2022-23 Roster Discussion

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I get the sense that Ehlers and Wheeler would like to play together, the way the team is constructed. Both had to rehab from injury together. In a way they offset each other, speed with size. If Namestnikov can play a game that complements them, maybe the Jets find a way to win without Dubois. Even put him on the 4th line like Maurice did in the playoffs in 2021. To push him.
Ehlers shot differentials with his most common linemate's:

1) 64% Corsi playing RW with Connor & Dubois
2) 62% Corsi playing LW with Wheeler & Dubois
3) 55% Corsi playing RW with Connor & Scheifele
4) 50% Corsi playing LW with Wheeler & Scheifele

Also of note is that every one of Ehlers linemates has a better Corsi% with him than away from him.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021
Ehlers shot differentials with his most common linemate's:

1) 64% Corsi playing RW with Connor & Dubois
2) 62% Corsi playing LW with Wheeler & Dubois
3) 55% Corsi playing RW with Connor & Scheifele
4) 50% Corsi playing LW with Wheeler & Scheifele

Also of note is that every one of Ehlers linemates has a better Corsi% with him than away from him.

Ehlers really hard to play with... almost as hard as playing without him lol

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
idk why there was so much uproar with namestnikov acquisition? i think he's been solid, and has actually filled in v nicely as a 2C in the FLA trip. i don't think he's a viable season-long option as 2C/top-6er, however he's filled in there nicely for us, & when in TB. at the minimum id say he's an average to above-average bottom-6er for us, and given he can mesh well with skilled players is another boon for us. i don't think we had that if we had a top-6c injury this year.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
idk why there was so much uproar with namestnikov acquisition? i think he's been solid, and has actually filled in v nicely as a 2C in the FLA trip. i don't think he's a viable season-long option as 2C/top-6er, however he's filled in there nicely for us, & when in TB. at the minimum id say he's an average to above-average bottom-6er for us, and given he can mesh well with skilled players is another boon for us. i don't think we had that if we had a top-6c injury this year.

I think he’s looked great. Smart, efficient player who as you note seems to be able to play anywhere and with anyone.

A true utility player.

If I’m Chevy I’m taking some of the savings from the Pionk buyout / trade :popcorn: and using it on a short term deal for Names.

Reactions: surixon

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I think he’s looked great. Smart, efficient player who as you note seems to be able to play anywhere and with anyone.

A true utility player.

If I’m Chevy I’m taking some of the savings from the Pionk buyout / trade :popcorn: and using it on a short term deal for Names.
not sure how much they're hurting for cap-space next year. and what gives you the impression they will move Pionk? and replace with who?

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
The lineup I would start againts the Prunes...

Nino Scheif Ehlers
KC Dubois Wheeler
Barron Names Apples
Gus Lowry Stenlund

JMo DD
Samberg Schmidt
Dillon Pionk (somewhay sheltered)

Helle

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
since we do not really have an OFFENSE THREAD

for reference - sh% across the NHL is average of 10.1%

game-5 and onward is a previous 5-game average

1679950763577.png

similarly if you're an xGF follower. orange above blue is v good.

1679950947709.png

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
since we do not really have an OFFENSE THREAD

for reference - sh% across the NHL is average of 10.1%

game-5 and onward is a previous 5-game average

View attachment 676990

similarly if you're an xGF follower. orange above blue is v good.

View attachment 676991
Interesting post, so our shooting % is way below league average the last 1/3 of the season or so and our xGF is way above our actual goals. Seems to me if we can get this back in line and Helly gets hot we may be a team that can surprise in the playoffs.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Interesting post, so our shooting % is way below league average the last 1/3 of the season or so and our xGF is way above our actual goals. Seems to me if we can get this back in line and Helly gets hot we may be a team that can surprise in the playoffs.
How do you see it getting back in line? Its not puck luck that has the Jets down... its the fact that we shoot from the perimeter and don't crash the net - hard to believe that this team will suddenly start doing that

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
How do you see it getting back in line? Its not puck luck that has the Jets down... its the fact that we shoot from the perimeter and don't crash the net - hard to believe that this team will suddenly start doing that
1/27 on the pp or some shit like that right? It just can't be this bad

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
This is what I called for 2 games ago, so I am interested to see if two disinterested players together can generate offense in some kind of reverse polarity.

I am surprised that a losing lineup has become so static though.

Lines and D pairs:

Connor-Dubois-Scheifele
Ehlers-Namestnikov-Wheeler
Niederreiter-Lowry-Appleton
Barron-Stenlund-Maenalanen
Kuhlman-Gustafsson-Jonsson-Fjallby

Morrissey-DeMelo
Dillon-Pionk
Samberg-Schmidt
Stanley-Capobianco

Hellebuyck
Rittich