GDT: 2022-23 season Game 2 LA Kings vs Seattle Kraken @7:30pm 10/13/22

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Fe9vix2VQAAmoI6

Seattle Kraken (0-0-1, 1pts, 4th in Pacific)@ Los Angeles Kings(0-1-0, 0pts, 6th in Pacific)
Staples Center | Los Angeles, CA
TIME: 7:30pm PT | TV: Bally Sports West RADIO: I Heart Radio App

REGULAR SEASON STATS
(For reference these were our team stats to end last season)
aKTceFG.png

*Lines subject to change*
**The website I use to get these doesn't have all of our players yet**

:kings
EsU5bEz.png

mnZTOyk.png

sFUax8B.png

km9nLig.png

Scratched: Jaret Anderson-Dolan, Carl Grundstrom, Sean Walker
Covid: N/A
Injured: N/A

:seattle
sP8NHVJ.png

KP8vunO.png

Injuries: Chris Driedger, Joonas Donskoi
Covid: N/A

Full credit to NHL HUT Builder and Database for EA Sports Hockey Ultimate Team for supplying the HUT Cards
Full Credit to NHL Starting Goalies, Lines, News, Fantasy Tools - Daily Faceoff for the opposing lines

R.I.P
Jfont (Jesus Fontamillas)
HF member 2002-2021​

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Alright Todd, let's see if you're going to get your job done & show up with a prepared team at puck drop. Looking for major improvements transitioning the puck from defenders to forwards.

Reactions: ricardfromage

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Re-signing Lemieux was a pretty weird choice with all the good forwards we have
Its like sending a soldier back into war after not having time to finish a surgery ... thats what the roster is like.. a work in progress. I dont think Lemieux shouldve been signed given after signing Fiala (and backlog of wings in development).. Kupari for sure could become a solid 4th liner - and would just need some boxing lessons.

Rick Knickleback

May 18, 2022
Long Beach
I didn't expect Durzi to be scratched.
I did. That pass cost us at least one point. If you're Drew Doughty, maybe you can debit your account to pay for it, but Durzi has nowhere near the capital to make a play that stupid (to use TM's word). Sit and think about. It's the right call. I know that Durzi is a bit of a wild horse and that's part of his overall game, but some hockey sense needs to prevail in high leverage situations like that, especially when he took 10+ seconds to think about it.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Low-key this is a pretty important game for the Kings tonight. Seattle is on a back to back, the Kings are coming off a very poor performance and hit the road for 5 games (4 against playoff teams) and then Tampa the first game back.

It would be nice to hit the road following a dominant win, and would be pretty bad to hit the road with consecutive divisional home losses vs non-playoff teams.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I did. That pass cost us at least one point. If you're Drew Doughty, maybe you can debit your account to pay for it, but Durzi has nowhere near the capital to make a play that stupid (to use TM's word). Sit and think about. It's the right call. I know that Durzi is a bit of a wild horse and that's part of his overall game, but some hockey sense needs to prevail in high leverage situations like that, especially when he took 10+ seconds to think about it.
Kinda stems back to a big problem (for me at least). A young player like Durzi makes a terrible play, he gets scratched. A veteran makes a terrible play (or has a rough stretch of games) and he'll get time to "work through it."

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Kinda stems back to a big problem (for me at least). A young player like Durzi makes a terrible play, he gets scratched. A veteran makes a terrible play (or has a rough stretch of games) and he'll get time to "work through it."
Like Rick implied, this is bigger than a 'terrible play'. OP was kind by saying 10+ seconds...Durzi was jerking off with the puck for 20+ seconds before he made the dumbest pass imaginable with zero pressure to boot. It's a good lesson to learn, there are consequences. Most vets have earned the right to be excused for a mistake that bad -- rookies have not.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I agree with this.

At the same time, that bad play was only one of a few he made in game 1, that was just the most visible. He had issues all night with risky plays and not being aware of who was on the ice for the opposition. I thought he was surprisingly good positionally, which is where he usually struggles.

I'm sure conditioning played at least some part. I was pretty excited after Durzi's first period, but he really fell apart as the game went on. Lack of O2 to the brain.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00