Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
This is the kind of thing that makes me want to keep Eakins in the organization even if he isn’t the coach. Seems like a caring and genuine guy.
I just said this in the other thread lol

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I like Eakins as a person in the org/mentor type... i just dont know if he is cut out to be a head coach.

These past two seasons made me a believer out of Eakins. We've been competitive despite things looking despair on paper. And when he finally had a full complement of talent on the ice, we hit the top of the Pacific division. Eakins not only improves youths, but he has helped some vets improve their game such as Des, Hakanpaa, Gudbranson, and Rico. Waiving Rico woke Rico up!

When we look at our defensive prospects, a majority of them fit Eakins' pinching D/F4 player! Drysdale, Zellweger, Minty, LaCombe, Thrun, and Moore! I can see Drysdale, LaCombe, Zellweger, and Minty just running circles in the offensive zone!

We got DFD's in Helleson, Hinds, and Warren for balance. Then there's transition guys in Luneau and Andersson.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Eakins is very highly respected around the league, I have heard his name brought up in so many podcasts randomly and stories of him. My new job is a lot further and been listening to a lot of podcasts, was surprised to hear his name brought up quite a bit. Burke was one of the people that mention him quite a bit.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Eakins is very highly respected around the league, I have heard his name brought up in so many podcasts randomly and stories of him. My new job is a lot further and been listening to a lot of podcasts, was surprised to hear his name brought up quite a bit. Burke was one of the people that mention him quite a bit.
I think he has the right mindset/attitude…. I think his systematic approach on ice is his coaching issue.

He says and does right stuff off ice…. But sometimes I watch the on ice play and don’t understand what the team is trying to accomplish. Oilers fans said the same thing, even lindholm commented on it on his way out(not directly at Eakins) but the system here

Reactions: Deuce22

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I think he has the right mindset/attitude…. I think his systematic approach on ice is his coaching issue.

He says and does right stuff off ice…. But sometimes I watch the on ice play and don’t understand what the team is trying to accomplish. Oilers fans said the same thing, even lindholm commented on it on his way out(not directly at Eakins) but the system here

Or it could be the player. Rico was playing like dog shit, but that wasn't Eakins' fault. Comtois came into this season out of shape, but that wasn't Eakins' fault. Zegras staying on the ice for far too long and not changing that cost the team a goal, but that wasn't Eakins' fault.

Eakins' did adjust early in the season to not put Zegras and Drysdale out late in games. That resulted in winning games. Then Murray resigned, covid hit, and injuries started piling up. After all the mess and lack of talent post TDL, the team was still competing. With a full complement of healthy, talented NHLers, Eakins did prove he can win.

What I don't like about Eakins is his nepotism with certain prospects such as Steel and Comtois. Sure, he's healthy scratched them, but both needed to go down to the AHL. Of course, there's that turtling thing late in the third when we're ahead. I know Eakins has preached not to sit back and defense, but rather play the same style. Still, he's gotta coach them to stay on point.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018

If you're referring to what I think you are, I didn't read that as a shot against our system. It was lip service about his new team.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

bsu

Sep 27, 2017

From the videos and interviews I've seen of Pavel, he's definitely anti-social/awkward lol nothing wrong with it though.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Hot takes (I think) for some of the prospects next year.

Zellweger makes the Ducks out of camp

Gaucher cracks 100 points in the Q (or at least paces out for it), and wins the Q’s Selke equivalent

Lopina gets called up

McTavish cracks 20 goals

Perreault cracks 30 in the AHL

Thrun gets the Hobey-Baker

Last edited:

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

From the videos and interviews I've seen of Pavel, he's definitely anti-social/awkward lol nothing wrong with it though.

Like Bryzgalov ? Indeed being different is not a bad thing at all. Could just be nervous because it's the Draft and all.

Bryzgalov was one of the most fascinating personalitys to play for the Ducks and I wish they'd get him to do post game shows for the Ducks. Yeah another former goalie but Bryz is honest and funny.

Bryzgalov was incredible in the Minnesota series in 2007 when Giguere had to step away for the whole series for birth of his son.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
From Verbeek's media availability

On the chances of signing collegians Henry Thrun and Jackson LaCombe

Well, there's always a concern. At the end of the day, once they get by a certain time, they're gonna have the ability to decide whether they want to sign with us or go free. So yeah, it's a concern, but we will proceed with trying to sign them and they are our property until August 15th of next year. So we will continue to give them the reasons why they should stay with the Ducks organization.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee

Well, there's always a concern. At the end of the day, once they get by a certain time, they're gonna have the ability to decide whether they want to sign with us or go free. So yeah, it's a concern, but we will proceed with trying to sign them and they are our property until August 15th of next year. So we will continue to give them the reasons why they should stay with the Ducks organization.

They are gone. I'm expecting so it will end as expected or I can be pleasantly surprised.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017

Depressing

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Depressing
Verbeek better trade them then lose them for nothing. If they walk with nothing in return then he isn’t doing his job. He needs talk to the prospects and figure out what they want to do. If they have a preference to join another team then work a trade and hope to get something back, or package them in another deal.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Verbeek better trade them then lose them for nothing. If they walk with nothing in return then he isn’t doing his job. He needs talk to the prospects and figure out what they want to do. If they have a preference to join another team then work a trade and hope to get something back, or package them in another deal.
Lol, he won't get barely anything for their rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad