Speculation: 2022-23 Management/Coaching/Ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
This guy strangely has a lot of jersey info.

I imagine it’s in a weird spot because, for whatever reason, Fanatics wants to keep jerseys the same for two years before making any kind of major changes.

It also might just mean waiting a year. Adidas wasn’t really restrictive in what teams were allowed to do but the one area they were, at the collar, can change a lot more than one might think at first, especially with the way Adidas went about it. So either way it always makes more sense to wait until you don’t have to abide by that.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
The team logos during the Samueli ownership period have just been awful. The 90s logo is iconic, just stick with it and get rid of the D foot already.
Remake a Mighty Ducks kids TV show, maybe even a movie, bring back the logo, sell infinite apparel and get new fans, make all the fans happy and make a lot of money.

Is there some kind of dispute with Disney or do the Ducks own all the rights? Edit. There definitely isn't and Samueli's hold the rights to Mighty Ducks logo, so just use it, jesus.

Last edited:

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Remake a Mighty Ducks kids TV show, maybe even a movie, bring back the logo, sell infinite apparel and get new fans, make all the fans happy and make a lot of money.

Is there some kind of dispute with Disney or do the Ducks own all the rights? Edit. There definitely isn't and Samueli's hold the rights to Mighty Ducks logo, so just use it, jesus.
They have really been pushing the Mighty Ducks logo hard recently. I have to think they want to change the logo, and if they don't, they are idiots. It sounds like the issue at the moment might be the fact that Fanatics is taking over NHL jerseys for the 2024-2025 season and there might be some reluctance on the Fanatics/NHL side of making a huge jersey change right before Adidas' final season. It's dumb, but I can definitely see that being a problem.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
They have really been pushing the Mighty Ducks logo hard recently. I have to think they want to change the logo, and if they don't, they are idiots. It sounds like the issue at the moment might be the fact that Fanatics is taking over NHL jerseys for the 2024-2025 season and there might be some reluctance on the Fanatics/NHL side of making a huge jersey change right before Adidas' final season. It's dumb, but I can definitely see that being a problem.
You know that makes perfect sense. Thank you.

It is also something that should not be done halfassed. They need to put everything in it. It is just such a huge opportunity to grab the attention and make money. There needs to be a concentrated effort while the change is fresh. Preparation should take more time than a few months if they do it right.

Reactions: duxfan1101

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
The team logos during the Samueli ownership period have just been awful. The 90s logo is iconic, just stick with it and get rid of the D foot already.
The 05-06 3rds were amazing.

If I had to stackrank Ducks jerseys they would be 3rd or 4th for me.

1. 18-19 25th anniversary 3rds
2. The OG jerseys
3/4 : The 22-23 Reverse Retro
3/4: 03-06 3rds
5. The orange 3rds

edit: I guess that logo wasnt created during the ownership period so not sure if that counts.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
The 05-06 3rds were amazing.

If I had to stackrank Ducks jerseys they would be 3rd or 4th for me.

1. 18-19 25th anniversary 3rds
2. The OG jerseys
3/4 : The 22-23 Reverse Retro
3/4: 03-06 3rds
5. The orange 3rds

edit: I guess that logo wasnt created during the ownership period so not sure if that counts.
I'd toss these in the mix as well:

1686347146266.png

Reactions: lwvs84

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
I wish the NHL was more lax with jerseys.

in NBA you can basically do whatever you want. You have Wizards wearing old jerseys, new jerseys, making new ones with different colors. Ducks would be perfect if they had a set of the old look and new look throughout the long 82 game season.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I wish the NHL was more lax with jerseys.

in NBA you can basically do whatever you want. You have Wizards wearing old jerseys, new jerseys, making new ones with different colors. Ducks would be perfect if they had a set of the old look and new look throughout the long 82 game season.
The NHL isn’t nearly as rigid as the Ducks make them seem. The Leafs wear a special St.Pats jersey every year and the Kings and Canucks used to wear retro jerseys in certain games until the Canucks made theirs a 3rd jersey and the Kings went a different way. I’m guessing they could almost certainly wear one of the Mighty Ducks jerseys if they really wanted to.

Reactions: Hamilton Bulldogs

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
The NHL isn’t nearly as rigid as the Ducks make them seem. The Leafs wear a special St.Pats jersey every year and the Kings and Canucks used to wear retro jerseys in certain games until the Canucks made theirs a 3rd jersey and the Kings went a different way. I’m guessing they could almost certainly wear one of the Mighty Ducks jerseys if they really wanted to.
Yeah, Ducks are stricter than the Yankees with the uniforms.

Shame since they have a ton to work with.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
If they were smart, they’d rebrand and take more of my money.
The way they have been pushing the old logo lately makes me think that's exactly what they will do. Rumors are that the Fanatics deal might be putting it on hold. I have a hard time believing they have no desire to change it.

Reactions: Kalv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna