Line Combos: 2022/23 Lineup Projections

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Giroux if a perimeter player. He’s an excellent Kyle Turris, can make all the passes from the outside, but he’s still on the outside

Hard pass on Giroux. To come to Florida and just play on the outside made me see he’ll never be interested in a rough and tumble game. He’s not a player that can grow morale for a young team because he’d be the guy on the outside of every scrum looking in. Not a fit for the spirit of this team

You serious with this post? I am legit asking here. No way you're serious.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
You serious with this post? I am legit asking here. No way you're serious.

It’s what I see. wasn’t impressed; he makes nice plays and can make beautiful passes and I see the talent and skill, but his game is built around being on the outside.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
It’s what I see. wasn’t impressed; he makes nice plays and can make beautiful passes and I see the talent and skill, but his game is built around being on the outside.
Wait till the playoffs start.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Did you see how he drove the net and was robbed by Forsberg? He literally drove the net hard. I am baffled. This what happens when someone makes observation from 1 game.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Enthusiasm is high in here, and hope springs eternal I suppose. I see a lot of projected lineups with players we don't even have on our team. I hope all that works out, but we do have Melnyk and his limited ability (or desire) to spend and Dorion. Hope for the best, but plan for reality I guess.

Reactions: Cosmix

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Enthusiasm is high in here, and hope springs eternal I suppose. I see a lot of projected lineups with players we don't even have on our team. I hope all that works out, but we do have Melnyk and his limited ability (or desire) to spend and Dorion. Hope for the best, but plan for reality I guess.
I dunno if we can keep talking about Melynk's cheapness when he let Dorion use millions on Stepan, Gudbranson,Zaitsev,Brown, Hamonic etc(tho Hamonic has played well so far tbh)

Reactions: NB613

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I dunno if we can keep talking about Melynk's cheapness when he let Dorion use millions on Stepan, Gudbranson,Zaitsev,Brown, Hamonic etc(tho Hamonic has played well so far tbh)
Ya, the problem is more complex. It includes a smaller budget as well as squandered money.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
They need to upgrade on White & Zaitsev

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Stutzle - Pinto - C. Brown
Formenton - White - Joseph
Kelly - Kastelic - Watson/Sokolov

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Hamonic
Holden - Zaitsev/Brann/Thomson/JBD

Forsberg - Murray/Gustavsson

Reactions: Sweatred

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Tkachuk Norris Batherson
Fiala Stu Giroux
Formenton Pinto Brown
Watson Kelly Joseph

Chabot Hamonic
Brannstrom Zub
Sanderson Holden
MDZ

Forsberg
Gus

Do what you have to in order to move White, and Zaitsev.

Reactions: NB613 and Puikiou

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Chuck-Norris-Bath
Formenton-Stützle-Fiala
Joseph-Pinto-C.Brown
Doesn’t-Really-Matter

Chabot-Zub
Sanderson-Hamonic
Holden-Brannstrom

Forsberg
Murray

White, Del Zotto and Zaitsev gone
Murray given one last chance
Unfortunately I doubt they add a legit top 4 D

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Fiala - Stutzle - Giroux

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Hamonic

Just watch

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
By the end of the year.

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Stutzle-Pinto-Brown
Formenton-Greig-Sokolov
Kelly-Kastelic-Joseph

Chabot-Zub
Sanderson-Hamonic
Holden-Thomson
JBD

Forsberg
Sogaard

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Didn’t Weircoche go to UND and came out before his coach thought he should and Werichcoe got his money but not th career he wanted.

Guess Kleven uses that as his guide this summer. Doubt we see him in Ottawa

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Didn’t Weircoche go to UND and came out before his coach thought he should and Werichcoe got his money but not th career he wanted.

Wiercioch went to Denver, his coach never mentioned anything about him thinking he should be staying.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I wonder if we will look at Mikheyev this summer. Big, fast, decent skill, plays both wings and we've seen a lot of him over his career.

emo

Aug 25, 2003
Cap City
Visit site
I like him, but I think they will buyout or trade White. I don't think they will be able to move on from Zaitsev or Murray. I'd love to see this.

Tkachuk-Norris-Brown
Giroux-Stutzle-Batherson
Formenton-Pinto-Joseph
Kelly-Grieg-Watson

Extra: Gaudette, Kastelic

With that 4th line, we would have to spend some extra practice time on the PK...

Chabot-Zub
Sanderson-Hamonic
Brannstrom-Holden

Extra: Zaitsev, Del Zotto,

Forsberg
Murray

Reactions: Sweatred

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Check Capfriendly for the salaries paid compared to other teams.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Might see Kleven in Belleville though.

Reactions: aragorn

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Check Capfriendly for the salaries paid compared to other teams.
Right, but that has more to do with us having several young guys(Norris,Stutzle,Pinto,Formenton,Sanderson) that are still on ELCs. We need cap space open for those lads.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Right, but that has more to do with us having several young guys(Norris,Stutzle,Pinto,Formenton,Sanderson) that are still on ELCs. We need cap space open for those lads.
Good teams tend to have better vets than the Senators do now plus some prospects and young players on ELCs. Our GM traded away many of the better vets for futures leaving the team with poor quality vets. I think most posters would agree that the team has been operating as a budget cap floor team as the priority rather than putting a quality team on the ice for the last few years.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
PD and EM doing nothing significant to improve this team seems the most realistic scenario

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Greig-Stutzle-White
Formenton-Pinto-Brown
Watson-Kastelic-Joseph
Kelly

Chabot-Zub
Sanderson-Hamonic
Brannstrom-Holden
Zaitsev

Murray
Forsberg

This lineup has 14 points shy of the last wildcard spot written all over it

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
PD and EM doing nothing significant to improve this team seems the most realistic scenario

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Greig-Stutzle-White
Formenton-Pinto-Brown
Watson-Kastelic-Joseph
Kelly

Chabot-Zub
Sanderson-Hamonic
Brannstrom-Holden
Zaitsev

Murray
Forsberg

This lineup has 14 points shy of the last wildcard spot written all over it
That's what I'm leaning towards as well.

Melnyk has lost money the last 3 three years because of the impact of COVID. This season will be first season to get back into black ink versus red ink.

Hard to imagine he'll acquire several players as well as (plus) buy-out several players or retain and move them. Seems like a pipe dream, but hope that I am wrong.

Reactions: Cosmix and aragorn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad