2022-2023Trade Block

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Might have been mentioned but I’m not gonna scroll up.

As of now names worth noting that are for sure on the market now or TDL are

Arcuri
Winterton
Morrison
Hayes
Harrison
Bloom
Mintyukov

Possibly:

Johnston
Maggio

All in all, Atleast more options than last year but with this being the reality if I’m a team that’s going in I’m making my trades as early as I can …

Then again, missy thinks they will be good but they only have 4 players on their team so maybe there’s a surprise there

Whoever can outbid who for the biggest fish
I think it just might be a great year for the few re-tooling teams with picks to acquire 2004-05 born and good graduating players to trade; and, maybe more than enough ‘big fish’ to go around.
There cannot possibly be more than 7-8 real contenders after the trade deadline; more likely, 6-7. Any two of Rangers, Sting, Storm, ‘67s, Icedogs, and Steelheads deciding prices warrant a sell can flood the market. W.Johnson or S.Wright are not nearly in as much demand as MacTavish was if DelMaestro, DelBelBelluz, Hardie, Uberti or Matier, Beck, Boucher are made available.

Reactions: Devin

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I think it just might be a great year for the few re-tooling teams with picks to acquire 2004-05 born and good graduating players to trade; and, maybe more than enough ‘big fish’ to go around.
There cannot possibly be more than 7-8 real contenders after the trade deadline; more likely, 6-7. Any two of Rangers, Sting, Storm, ‘67s, Icedogs, and Steelheads deciding prices warrant a sell can flood the market. W.Johnson or S.Wright are not nearly in as much demand as MacTavish was if DelMaestro, DelBelBelluz, Hardie, Uberti or Matier, Beck, Boucher are made available.

Without a doubt, the 67s will likely make an impact on the trade market. If they are close enough, they will be a buyer and if they aren’t close enough and decide to sell, they will be selling three completely different players that could have serious impact on bonafide contenders.

The funny part about Ottawa’s potential available players is that two of them may be extremely highly sought after because of the element they bring to the team. Boucher may not score in bunches but his impact physically in a seven game series on a contending team becomes exponentially greater as a series progresses. Matier being a strong righty D-Man with physicality and ability to play 30 minutes per game may have a higher degree of impact than Beck scoring potentially 50 goals. There will likely be other players able to score 50 goals available but I don’t think you will see another Matier or Boucher on the trade market.

Reactions: OHLoutsider2020

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad