Speculation: 2022-23 Management/Coaching/Ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015

So does this mean we get Craig and Ryan Johnson? I actually asked him that about 6 months ago and he smirked and said it could be a great opportunity.

Craig is a great guy. Very technically smart and a great leader/professional/role model for the kids. There is a reason why his kid's greatest strength was skating. Pastujov needs to move in with Craig and his family.

Reactions: bsu

Cogsfordogs7

May 20, 2017
It builds a good culture when local and former players are welcomed back. I coached at Westminster Ice when Etem, Beau Bennett, and Matt Nieto were on a peewee team together. I was happy to see la Mirada local Chase De Leo resigned this week.

Reactions: Static

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
On hiring Craig Johnson as an assistant coach

For Anaheim and Craig Johnson, at some point here over the next couple years, we're gonna start inserting younger players into our lineup. And I don't subscribe to, once you've made the NHL, development time's over. Craig comes with an extensive background in development that was what I was looking for to add to the assistant coaching group. A lot of times coaching staffs get really bogged down with the daily minutia of video and preparing for the next game. And I want to make sure these players who are younger don't miss out on going through video, going through on-ice scenarios, working with Craig after practice on a lot of different elements of their game. So to me, that's going to be an important role for our team moving forward.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
WHL legend.

He was a hard worker, it seemed. Glad to see he's back with the Ducks, especially because he's a local guy
I went out with a girl that was friends with his sister. She said his partying and lack of work ethic contributed to his NHL decline.

Reactions: Kalv and AngelDuck

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
There were a few issues. Etem also had no deception and complexity to his game at all. He had no ways of relieving pressure and creating space for himself and puck in the NHL. NHL dmen can handle fast perimeter players with minimal deception in their sleep.

Reactions: Kalv

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Etem was the definition of only North/South speed and no East/West game. Jones is the same way, same with Ritchie (to a slower level), they just don't have any mobility skating east/west. Guhle had the same problem and many before that. Agility and deception is so important these days. When you watch Zegras and the way he can 4 way skate, he has "hockey" hips he can receive passes from any angle at any speed at any direction.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
He also had poor hands and a below average shot, something that just doesn’t work when you’re trying to be a goal scorer in the NHL. His hands were worse than Cogs for example.

Reactions: Paul4587

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
I went out with a girl that was friends with his sister. She said his partying and lack of work ethic contributed to his NHL decline.
I kinda doubt his work ethic was bad based on how he made it to the NHL and the amount of work he did as just a kid to get there. He wasn’t really handed any opportunities.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017

Just putting this here, but no more teaford. I'll cry some crocodile tears for the guy who never seemed much interested in the team he covered.

Still better than nothing.... lol How can we have even less coverage... literally amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad