Speculation: 2022-23 Roster Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If we got Bedard we could STACK the first PP unit with young talent in a way that would be the envy of the entire league. We'd still be coached to like 31st in the league for PP% though.

The fact that the top unit which is loaded with talent has not scored since like early March says it all.

Granted though, Terry and Rico have been in and out of the line up the last couple of months, but even when healthy, the PP was not getting the results it should.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017

Oof size large on the #1 slot. Imagine the Canucks if they didn't have $12M tied up in that pairing, Jim Benning is a hockey terrorist.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Oof size large on the #1 slot. Imagine the Canucks if they didn't have $12M tied up in that pairing, Jim Benning is a hockey terrorist.

I’m more surprised with Miller - Trouba on that list. They have had issues but not among worst in the league.

Reactions: Kalv

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
5226DB4E-AF14-437C-A0D4-8745D13498E1.jpeg

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think there is a good chance that the Ducks sign Grant for another year and have both on the team. At the least Groulx can replace Megna, and could do a good deal more.

This is where we need to start moving on from some players like Comtois, Megna, Leason, and Carrick, and start to add players like Groulx, Regenda, Nesterenko, and etc.

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
This is where we need to start moving on from some players like Comtois, Megna, Leason, and Carrick, and start to add players like Groulx, Regenda, Nesterenko, and etc.
At the very least there needs to be a bit more competition for these spots, instead of rotating between the same 3-4 fourth line players.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
At the very least there needs to be a bit more competition for these spots, instead of rotating between the same 3-4 fourth line players.

Bringing in younger guys to compete for spots, so I expect things to be interesting at least. This competition is what we need.

Firequacker

used wall of text! It's not very effective...
Jun 3, 2022
I think there is a good chance that the Ducks sign Grant for another year and have both on the team. At the least Groulx can replace Megna, and could do a good deal more.
Grant has definitely been playing like a guy who wants to keep his job, and it's interesting that at least so far he hasn't even been in the scratch rotation despite his age and contract status. And his versatility is a lot more valuable on a team with shaky depth and a lot of moving pieces... the depth should be better next year but still a lot of question marks. Could do way worse than giving him another year.
Also one of the longest-tenured Ducks now, depending how you count things. That's weird to think about.

I'm kind of curious that we haven't seen more of Gawdin. He was a coveted enough get to give him a partially one-way contract, but spent nearly all of it in San Diego.

Reactions: robbieboy3686
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Grant has definitely been playing like a guy who wants to keep his job, and it's interesting that at least so far he hasn't even been in the scratch rotation despite his age and contract status. And his versatility is a lot more valuable on a team with shaky depth and a lot of moving pieces... the depth should be better next year but still a lot of question marks. Could do way worse than giving him another year.
Also one of the longest-tenured Ducks now, depending how you count things. That's weird to think about.

I'm kind of curious that we haven't seen more of Gawdin. He was a coveted enough get to give him a partially one-way contract, but spent nearly all of it in San Diego.
Yeah Gawdin's signing was supposedly a bit of a coup. But he's been a pretty generic AHL top 6 guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad