Prospect Info: 2022-23 Kings Prospects in CHL/College/Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

I had some questions when I posted this - sorry it's an imperfect system so far.

I summarized some notable bits in the past week, but I only post the stats for the day (as well as the season stats). So, earlier this week, Kaleb Lawrence scored two goals, but today he was blanked.

Trying to find a reliable way to do this daily, be accurate, and keep my sanity!

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

I had some questions when I posted this - sorry it's an imperfect system so far.

I summarized some notable bits in the past week, but I only post the stats for the day (as well as the season stats). So, earlier this week, Kaleb Lawrence scored two goals, but today he was blanked.

Trying to find a reliable way to do this daily, be accurate, and keep my sanity!

Oh man, that's way too much manual data scouring, unless you can find someone tech saavy to have the leagues feed you the numbers, lol

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Pretty dissappinting start to the season for Hughes. I didn't like the pick at the time (thought other choices better -- nothign against him)....and early on it's making me feel even worse. But it's early and he's young.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
Pretty dissappinting start to the season for Hughes. I didn't like the pick at the time (thought other choices better -- nothign against him)....and early on it's making me feel even worse. But it's early and he's young.
It was another safe potential 3rd line guy. Disappointing pick as should be swinging for upside given our pool instead of safe guys with limited upside. Would have preferred any of three guys taken directly after him or Trikozov or Hutson.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

Interesting tidbit on Connors that I couldn't fit into the tweet: he has yet to have a game where he only scores 1 point. He's only been blanked 3 times this season. The five games he's scored, he has had 2+ points.

Also, Alex Laferriere had another 2-goal game, which puts him up to 4 G, 2 A in 3 games.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Alex Laferriere might be the next prospect Kings fans should be excited about.

Another 1 G, 2 A tonight so far.

He gets a lot of minutes, but it's not all sheltered. He's also getting some PK time. In fact, he almost had a highlight reel assist on the PK where he pulled multiple Yale players to him at the Yale faceoff dot, then did a no-look pass to his teammate all alone in front of the goalie.

The goalie made a save, but he's showing he's as smart as he is skilled. He creates so many scoring opportunities.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Goal was nice but the assist on goal 2 was nifty.

The shorthanded pass that didn't result in a goal was similar. Except he was cutting from the left faceoff circle to the right and he passed it back to his teammate who was then at the left circle.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Reactions: Statto

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Makes me wonder how he’ll look with pro-level linemates too, guy has the IQ for the game.

He definitely has that. The front part of their schedule is pretty soft, looking forward to seeing how he does against some of the tougher teams. Quinn is really the only other tough team in the ECAC this year I think. Michigan in a couple of weeks should be a good test.

SufferingSelfCreated

Apr 5, 2020

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Most of the Kings prospects who played tonight were held scoreless, except for Jared Wright. He earned his first two collegiate points, including his first NCAA goal (it was the game winner).

Jack Sparkes got in a fight. I don't care how young someone is. I wouldn't want to throw down with someone who's 6'8.

ClayAikenFan77

Jan 1, 2016
Minneapolis
So the numbers show that Jack Hughes is underachieving and Kenny Connors is overachieving. Anybody have any viewings of Northeastern this season to comment on how Hughes has played?

Sounds like Jared is someone that you have a personal relationship with?
Yep! I mentioned it the first time I posted about Jared on here, I grew up being friends with Jared's family and have been watching him play since he was in squirts! Have been on HF boards since 2016 so it's been pretty damn cool to be able to post about since being drafted.

I obviously have a built-in bias, but my goal is to be as objective as I can, so you all can get a better picture of Jared's game beyond the stat sheet or highlights of goals/assists.

Have been busy with work but still plan on giving updates for all the games I've missed. Jared has been playing some great hockey the entire season and finally got rewarded with some points this past weekend.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Yep! I mentioned it the first time I posted about Jared on here, I grew up being friends with Jared's family and have been watching him play since he was in squirts! Have been on HF boards since 2016 so it's been pretty damn cool to be able to post about since being drafted.

I obviously have a built-in bias, but my goal is to be as objective as I can, so you all can get a better picture of Jared's game beyond the stat sheet or highlights of goals/assists.

Have been busy with work but still plan on giving updates for all the games I've missed. Jared has been playing some great hockey the entire season and finally got rewarded with some points this past weekend.
Every time I have ever spoken to anybody about Jared (inside the organization and outside) the reviews are always GLOWING.

and my personal experiences (while extremely limited) with him confirm everything I've heard.

Really rooting for the kid.

EDIT: didn't he just score two goals last night?

ClayAikenFan77

Jan 1, 2016
Minneapolis
Every time I have ever spoken to anybody about Jared (inside the organization and outside) the reviews are always GLOWING.

and my personal experiences (while extremely limited) with him confirm everything I've heard.

Really rooting for the kid.

EDIT: didn't he just score two goals last night?
Yep 2 goals last night, 4 points on the weekend! Game winners in both games vs UND. First time Denver has swept UND in Grand Forks since 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad