GDT: 2022-23 season Game 2 LA Kings vs Seattle Kraken @7:30pm 10/13/22

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
He looked tentative to start, that's for sure. Presumably a reaction to first 'real' game and maybe in watching everyone absolutely dumpster Durzi. But by the 3rd he was one of our best players again.

Clarke just needs to get more consistent ice time and he will get better and better. He is young/inexperienced at the NHL level, but he has already played with men during COVID and has excelled at every level.

I'm of the opinion that we need to have Durzi in the lineup. He's coachable and will be prone to certain gaffes, but the dynamic element he adds to the team is valuable. Going forward, i'd like to see:

Anderson/Doughty
Durzi/Roy
Edler/Clarke

I think you keep Durzi/Roy minutes a bit more limited to certain situations and particularly use Durzi during the PP. Walker gots to go. I don't think anyone likes losing an asset, but he just doesn't fit on this team.

If the team prioritizes structure and their defensive assignments, I think that lineup gives us the best chance to impact games. Ultimately, we still need to make that trade for the LHD and Blake may be forced to do it sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
1st line always is hemmed in the defensive zone

Even more concerning, the 2nd line looks disinterested

Edler Roy and Walker look bad.

1st pp unit spends too much time and cant even set job

Reactions: tbrown33

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Clarke just needs to get more consistent ice time and he will get better and better. He is young/inexperienced at the NHL level, but he has already played with men during COVID and has excelled at every level.

I'm of the opinion that we need to have Durzi in the lineup. He's coachable and will be prone to certain gaffes, but the dynamic element he adds to the team is valuable. Going forward, i'd like to see:

Anderson/Doughty
Durzi/Roy
Edler/Clarke

I think you keep Durzi/Roy minutes a bit more limited to certain situations and particularly use Durzi during the PP. Walker gots to go. I don't think anyone likes losing an asset, but he just doesn't fit on this team.

If the team prioritizes structure and their defensive assignments, I think that lineup gives us the best chance to impact games. Ultimately, we still need to make that trade for the LHD and Blake may be forced to do it sooner rather than later.
Bjornfot /Doughty
Durzi/Spence
Anderson/Clarke

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Fire Todd

Why isn't Walker relearning hockey on the Reign

WTF is wrong with Roy.

Scratching Durzi worked out there

Clarke looks like he got the message from the Durzi scratch. Keep your head down.

Maybe the forwards should remember they had success last year from out working other teams.

Why is Lizotte still a thing.

One weak Iafallo wrap-around from a shutout by Jones.

Why is Todd still here?

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
It's only game 2 but

31878459f060e23a64b1f182e70a3c7798b50b06.gifv

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Fire Todd

Why isn't Walker relearning hockey on the Reign

WTF is wrong with Roy.

Scratching Durzi worked out there

Clarke looks like he got the message from the Durzi scratch. Keep your head down.

Maybe the forwards should remember they had success last year from out working other teams.

Why is Lizotte still a thing.

One weak Iafallo wrap-around from a shutout by Jones.

Why is Todd still here?

Talk about a f***ed up hot take there......

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I reserve judgement until about the 10 game mark.

Kings didn't lose these games because the opposition was icing objectively better rosters, it was because everyone on the team looks dopey and low-energy.

That usually means things can turn around very quickly.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
The stuff that sucked in the "it's just the preseason" is the same stuff sucking now, so this is hardly a revelation or a new set of criticisms--just games that count, including one where we got outplayed worse than we have in a decade and one where we lost at hom by several goals to a non-playoff divisional rival that was on a B2B.

Please, feel free to enlighten us on why we should not be pessimistic rather than just going 'see you're pessimistic.'

About the only positives so far are Byfield, Vilardi, Iafallo, Kaliyev, Doughty, Clarke.
I’ll give it til game 10 or so but this team is misaligned. The defensive pairings don’t work and the top line needs to be rearranged. Danault can play with anyone and they’ll look good so maybe keep Fiala with him..

Moore - Kopitar - Kempe…. This gives you a puck hound in Moore who also drives to the net which will complete that line. I’m also worried about how much Kempe’s defensive game has fallen off

Fiala - Danault - Arvidsson … Fiala and Danault IMO can be dynamic and extremely dangerous plus KF has played with Arvy and they play well together

Iafallo - Byfield - Vilardi … has been exactly what we were hoping they’d be but AI might be going back to the top line

Reactions: YP44 and cyclones22

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas

Anderson/Doughty
Durzi/Roy
Edler/Clarke

That still doesn’t really work, Durzi has been great offensively but is an anchor defensively and he isn’t even the worse Dman, that goes to Edler who looks shot even above Roy. I don’t think Edler regained his game after last years injury. Roy has also fallen off the last 2 seasons for various reasons. Hell, Walker has look decent after missing the year but it’s only two games into the season.
Brenden Dillon is the guy I’ve wanted since last season for his defensive play, physicality and toughness and whose now available. Guys keep saying he’s older and only has two years but he’s a must have and badly needed type of player

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
He looked tentative to start, that's for sure. Presumably a reaction to first 'real' game and maybe in watching everyone absolutely dumpster Durzi. But by the 3rd he was one of our best players again.

For sure he was, but the first game nerves were all but gone by the 3rd. Pretty sure the next time he has an open shot in the slot, he's not passing it. Now that the games out of the way, he's only going to get better.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I guess it’s as good a time as any to remind everyone that Danault, Moore, and Kempe, all had career years last year. That doesn’t even include Fiala. Highly unlikely they all repeat that performance.
said the same in GDT of game 1. Early yet but i could see the team struggling in some areas (vets repeating career years) but growing in others (QB, Vilardi, Kaliyev make strides).
As long as the second piece happens I will view the team moving in the right direction, and be happy.

Martin Jones now has 20 wins against the Kings, that's 10 percent of his career wins. You can bet we'll see him 3 more times. And Soucy better get a beatdown.
All last night did was solidify the fact I want Soucy as a king

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I guess it’s as good a time as any to remind everyone that Danault, Moore, and Kempe, all had career years last year. That doesn’t even include Fiala. Highly unlikely they all repeat that performance.
Yup, if Kempe gets 25 goals and Danault gets 15 that would be more in line with what is realistic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad