Prospect Info: 2022-23 Prospect Development Tracker

Jul 4, 2010
New Brunswick
Is it just me or are we really deep with defenseman in the organization for next season? Looking at the possibilities in Texas next season:

One of Bayreuther/Hanley (if no trades take place, and we roll 7 D in Dallas)
Bichsel
Kyrou
White
Grushnikov
Petrovic
Pouliot
Rosberg

wrong forum for this but it does make me wonder if a trade is coming....

Reactions: LT

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
Is it just me or are we really deep with defenseman in the organization for next season? Looking at the possibilities in Texas next season:

One of Bayreuther/Hanley (if no trades take place, and we roll 7 D in Dallas)
Bichsel
Kyrou
White
Grushnikov
Petrovic
Pouliot
Rosberg

wrong forum for this but it does make me wonder if a trade is coming....
i found it interesting that in the nill ticket interview the other day that he mentioned bichsel and kyrou, but not grushnikov

Reactions: 506

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
i found it interesting that in the nill ticket interview the other day that he mentioned bichsel and kyrou, but not grushnikov

He had a pretty forgettable year for Hamilton. Yea he had a big postseason, but three goals in six games isn't exactly his MO.

I like the kid, but his presence speaks to Dallas' lack of defensive depth now that Harley's graduated. Minnetian has me super pumped. Way more than Bertucci. But I'm glad Dallas has both.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Anyone need a new profile pic?
1689202901177.png

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Arno should be a standout, he may have been the oldest player there.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
According to Swedish media Lian Bichsel is back in Sweden on the ice practicing with Rögle BK. Not sure why he'd do this if he's planning on playing for the Texas Stars. We'll have to see but it might have been fake news by the athletic.

Last edited:
Reactions: redbeardtx

serp

Jan 17, 2016
According to Swiss media the swedish team is the backup plan if he's showing himself still too far away for big AHL minutes . They don't want him to play ECHL.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
According to Swiss media the swedish team is the backup plan if he's showing himself still too far away for big AHL minutes . They don't want him to play ECHL.

Jokes aside, after catching up on the matter apparently the Rögle rumor has been out there for weeks and Bichsel was always gonna return to Europe if he doesn't make the NHL team...which isn't gonna happen anyway coming off a serious injury and having missed lots of time with injuries over the last couple of years. He's not gonna make an already loaded Stars defense.

Based on that, I fully expect Bichsel to play for Rögle this season but I don't know if we're gonna get an announcement ahead of the NHL camp. I guess not. The loan is probably in place but the deal won't get signed until Bichsel is cut.

The Athletic clowns talking out their ass once again.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I mean i would think the team would be ok with Bichsel playing a big role on the AHL roster but how many veterans the team has on the blueline next year and with other prospects coming in that also seems unlikely. He could absolutely randomly surpise but there's really close to zero chance he plays in NA next year.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Pouliout , Rosburg , Petrovic and eventually Bayreuther + AHL vet Karow and there's undrafted FA Ben Zloty and then there Kyriou , White and Grushnikov .

None of those guys are worldbeaters but Stars made plans for Bichsel to play in Sweden if he can't beat out those guys this year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad