Prospect Info: [2022 - 216th] Miguel Tourigny

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It will be curious where Tourigny will play this year.

He could return to Junior for an overage season. But Acadie-Bathurst released their rosters for their training camp, and Tourigny isn't listed on it among the veterans.

At this moment, it's the rookies that are at the camp that began a few days ago. According to AB's press release, the vets will arrive at camp on the 21st (Sunday). Kidney is listed among the vets. But Tourigny isn't.

It doesn't mean he won't go back to the Q. But I did find it curious he wasn't listed at all.

If I'm not mistaken, I think I read somewhere Tourigny's agent saying he doesn't think Tourigny has anything left to learn at Junior, and if he can't get an AHL deal with the Habs/Rocket, he will probably go play pro in Europe (he has a few teams interested in him).

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

He could return to Junior for an overage season. But Acadie-Bathurst released their rosters for their training camp, and Tourigny isn't listed on it among the veterans.

At this moment, it's the rookies that are at the camp that began a few days ago. According to AB's press release, the vets will arrive at camp on the 21st (Sunday). Kidney is listed among the vets. But Tourigny isn't.

It doesn't mean he won't go back to the Q. But I did find it curious he wasn't listed at all.

If I'm not mistaken, I think I read somewhere Tourigny's agent saying he doesn't think Tourigny has anything left to learn at Junior, and if he can't get an AHL deal with the Habs/Rocket, he will probably go play pro in Europe (he has a few teams interested in him).

Trois-Rivieres with an AHL call-up option?

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Trois-Rivieres with an AHL call-up option?

That would be my #1 option if I had a choice.

At his age, to me, he has to play pro, have to see if he can adapt and do anything at all, being a dman who acts like a 4th forward, especially at that size, quite the slope for him.

Even Trois-rivieres is pretty packed. Would not be surprised if he goes to Europe. The pay is probably better too.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

John B

Nov 19, 2016

Europe wouldn't be a bad option if he could get the necessary ice time. NL in Switzerland, SHL or Allsvenskan in Sweden, and Liiga in Finland are all better (higher level hockey) than the ECHL IMO. Obviously the KHL is better as well, but I don't know if that's an option he's considering with what's happening over there right now.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Is he playing in the A, or does he have another year in the Q ?

he can play in the Q as an overager, the AHL, 3R or Euro leagues as he has said he doesn't want to go back to the Q and has offers from Euro league teams so we will have to wait and see what the Habs want to do. There's no room in Laval so it's likely either 3R or Euro leagues unless the Habs could convince him to go back to the Q.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
he can play in the Q as an overager, the AHL, 3R or Euro leagues as he has said he doesn't want to go back to the Q and has offers from Euro league teams so we will have to wait and see what the Habs want to do. There's no room in Laval so it's likely either 3R or Euro leagues unless the Habs could convince him to go back to the

he can play in the Q as an overager, the AHL, 3R or Euro leagues as he has said he doesn't want to go back to the Q and has offers from Euro league teams so we will have to wait and see what the Habs want to do. There's no room in Laval so it's likely either 3R or Euro leagues unless the Habs could convince him to go back to the Q.
I can't see any sense in him playing as an overager.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I get that he isn’t going back to the Q but Slovak league seem kinda out of left field how much better is the Slovak league than the east coast league, maybe it is a financial decision…

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
I like this, he has the skills to be an offensive defender in a men's league. He's a long term project even though he has all the tools.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Guessing Tourigny is our most forgotten prospect (based on no posts since October).

He put up 26 points in 43 games with Trencin Dukla in Slovakia this year. Curious where he plays next season. Is he too far down our depth chart to get a shot in Laval? Is playing in Europe better for his development than the ECHL?

Also worth noting his team was eliminated on March 14th from the playoffs. Would he be eligible to join Laval or Trois-Rivieres to finish off their season?

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Guessing Tourigny is our most forgotten prospect (based on no posts since October).

He put up 26 points in 43 games with Trencin Dukla in Slovakia this year. Curious where he plays next season. Is he too far down our depth chart to get a shot in Laval? Is playing in Europe better for his development than the ECHL?

Also worth noting his team was eliminated on March 14th from the playoffs. Would he be eligible to join Laval or Trois-Rivieres to finish off their season?

Yea his individual thread has been inactive. But he's been discussed a bunch in the Prospects thread.

I also was wondering that with his season in Slovakia over, would they sign him to an AHL deal to come finish the year with Laval. It's been almost two weeks since he's no longer playing and they haven't signed him, so I'm thinking they will give him the off-season to rest and work to prepare for camp.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yea his individual thread has been inactive. But he's been discussed a bunch in the Prospects thread.

I also was wondering that with his season in Slovakia over, would they sign him to an AHL deal to come finish the year with Laval. It's been almost two weeks since he's no longer playing and they haven't signed him, so I'm thinking they will give him the off-season to rest and work to prepare for camp.

Is there enough room in Laval?

Norlinder - Struble
Trudeau - Mailloux
Fairbrother - Beaudin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad