over the game vs. the Bruins and played at a high level. So awesome to see.

On the flip side, sure, part of it was the Kings playing well, but by and large that's the worst I've ever seen VGK. Mostly disengaged, rattled, no emotion really out of the human helicopter and kept that big dumb emotional baby stone in check too.

All that dog shit puck luck from early in the season came back as a horseshoe last night too, Vegas could have been up 3-0 before the Kings found their game. Credit to Copley for being unflappable, I think this season either Quick or Peterson gets rattled at those posts.

Also all aboard the Drew Doughty rollercoaster, never know on any given night this year if he's going to be the best all around dman in the league, a shutdown savant, or a sloppy lazy turnover machine with soft D.

Last night he was an absolute monster, him and Mikey were completely dismantling VGK down low.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Also all aboard the Drew Doughty rollercoaster, never know on any given night this year if he's going to be the best all around dman in the league, a shutdown savant, or a sloppy lazy turnover machine with soft D.

Last night he was an absolute monster, him and Mikey were completely dismantling VGK down low.
Drew played really well vs Boston also. The defense is so much better as a whole when hes on his game playing all those minutes.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Drew played really well vs Boston also. The defense is so much better as a whole when hes on his game playing all those minutes.
DCC4C2A7-7F71-4D4F-BFCF-A99BDDCB509B.gif

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
And I keep feeling like Byfield is one goal away from floodgates. Dude needs to pot one in the worst way and I'm pretty surprised he hasn't just gotten a rebound or something yet.

Someone earlier mentioned this is pretty much exactly how it was in the AHL and I tend to agree. The confidence just builds and builds then suddenly the dam breaks and he never looks back.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I think that’s where the inconsistency is coming from, I really think if we could trim back his minutes a little it’d really make a difference so that we see his best nightly.

Reactions: Schmooley

Brownie to Pancakes

Jul 1, 2012
CA
And I keep feeling like Byfield is one goal away from floodgates. Dude needs to pot one in the worst way and I'm pretty surprised he hasn't just gotten a rebound or something yet.

Someone earlier mentioned this is pretty much exactly how it was in the AHL and I tend to agree. The confidence just builds and builds then suddenly the dam breaks and he never looks back.
His linemates are also drought prone and don't do much playmaking. I get why they put him there and I'm grateful he's getting minutes but it could just as easily be a trickle instead of a broken dam. Here's hoping for the latter

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad