GDT: 2022-23 Season Finale game 82 LA Kings vs Anaheim Ducks @7:00pm 4/13/23

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Los Angeles Kings(46-25-10, 102pts, 3rd in Pacific)@ Anaheim Ducks(23-46-12, 58pts, Last in Pacific)
Honda Center | Anaheim, CA
TIME: 7:00pm PT | TV: Bally Sports West RADIO: I Heart Radio App

REGULAR SEASON STATS

45Muj3k.png

*Lines subject to change*
**The website I use to get these doesn't have all of our players yet**

:kings

PfbUOd4.png

B18Uzlo.png

5zCpE1v.png

IH3g41q.png

Scratched: Zach MacEwan, Tobias Bjornfot, Alex Laferriere
Covid: N/A
Injured: Gabriel Vilardi, Kevin Fiala, Alex Edler

:ducks

KfoZ2Wb.png

gr4SLFQ.png

Injuries: Jaime Drysdale, Anthony Stolarz, Urho Vaakanainen
Covid: N/A

Full credit to NHL HUT Builder and Database for EA Sports Hockey Ultimate Team for supplying the HUT Cards
Full Credit to NHL Starting Goalies, Lines, News, Fantasy Tools - Daily Faceoff for the opposing lines

R.I.P
Jfont (Jesus Fontamillas)
HF member 2002-2022​

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
The Ducks -127 goal differential is kind of Amazing.

In 2018-19 the Kings had the worst differential in the NHL at -61.

-127 is the worst differential of the cap era, and the worst since 1999-00 when the Atlanta Thrashers were -143.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
The Ducks -127 goal differential is kind of Amazing.

In 2018-19 the Kings had the worst differential in the NHL at -61.

-127 is the worst differential of the cap era, and the worst since 1999-00 when the Atlanta Thrashers were -143.
i was shocked when they hit -100 a couple weeks back, just been steady freefall

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I think the Ducks will be turning the corner this offseason. No way they bring Eakins back, and with all their capspace they'll surely be bringing in some more complementary pieces to help their young guys. And if they get Bedard, that's really going to suck for us. Having Bedard and McDavid in our division is going to be brutal.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I think the Ducks will be turning the corner this offseason. No way they bring Eakins back, and with all their capspace they'll surely be bringing in some more complementary pieces to help their young guys. And if they get Bedard, that's really going to suck for us. Having Bedard and McDavid in our division is going to be brutal.
True - but the other way to look at it is we get to see some of the best talent play against us which will make for more entertaining games.. In the cap era seems the generational star could knee cap (pun) the team because of the salary they will be able to demand...McDavid salary isnt so bad for EDM at 15%, but lets say Bedard ends up demanding something like 20% of the cap, that could make it hard to put together a winning roster. Id still rather have him than not, but there are downsides.

Reactions: KickHisAssZegrass

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Happy that you are finally on board! ;)
One time only :laugh:

I'll be honest I don't actually mind the Kings as much as I probably should. I've met and been friends with a lot of great Kings fans over the years and you guys have some great members on these boards. And it's always easy to jointly laugh at the only California team without a cup.

So cheers on a great season (genuinely impressed at how quickly the Kings turned things around) and let's enjoy rooting for the win win.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

The last game draft butterfly effect is real

recall when the Kings beat the Sens before the covid lockout...Kings dropped from 2nd to last to 4th to last on that win alone, putting us out of the top 3...then we WON UP to 2

Jury is still out on whether the hockey gods are punishing us or doing us a favor for that

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009

recall when the Kings beat the Sens before the covid lockout...Kings dropped from 2nd to last to 4th to last on that win alone, putting us out of the top 3...then we WON UP to 2

Jury is still out on whether the hockey gods are punishing us or doing us a favor for that

There are a lot of interesting things that could happen today. If the Ducks beat the Kings, the Kraken beat the Knights, and the Oilers beat the Sharks, then Edmonton could win the Western Conference, the Knights would play the Kraken in the first round (after finishing the season against them with a home and home), and the Kings would drop to the first wildcard and play the top seed in the Central. That would also push the Ducks higher in the standings than Chicago and San Jose, potentially netting them the 4th-worst record rather than the best odds in the lottery.

Or the Kings, Knights, and Oilers win, and everything looks the same as it did last year for us against Edmonton.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
True - but the other way to look at it is we get to see some of the best talent play against us which will make for more entertaining games.. In the cap era seems the generational star could knee cap (pun) the team because of the salary they will be able to demand...McDavid salary isnt so bad for EDM at 15%, but lets say Bedard ends up demanding something like 20% of the cap, that could make it hard to put together a winning roster. Id still rather have him than not, but there are downsides.

Forget Bednar, Zegras will be demanding 10-12 plus on his next deal .it's going to be ugly this summer, especially how cheap the Samuals are.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

wished they'd explain how we fell 3 spots and Chicago moved up 5 to get Kane.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com

Lol.. as I recall tmac had them on a 5 game heater to end the season

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
It won't be so bad....cause east coast media will conveniently forget to watch and just look at +/- the next day and write "what's the big deal?"

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
i wonder if the Ducks players/coaches got yelled at for the two times they gained one point for OT losses over the last 10 game stretch. Otherwise, their Tank effort has been very strong.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
There are a lot of interesting things that could happen today. If the Ducks beat the Kings, the Kraken beat the Knights, and the Oilers beat the Sharks, then Edmonton could win the Western Conference, the Knights would play the Kraken in the first round (after finishing the season against them with a home and home), and the Kings would drop to the first wildcard and play the top seed in the Central. That would also push the Ducks higher in the standings than Chicago and San Jose, potentially netting them the 4th-worst record rather than the best odds in the lottery.

Or the Kings, Knights, and Oilers win, and everything looks the same as it did last year for us against Edmonton.

If there ever was a time to beat the Avs, it would be in the 1st round.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
i wonder if the Ducks players/coaches got yelled at for the two times they gained one point for OT losses over the last 10 game stretch. Otherwise, their Tank effort has been very strong.
Not that I want to keep invading a rival board but I got more likes on my last post lol.

I wouldn't agree with this. It's been nerve wracking since the Calgary game. The Ducks almost took the Flames to OT and had significant chunks of the game where they outplayed Calgary. Ditto the Canucks game (Demko is the only reason Anaheim didn't win), and in those OT losses they were playing their asses off and kept things very close.

I expect the Ducks to lay it all out and try to get a moral victory but I'm hoping your boys save them from themselves.

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
Not that I want to keep invading a rival board but I got more likes on my last post lol.

I wouldn't agree with this. It's been nerve wracking since the Calgary game. The Ducks almost took the Flames to OT and had significant chunks of the game where they outplayed Calgary. Ditto the Canucks game (Demko is the only reason Anaheim didn't win), and in those OT losses they were playing their asses off and kept things very close.

I expect the Ducks to lay it all out and try to get a moral victory but I'm hoping your boys save them from themselves.

You're always welcome if it's not to troll ♥️

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad