GDT: 2022-23 Season Finale game 82 LA Kings vs Anaheim Ducks @7:00pm 4/13/23

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Would have been nice if #17 did something about it
As much as he sucks, it would have been nice to not have Lizotte and Kaliyev out there the next shift when you know the Ducks are going to be looking to get rough.

Sure, last change and all but then put MacEwen out there the next shift and just get it over with if Carrick wants to prove something. Instead, he rolls the 3rd line out there so Dallas "I won't be here tomorrow" Eakins rolls his toughness out.

The Ducks are a sorry team but they even bullied the Kings this season and Copley was the only person to do anything about it. Kempe has to fight his own battles. The f***ing goalie has to fight his own battles. It's embarrassing.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Last night was another example. When was the last time you saw a boarding call, with injury and blood not called a major? This came the very next shift after Zegras went all cry baby and started shit . Kaliyev got crosschecked 3x during the faceoff, then hunted down by the same guy and drilled in the head. Yet no major, it was a minor and a game misconduct. 5 v 5. Todd should've blasted Ekens for gooning it up or at the refs for letting it escalate like this.
Todd should've put #17 out the next shift after the Zegras thing. Todd's an idiot. Why is this guy in the lineup if he isn't going to be used properly?

Kudos to the Ducks for going haywire when all someone did was give their best player a little shove from behind. They said they may be the worst team in the league but you can't get away with that.

Kings said we are going to the playoffs but we aren't going to try to protect our players from injury after one of us lit the fuse in the first place.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Herby, I feel like you are doing here what you hate others doing--taking the worst case scenario (or most radical posts) to ignore the main point. It is a fact that other teams have injured several important Kings with blatant to borderline dirty plays with very little to no push back from the Kings in any way--either at the time or later on.

Also, other Kings have received cheap shots with very little to no push back from the Kings in any way. This has happened all year, and previous years but especially this year.

You say you watch a lot of games. If so, you see other teams hitting back in response to something as minor as their goalie getting touched or a guy getting cross-checked after the whistle. Teams like the Bruins, Lightning, Wild, Oilers, Knights, Rangers would all have an immediate response to an incident like McDavid on Anderson or Bonino on Fiala.

The culture of all organizations (companies, families, clubs, etc.) flow from the top down. The Kings captain is a brilliant two-way HOF player but he is not an aggressive man. Plus the coach has never been known to be have physically reactive teams. As such the Kings culture is to not respond aggressively back when aggressed against.

This passive reaction to cheap shots and dirty play against the Kings gets very old to us long-time fans because we know if we were treating almost any other team that way, the other team would respond back immediately and aggressively.
Yup, he’s ignoring the main point unfortunately. I know he’s not known for strawmanning but here he is. He would refuse to address my points.

He’s arguing for cowardice and he knows it.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
But I am only arguing the radical points, and Sol is continuing to defending the radical points, that is why he tagged me in this thread. It seems that people like you and others are ignoring that is what the disagreement is about.

You are building a strawman that I just think the Kings should sit back and take it, which I am not saying. I am saying that no team in the NHL is responding to cheapshots (and every team gets cheap shots) by going Bobby Clarke/Valeri Karlamov and intentionally attempting to injure the other teams best players with premeditated intent to injure attacks. Sol knows this is my point of disagreement and he continues to say that the Kings should be different than every other team in the NHL and tags me in these posts to start disagreement because I feel differently. If Sol just thinks the Kings should play tougher, or field s tougher lineup that would be one thing, but he doesn't, he would love nothing more for the Kings to deliberately injure Connor McDavid in Game 1 of this series.

BTW just for clarity and how this whole disagreement started...this is what I responded to.

"After the whistle, just skate up to McDavid and crosscheck him in the jaw so hard he is pulling pieces of carbon out of his chest cavity"

"I don't care if Kopitar is injured and taken out in response, the Oilers are a one-man team and the Kings aren't, we can handle losing Kopitar more than they can handle losing McDavid"

Are these the kind of comments that you agree with @psych3man ?
This is what you want to see happen on the ice?

Because these are the comments that started this debate.
In your ironic strawman argument, my point has been if McDavid got taken out I’d understand why. You are refusing to understand why someone would do that.

My point is it follows logic, you deny that. You don’t seem to care about the players the Kings are losing due to numerous dirty plays but here you are in your worst form trying to defend the perpetrators and failing miserably at it.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
In your ironic strawman argument, my point has been if McDavid got taken out I’d understand why. You are refusing to understand why someone would do that.

My point is it follows logic, you deny that. You don’t seem to care about the players the Kings are losing due to numerous dirty plays but here you are in your worst form trying to defend the perpetrators and failing miserably at it.

I’m not. I am arguing that your solution is unheard of in the NHL and if it were to happen wild result in more injuries to Kings players, which apparently doesn’t matter because McDavid is better than AK.

Others such as BigKing can say they’d prefer to see things handled by having a tougher lineup or better utilizing the players in game, which is things other teams actually do. You are arguing for things that simply don’t happen in NHL hockey in the 21st century. And don’t care whatsoever to the consequences of any of your ideas.

Since I answered yours. Would you be ok with intentionally injuring McDavid if you knew it would result in Edmonton doing the same to Kopitar or Doughty?

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I’m not. I am arguing that your solution is unheard of in the NHL and if it were to happen wild result in more injuries to Kings players, which apparently doesn’t matter because McDavid is better than AK.

Others such as BigKing can say they’d prefer to see things handled by having a tougher lineup or better utilizing the players in game, which is things other teams actually do. You are arguing for things that simply don’t happen in NHL hockey in the 21st century. And don’t care whatsoever to the consequences of any of your ideas.

Since I answered yours. Would you be ok with intentionally injuring McDavid if you knew it would result in Edmonton doing the same to Kopitar or Doughty?
1. Passing opinion as fact.

2. Passing opinion as fact. Oilers fans were calling for Andersons head and he got boarded in the first shift. I’m not saying McDavid reads the boards but it’s obvious that the oilers have Anderson on their shit list.

3. They took out Anderson and Fiala. And Fiala has been the best player this year on the Kings. So if it’s already happening, I would completely understand for someone to give it back.

I don’t know why you keep harping on Kopitar and Doughty being taken out in some terrible argument when already Fiala,Vilardi, and Anderson all got taken out intentionally in less than a month.

Since I answered your question, would you be mad at Anderson for taking out McDavid. Be honest, how would you feel about that?

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Remember when Tkachuk gave Doughty the cold shoulder and Lombardi came down and gave it to the team.

This is what happened next game…

Where is this type of attitude?

“It’s not heard of in the NHL” according to Herby because he is in all locker rooms and meetings. He’s omnipresent. I’m not trying to clown on your Herby but stop acting like you know what is said in the locker rooms. They took out Anderson in the first shift. A player the oilers hate. Let’s be real. Stop passing that opinion as fact. You have no idea what is said in the locker rooms.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
Would you be ok with intentionally injuring McDavid if you knew it would result in Edmonton doing the same to Kopitar or Doughty?
If McDavid is intentionally injured, and the retaliation is injuring Kopitar/Doughty, then there must be mutually assured destruction where the hockey game turns into a serious of battery charges. If it doesn’t turn into MAD, then it’s not worth injuring McDavid for an injured Kopi/Doughty.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Remember when Tkachuk gave Doughty the cold shoulder and Lombardi came down and gave it to the team.

This is what happened next game…

Where is this type of attitude?

All I see is a lot of standing and talking. I'm not sure the post-Cup years Kings are a shining example of the team toughness this version should be aspiring to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad