Prospect Info: [2022 - 216th] Miguel Tourigny

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
After all the years of the French Canadian media complaining about Montreal missing out on guys like Gourde, don't expect Montreal to use their late picks for anything else.

It's actually a pretty good tactic though. I mean RHP earned his NHL contract. Simoneau and Tourigny will have to as well, but it also helps bring in talented assets to Laval.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Should have just forfeited the pick lol. A double over-ager D with pedestrian numbers in an offense first league who is smaller than Hutson. The only way to make a worse pick than this would be to draft some random guy off the street outside the venue - at least that would be funny.

I know, it no big deal, a 7th, but if this guy ever makes the NHL full-time, I will smash my own balls with a hammer on live stream lmao.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Should have just forfeited the pick lol. A double over-ager D with pedestrian numbers in an offense first league who is smaller than Hutson. The only way to make a worse pick than this would be to draft some random guy off the street outside the venue - at least that would be funny.

I know, it no big deal, a 7th, but if this guy ever makes the NHL full-time, I will smash my own balls with a hammer on live stream lmao.
Since when is 80 points on D pedestrian?

He was 16th in the league and second among defenseman (the other guy had one more point). He was the highest scoring D on both teams he played for this season, despite only playing half the season on each team.

Was he supposed to have 120 points and lead the league?

Your post screams "I looked at Elite Prospects, saw 40 points beside 21-22, didn't realize he played for two teams this year and actually had 80 points, and then came to HF to rant about a 7th rounder."

Last edited:

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Since when is 80 points on D pedestrian?

He was 16th in the league and second among defenseman (the other guy had one more point). He was the highest scoring D on both teams he played for this season, despite only playing half the season on each team.

Was he supposed to have 120 points and lead the league?

Your post screams "I looked at Elite Prospects, saw 40 points beside 21-22, didn't realize he played for two teams this year and actually had 80 points, and then came to HF to rant about a 7th rounder."
Not going to lie, that is what happened lol, but that honestly doesn’t change much. The rest of it still applies. I like the pick a little more though, but still very little chance most of us ever hear about him again.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Not going to lie, that is what happened lol, but that honestly doesn’t change much. The rest of it still applies. I like the pick a little more though, but still very little chance most of us ever hear about him again.
I mean... that's common for 99.9% of 7th rounders. Very few make it. And even fewer actually stick. And to be fair for this kid... showing this much improvement after 2 years of COVID.. is pretty incredible. Odds are he never makes it anywhere. But I'd rather take the odds on a player with some clear offensive upside than some of the big body, zero offensive upside guys we've taken late in the past like Arvid Henrikson.

And he's actually got 15-20 pounds on Hutson (though he's 2 years older).

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I mean... that's common for 99.9% of 7th rounders. Very few make it. And even fewer actually stick. And to be fair for this kid... showing this much improvement after 2 years of COVID.. is pretty incredible. Odds are he never makes it anywhere. But I'd rather take the odds on a player with some clear offensive upside than some of the big body, zero offensive upside guys we've taken late in the past like Arvid Henrikson.

And he's actually got 15-20 pounds on Hutson (though he's 2 years older).
Definitely agree with you there.

And 15-20 lbs on Hutson still ain’t much lol. Makes you realize what tank a guy like Torey Krug actually is - 5’9”, ~195 lbs. Krug has nearly 50 lbs (!) on Hutson. That is f***ing insane. That’s why Krug has never got crunched like Sam Girard did this playoffs; dude is built like a brick shit-house lol.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
We just drafter TWO 5'8" D today ...

Hutson has been telling everyone that he has medical evidence to suggest that he is due a growth spurt. Given his skillset it was certainly worth gambling on when we did.

Tourigny is the classic late pick to add skill to the AHL team down the road. They will consider it a success if he is a productive player in Laval for 5 years and contributes to a winning/skilled environment to develop more highly touted draft choices.

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
He said he had options to go in Europe, so I hope he signs with Laval. He would definitely help the PP and I'd rather keep him around here tbh. We are log-jammed in Laval though, so we'll see. Could see some time in Trois-Rivières I guess

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He said he had options to go in Europe, so I hope he signs with Laval. He would definitely help the PP and I'd rather keep him around here tbh. We are log-jammed in Laval though, so we'll see. Could see some time in Trois-Rivières I guess

If he signs this summer it would be for 3R as Laval likely doesn't have room for him

Reactions: Sagikev

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Curious if they will have him go the RHP/Simoneau route.

Go back to Junior for his overage season, then sign him to an AHL deal before signing him to an ELC.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
TR could be a good place to start, if he's open to it. He's in that weird spot where he's too old for the Q but probably not quite ready for the AHL right away. The east coast would be a nice middle ground, he could be up in Laval by the Christmas break if he does well.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Not a bad idea. We have 2 years to sign him, and it would be good development for him, as a player & a person.

No room for him in Laval, but maybe next year.

Reactions: Sagikev

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

Looking forward to seeing you look like an idiot. Will match sounding like one.

Definitely agree with you there.

And 15-20 lbs on Hutson still ain’t much lol. Makes you realize what tank a guy like Torey Krug actually is - 5’9”, ~195 lbs. Krug has nearly 50 lbs (!) on Hutson. That is f***ing insane. That’s why Krug has never got crunched like Sam Girard did this playoffs; dude is built like a brick shit-house lol.
Bouillon was 5'8" and 194 lbs and yes, was a tank as well.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

Must See TV.

Laval's powerplay was a complete shit show this year too.. part of it was Houle being an idiot and not using Norlinder, but the other options were ass back there.
Yes. Wallet is a complete waste on the PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad