Prospect Info: 2022-23 Kings Prospects in CHL/College/Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClayAikenFan77

Jan 1, 2016
Minneapolis
Jared Wright with a goal and assist in his Denver debut (Thought he could've been given another assist). Really nice shift on the assist. Was playing 3rd line with Wild 22' 2nd round draft pick Rieger Lorenz. Although UNLV is an ACHA team, I thought Jared was one of the best players in the game last night and was for sure the best RW in the game.

edit: Keeping my own shot metrics for Jared. 5-on-5 CF:19 CA:2

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Jared Wright with a goal and assist in his Denver debut (Thought he could've been given another assist). Really nice shift on the assist. Was playing 3rd line with Wild 22' 2nd round draft pick Rieger Lorenz. Although UNLV is an ACHA team, I thought Jared was one of the best players in the game last night and was for sure the best RW in the game.

edit: Keeping my own shot metrics for Jared. 5-on-5 CF:19 CA:2

Thank you so much!!!

ClayAikenFan77

Jan 1, 2016
Minneapolis
No points on the weekend for Jared Wright, but I thought he had a great weekend for his first regular season games. Denver's second Power Play gave up 5 odd-man rushes over two games, so I expect we could see Jared on the 2nd PP next weekend.

Notre Dame:
-Could tell Jared was gripping the stick a little tight in this game, but overall I thought he played well for his first regular season game vs the #11 team in the nation.​
-Drew the penalty that led to Denver's 3rd goal.​
-On the ice for Notre Dame's 2nd goal. Denver's LW was out of position in the dzone and this led to the goal, not much Jared could have done to prevent the goal. Also I think there could've been goalie interference called :)
-Shot attempts for their line 5-on-5 CF:5 CA:7​
Maine:
-Dominate game from Jared and his line. Denver had 7 power plays this game, and Jared still found a way to make use of his 5-on-5 and PK time to stand out in this game.​
-Forced the goalie to rush a pass on the forecheck that caused icing which led to a goal next shift.​
-Drew two penalties with his speed​
Shot attempts for their line 5-on-5 CF:15 CA: 4​
Season 5-on-5 Shot Attempts (3 games):
CF 39 CA: 13 (75%)​

Clips from the Weekend (RW #18). Will try to post any plays that I think highlight Jared's playing style/skill.

PK/Scoring Chance vs Maine

Scoring Chance 2x/Penalty Drawn vs Maine

Possession/Zone Exit vs Notre Dame

Drive/Possession vs Maine

Scoring Chance 2x vs Maine

Scoring Chance 2x vs Maine

ClayAikenFan77

Jan 1, 2016
Minneapolis
Hey folks, little late but I still plan on updating the season Corsi and providing some video clips of Jared Wright's weekend vs Mass.

No points last weekend again for Jared, but I thought he had a very strong weekend, and is why I want to make sure I get clips from the games. He was rewarded for his play and was moved to Denver's top line with Red Wings 2nd Round Pick Carter Mazur and Carolina 7th Round Pick Massimo Rizzo for the 3rd period of Friday's game and Saturday, and will be the top line RW this weekend vs Providence.

Although I do have a bias, I try to be as objective as I can when talking about Jared. I had high expectations for Jared after his last year of development, but he has 100% exceeded my expectations for his play at the college hockey level so far.

ClayAikenFan77

Jan 1, 2016
Minneapolis
Splitting up the games into two posts as I thought Jared had a ton of notable plays on the weekend.

Jared Wright vs Massachusetts (Friday 10-14):
-Shot Attempts at 5-on-5: CF:23 ; CA:7 (76%)

-Season Total Shot Attempts at 5-on-5 (4 Games): CF:62 ; CA:20 (75%)

*NOISE WARNING SOME ARE LOUD FOR SOME REASON*

Uses his speed to win the race to the puck on the forecheck and finds his linemate in the slot for a great scoring chance.

Puck retrieval off an offensive rebound to keep play alive. Stays with play to create a short breakaway for his linemate.

Nice behind-the-back pass to his linemate off the boards, gets the puck again and creates space for himself to find his dman for a shot attempt.

I thought this was a great sequence from Jared. Another showcase of his speed to start the offensive possession. A little later, he separates the dman from the puck behind the net, so his linemate can continue to possess the play. Eventually gets the puck behind the net and possesses to create space until he finds a teammate on a nice seam pass that leads to a good shot on net.

Uses his size and strength to get past a defenseman behind the net , keeps his head up and finds his linemate in the slot for a scoring chance.

This is the hockey nerd coming out in me, but I love the little details like this. Jared uses his speed to push the defensemen back on the rush, this creates space for his for linemates to have a clean zone entry. He stays on the play and just misses his teammate on a backdoor feed.

Scored here (from what I've been told) but called no goal on the ice! Strips the Mass player in the neutral zone and makes a nice pass on the zone entry. Continues on the play and scores on the rebound but not enough video evidence to overturn the call on the ice :(

LB

Jun 4, 2014
Los Angeles
Trying to keep track on the prospects in something easier to manage and read. Especially since I can't fit it all in a single tweet. I'm going to try to manage this better.

So the numbers show that Jack Hughes is underachieving and Kenny Connors is overachieving. Anybody have any viewings of Northeastern this season to comment on how Hughes has played?

Hey folks, little late but I still plan on updating the season Corsi and providing some video clips of Jared Wright's weekend vs Mass.

No points last weekend again for Jared, but I thought he had a very strong weekend, and is why I want to make sure I get clips from the games. He was rewarded for his play and was moved to Denver's top line with Red Wings 2nd Round Pick Carter Mazur and Carolina 7th Round Pick Massimo Rizzo for the 3rd period of Friday's game and Saturday, and will be the top line RW this weekend vs Providence.

Although I do have a bias, I try to be as objective as I can when talking about Jared. I had high expectations for Jared after his last year of development, but he has 100% exceeded my expectations for his play at the college hockey level so far.
Sounds like Jared is someone that you have a personal relationship with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad